[2.3] PoisonReave/Cleave+Viper Strike (1 million DPS) Raider using Dreamfeathers (Videos Included)

"
Morelikeew wrote:

Just a quick couple questions though, would it be worth trying to vaal +chaos damage onto the Dreamfeathers? I have a problem with vaaling and I'm looking for more reason to brick a bunch of weapons.

And as for enchantments, what are we looking for? Reave radius > Reave Damage > Viper Damage > Viper Duration?

Raider4life.

Seems expensive but there are other chaos builds that use dreamfeathers, so it's probably the best vaal you can get on those.

As for the helm enchant, I think reave damage>reave radius because of double dipping.

But finding a good rare helm with a specific enchant is difficult, so I wouldn't get too picky.
Last edited by Novalisk on Jul 10, 2016, 5:41:23 AM
Hey have you tried uber Atziri with this build? I know you mentioned that its not uber atziri viable, but Proximi has a crit dreamfeather build that can do it. I find it hard to believe that a non-crit version can't

Link:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1689474
This build is incredibly fun to play.

I hit level 69 earlier today after flying through levelling ~5 levels under the area from the end of normal.

Mainly destroyed dried lake, but ventured into some t6/7 maps at level 70, handled them well considering I still have most of the life nodes on the tree to get. (I hit a4m with 1.8k life)

Couple of tree questions though, why did you take Primal Spirit over Druidic Rite? flask duration seems more useful than the extra attribute points.

And Cloth & Chain seems like super high value for 2 points, 36% inc evasion, 15% all res, I'd be tempted to take that before the Eva/Armour/Life cluster at duelist.

I'm very tempted by Graceful Assault also, for 4 points you can get: 25% Inc eva during onslaught, 16% Attack Damage, extra Onslaught on kill chance, and 24% Inc Eva.

current_gear

Still figuring jewellery as you'll see.
And that helm was a hell of a purchase, bought it for 20c without the crafted flat res.

I decided to go with a more traditional CWDT/IC/Inc Duration/Vaal Skill setup personally, partly because I didn't want to spend 2 ex colouring my boots then not be able to use them elsewhere, and partly because I'm toying with the idea of running a

with a level 21 Grace slotted in it. This gives us a comparatively huge unreserved mana pool, meaning more Whirling around the map at top speed without a care in the world. This also frees a slot in our Aura Dreamfeather for us to Empower our Temp Chains.

So you'd trade an auto-Enfeeble and +1 curse ring (and its +chaos dmg corruption) for an extra 300 flat evasion from Grace, and up to a 24/20 Temp Chains.
Or, at worst, a much easier time getting your resists and an extra ~80 life + chaos dmg craft if you opt for a Rare ring.

Enfeeble is most likely the best choice for the rippiest of maps and a very strong option, I just think this could be a viable alternative. I'd love to hear your thoughts on it.
Last edited by Morelikeew on Jul 13, 2016, 7:48:17 AM
"
why did you take Primal Spirit over Druidic Rite? flask duration seems more useful than the extra attribute points.

I value the +20*2 to two stats we're lacking quite a bit. As far as druidic rite goes, I don't pay enough attention to flask duration and end up wasting duration anyway, but it's up to you.

"
And Cloth & Chain seems like super high value for 2 points, 36% inc evasion, 15% all res, I'd be tempted to take that before the Eva/Armour/Life cluster at duelist.

It's nice but not nicer than life IMO. We need life more than we need evasion at that lategame point.

"
I decided to go with a more traditional CWDT/IC/Inc Duration/Vaal Skill setup personally, partly because I didn't want to spend 2 ex colouring my boots then not be able to use them elsewhere, and partly because I'm toying with the idea of running a

with a level 21 Grace slotted in it. This gives us a comparatively huge unreserved mana pool, meaning more Whirling around the map at top speed without a care in the world. This also frees a slot in our Aura Dreamfeather for us to Empower our Temp Chains.

So we lose enfeeble/temp chains BV CWDT setup in favor of an IC CWDT setup? Not sure I like that trade, but if not being able to use the boots on other builds bothers you that much then it's a solid decision. Personally I dislike the essence worm idea though, you're better off with an elreon ring if you want to make whirling blades last longer. More life and resists, plus you can craft chaos damage on it.
Last edited by Novalisk on Jul 13, 2016, 7:54:38 AM
"
So we lose enfeeble/temp chains BV CWDT setup in favor of an IC CWDT setup? Not sure I like that trade, but if not being able to use the boots on other builds bothers you that much then it's a solid decision. Personally I dislike the essence worm idea though, you're better off with an elreon ring if you want to make whirling blades last longer. More life and resists, plus you can craft chaos damage on it.

All valid points on the rest, but I guess I emphasised the wrong benefit of the Essence Worm.

Originally we have

Grace, Enfeeble + Temp Chains.

Because I chose a CWDT/IC setup rather than CWDT/COH/BV/Enfeeble, the +1 Curse was wasted, so I have a "free" ring slot, I could run another rare ring as you said, extra Chaos, Life and an easier time managing resists, or use the ring slot for a unique (+Chaos dmg Le Heup or a Death Rush seem like options also) which is why I settled for Essence Worm, as I thought that would give the biggest benefit of the options.

Switching to Essence Worm gives us a +2 Grace (from the ring), and potentially a +3 Temp Chains (lvl4 Empower) at the cost of our Enfeeble.
We're not giving up a strong layer of defense and replacing it with nothing, we're buffing Temp Chains, and our Offense/Defense/Clearspeed through Grace.
The unreserved mana is just added comfort, I certainly wouldn't trade in Enfeeble for just mana's sake.

"
We're not giving up a strong layer of defense and replacing it with nothing, we're buffing Temp Chains, and our Offense/Defense/Clearspeed through Grace.

Didn't say you're trading it for nothing. Just that giving grace/temp chains +2 and having more whirling blades uptime simply isn't that much of a benefit when you compare it to a good rare ring.
one question, can i offhand soultaker instead of dualwield dreamfeather?
current gear
Spoiler
Last edited by 69wanted69 on Sep 4, 2016, 9:22:08 AM
Soul Taker will lower your DPS by a significant amount, we don't really have mana issues.
This is a really fun build and I'm wondering if its worth spending two points to get into Cloth and Chain for the Elemental Resistance if I'm having difficulty capping it and if so, which nodes should I sacrifice for it first?

Also with the introduction of the new unique Sibnite Flask, Witchfire brew. Do you think it has a place in this build with us looking for bleed removal elsewhere?
If you're hurting for elemental resistances then you could get that node temporarily instead of a few damage nodes.

Witchfire Brew should work well with this build, you can replace the shock removal flask with a bleed removal one.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info