[2.3] PoisonReave/Cleave+Viper Strike (1 million DPS) Raider using Dreamfeathers (Videos Included)

Killing Izaro with this build is like draging ur nut sack thru a broken glass.
"
syfon wrote:
Killing Izaro with this build is like draging ur nut sack thru a broken glass.

Uhm, Sounds like you had issues?

Edit - Looking at your character, I see the following problems:

1. You haven't ascended at all, this will make kiting bosses a pain since your frenzy charge duration will be low with snakebite.

2. You don't have my suggested flask setup (stibnite in particular is a must). This will make Izaro hit you way more often than he otherwise should, as well as short-change your DPS potential due to dreamfeather scaling with jade+stibnite.
Last edited by Novalisk on May 13, 2016, 7:00:23 PM
Hello Novalisk! I've whispered to you in-game 2 weeks ago about the fact that I wanted to try out your build in P2WHC. In the end I didn't play much in that league so I don't have anything to report. But, I'm going to try it in prophecy!
Lacerate seems like it could be a nice replacement for reave/cleave, what do you think of that?
From what we've seen of Lacerate, it doesn't seem as powerful as Reave and its red gem color makes it harder to chrome on a QotF. Seems better than Cleave though.

It's important to note that Lacerate's stated strongest point is in its versatility in both AoE and single target DPS, since it "shotguns" when you're in melee range of a boss. Since we're using Viper Strike, that aspect of Lacerate doesn't benefit the build much.

Have fun with the build in Prophecy!
Last edited by Novalisk on May 21, 2016, 3:58:07 PM
Oh, hey there new item: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1665314.

I'd have a tough time giving up Queen of the Forest (mostly for speed, then losing 500+ evasion), but Cospri's Will seems made for you.
Dreamfeather Elemental Cleave Ranger: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1087616
Well it does free up a glove and ring slot, as well as give us an easier time in no-curse maps.

Thing is that Snakebites are actually pretty good offensively (16% increased attack speed, 48% increased accuracy) and their evasion+life aren't easy to surpass on gloves. So the poison bonus isn't much.

Ring slot (no need for doedre's) gets freed up, meaning we can pick up life and resists on a ring, but seeing as we lose life and resists by removing our QotF that bonus isn't much either.

So what do we really gain from this item? An easier time in curse-immune maps. And since we aren't relying on curses for survivability, the extra clearspeed from QotF is likely the better choice.
Last edited by Novalisk on May 26, 2016, 8:37:20 AM
Have you seen the new voidheart ring?
I was planning on running a variant on this for my next build (wanted to try vortex first). I even dropped a cospri's will yesterday but had to sell to fund my current build.
But 100% poison and bleed on hit seems amazing, no need for snakebites, no need for cospri if you want to use QOTF (although the hexproof piercing still good)

The issues I have with Voidheart are:

1. It takes up a ring slot, so we get less added chaos damage (we can't get that on gloves). However, you can corrupt chaos damage on rings.
2. We don't really benefit from the Bleed, since this is a high attack speed low phys damage build.
3. Snakebite isn't that bad outside of poison (lots of accuracy and attack speed), and since this build isn't crit then finding a better set of gloves won't be easy.
Last edited by Novalisk on Jun 9, 2016, 2:15:45 AM
This looks pretty fun as a build, and gives me something to use

on.

Just a quick couple questions though, would it be worth trying to vaal +chaos damage onto the Dreamfeathers? I have a problem with vaaling and I'm looking for more reason to brick a bunch of weapons.

And as for enchantments, what are we looking for? Reave radius > Reave Damage > Viper Damage > Viper Duration?

Raider4life.
"
Morelikeew wrote:
This looks pretty fun as a build, and gives me something to use

on.

Just a quick couple questions though, would it be worth trying to vaal +chaos damage onto the Dreamfeathers? I have a problem with vaaling and I'm looking for more reason to brick a bunch of weapons.

And as for enchantments, what are we looking for? Reave radius > Reave Damage > Viper Damage > Viper Duration?

Raider4life.

Haha I had the same question about vaaling the Dreamfeathers. Seems worthwhile to do given how cheap they are, as long as you have sufficient accuracy elsewhere.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info