Direct answer from chris wilson to my email about PVP

So socketing an empower into a +1 chest next to a level21 spark will be definitely a bad idea from now on.

Also keep in mind that if the new damage reduction is in the same category as all separate PvP reductions, then that reduction number is also much stronger than the multiplicative modifer that characters can get elsewhere, as those reductions are calculated after the general PvP formula to further reduce the damage.

As an example, numbers that a sparker can possibly have (inquisitor):
2000-20000 damage per hit
4 casts per second
80% critchance
450% critmulti
0% penetration, 0% enemy resistance

Entering these values into my calculator gives a result of 10926.18 tooltip PvP dps.

If I enter a PvP multiplier of 0.68 (means 32% lowered damage, assuming gem level of 21), I get a tooltip PvP dps: 7429.81

The point of this calculation is to show how much more damage multiplier it would need to get the same tooltip pvp dps with the nerfed character as it was before.

With the above example it would need a 94.44% more damage multiplier to get to the same level as it was before (the result is this high because this multiplier is penalised by the general PvP reduction formula).

This result number changes with the damage values entered, if you use higher base numbers the result is also higher, with lower values the result is also lower.

Edit: This calculation is a little bit off because I used a critchance value different from 100%, which in reality would mean that on non-crits the resistances would not be ignored, but it doesn't affect the results much.
IGN: Márkusz
My builds: thread/1600072
( •_•)>⌐■-■
(⌐■_■)
Last edited by Márkusz on Apr 13, 2016, 1:18:18 PM
So does that mean we'll get one shoted by a smaller margin now ?
"
IceDeal wrote:

Maximum possible pvp damage hit down from 6641 to 4516, so I guess yea.
( •_•)>⌐■-■
(⌐■_■)
"
Márkusz wrote:
"
IceDeal wrote:

Maximum possible pvp damage hit down from 6641 to 4516, so I guess yea.

That's still a ridiculously high damage output considering the mechanics involved and x amount of sparks on the screen at any given time. If you were getting 2 shot before you'll still be 2 shot or at the very best 2.5 shot but you won't notice the difference time wise.
GGG, the ADA of gaming....huuuur i gotz mai skilz.
IGN: MullaXul
"
MullaXul wrote:
That's still a ridiculously high damage output considering the mechanics involved and x amount of sparks on the screen at any given time. If you were getting 2 shot before you'll still be 2 shot or at the very best 2.5 shot but you won't notice the difference time wise.

If we really are talking numbers this reduction is almost equal to going from 2 shots to 3 shots, and yes, there will be difference noticable time-wise. I'm not saying this is the good fix for it, but it is something that helps, and that's good.

( •_•)>⌐■-■
(⌐■_■)
I'm not dancing in the street buying up gore MTX's, but i'm still happy to see them at least attempt still.
🎆🎆 www.youtube.com/c/Ahfack
🎆🎆 NEW #1 LLRF Helm -> 30% MORE|25CON|25BURN|-12fire|352es
🎆🎆 #1 Phys/Impale Leg 70% Multi Amulet + #1 Phys Rings!
🎆🎆 ^^Free 7L Fortify Cyclone!
🎆🎆 https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/534134
Great job man! They need to know that the pvp community is small, but a lot of us spend money on the game (disproportionately compared to pure pve'ers for sure), and hope pvp won't just disappear.

I'm running spark on perandus and it's unstoppable, however if they nerf the damage further it will just be a 1 shot trap meta here, so not sure if it's any better. I think all pvp damage as well as regen needs to go down by 50%...Then we might have some real matches.
trappers, miners have never been a problem while the meta is mostly about offscreen shots.
"You have great power. You're right to be proud. It's unfortunate you have to die now, but I will honor you with 45% of my strength."

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info