[2.4 Video Guide] Righteous Fire, Vaal Molten Shell Build Guide (Large AoE) [Atziri & HC/SC Viable]

Video Guide: Path Of Exile: Righteous Fire, Vaal Molten Shell Build Guide! [HC/SC & Atziri Viable]

Check this short (8-9 min) build guide video above. It will show you how the build performs, the gameplay and explain how to set everything up!

If you have any questions about the build, you are most welcome to visit my twitch stream and ask them - I will do my best to answer them:

Lifting's Twitch Live Stream Channel

This is the official thread for my large AoE 5-linked Righteous Fire, Vaal Molten Shell Build. In this thread, I will cover the most basic requirements of the build. To get a more detailed explanation of how the build works and needs to be set up, check out the link to my video guide above.

First of all, what can you expect from this build?

1. This build is very tanky, it deals a decent/good amount of damage and it can take on the highest level maps, granted you have the gear of course.

2. It is Atziri viable - as a matter of fact is is one of the best builds to deal with Atziri due to its very high fire resistance (87-88%) - 95% with Ruby Flasks.

3. The build is viable for both hardcore and softcore softcore gameplay.

4. It is fairly budget friendly, however there are a few required unique items that you will need, so I do not recommend this build to someone who is a complete beginner to PoE.

Build mechanic introduction:

For defenses, this build relies on a high life pool, tons of life regen, armor, endurance charges and a CWDT setup. The damage of RF is among other mechanics scaled via your total life pool, thus making it very attractive to get tons of life. Furthermore, it utilizes the new Elemental Focus support gem and the keystone Elemental Overload.

Skill-gems and setups:

Main Damage Setup:

- Righteous Fire, Increased Burning Damage, Elemental Focus, Increased AoE & Concentrated Effect.

Secondary Damage & Defensive Setup:

- Vaal Molten Shell, Increased Duration & Life Leech.

Note: Use this in your Doon to benefit from Iron Will.

Curse & Utility Setup:

- Cyclone, Fortify, Curse on Hit, Flammability.

Note: To proc Elemental Equilibrium you need to have a small amount of cold/lightning damage added to attacks on your jewelry/gloves.

Utility Setup:

- Cast When Damage Taken (lvl 1), Blade Vortex(lvl 8), Increased Critical Strike Chance & Increased Duration (both max level).

Defensive Setup:

- Cast When Damage Taken (lvl 13), Immortal Call (lvl 15), Stone Golem (lvl 15) & Increased Duration (max level).

Auras & Utility:

- Purity of Fire, Vitality & Enduring Cry.

Note: Before you can start using Righteous Fire at level 65, your Purity of Fire and Vitality must be of level 17 or higher!

Skill-trees & Ascendancy class:

Ascendancy Class: The Ascendant

Ascendancy Points: Trickster & Pathfinder/Elementalist (6 pts).

Leveling skill-tree, 24 points:

Leveling skill-tree, 45 points:

Leveling skill-tree, 73 points:

Finished skill-tree, 114 points:

Note: That if you at any point need Int/Dex, simply pick up the 30+ notable in the skill-tree and spec out of it later when you are able to cover these requirements via gear.

Leveling Tips:

1. Level 1-65: Dual Wield 2 Lifesprig Wands/1+ Fire Wands. Add Firestorm, Added Lightning & Faster Casting/Spell Echo in one of them and in the other; Flame Totem, Faster Casting & Elemental Focus.

Alternatively, you can also as suggested in the video use Spark, Added Lightning and Faster Casting in one of the Wands and Orb of Storms, Controlled Destruction and Elemental Focus in the other.

Once you reach level 53 you can buy a Geofri's Crest and add your Firestorm/Spark setup to this for extra damage.

2. Level 65+: Equip your Rise of the Phoenix shield, a level 17 Purity of Fire and level 17 Vitality and start using Righteous Fire.

Note: before doing this make sure to have your flasks crafted. Refer to flask section below.

Bandit Quest Rewards:

- Normal : Help Oak for 40+ life.
- Cruel : Kill them all for 1 extra skill point.
- Merciless: Help Kraityn for +1 to maximum frenzy charges.

Gearing and stat priorities:

Defensive affixes, in priority:

1. Life
2. Elemental Resistances (87% Fire when starting to use RF & 75% Cold/lightning)
3. Armor
4. Chaos Resistance

Offensive affixes, in priority:

1. Fire Damage
2. Elemental Damage
3. Strength

My current gear (ignore the gem sockets)

Jewels:

- Inc. Maximum Life%
- Inc. Area Damage
- Inc. Fire Damage
- Inc. Damage Over Time
- Inc. Strength
- Inc. Elemental Resistances%

Flasks:
- 1x Seething Divine Life Flasks of Dousing.
- 1x Ruby Flask of Staunching
- 1x Ruby Flask of Warding
- 1x Rumi's Concoction/Ample Granite Flask of Ironskin
- 1x Ample Quicksilver Flask of Adrenaline.

Recommended unique items:

Weapon: Doon Cuebiyari

Spoiler

Chest: Carcass Jack

Spoiler

Shield: Rise of the Phoenix

Spoiler

Boots: The Blood Dance

Spoiler

Outro:

Make sure to watch the video guide to see some actual gameplay of how the build performs as well as to get a better explanation of how it works!

Video Guide: Path Of Exile Ascendancy: Righteous Fire, Vaal Molten Shell Build Guide! [HC/SC & Atziri Viable]

Check out my other build guides for 2.4

- 2.4 Warchief Totems Champion/Juggernaut [HC/SC]

- 2.4 Crit Ice Nova Shatter Build Inquisitor/Elementalist [HC/SC]

- 2.4 Doomfletch Tornado Shot & Blast Rain Raider [HC/SC] (video slightly outdated, check forum post)

- 2.4 Doomfletch Lightning Arrow & Blast Rain Raider [HC/SC] (video slightly outdated, check forum post)

- 2.4 Tanky Cyclone Champion/Juggernaut [HC/SC]

- 2.4 Shockwave Totem Inquisitor [HC/SC][/b]

- 2.4 Ultimate Beginner's Flame Totem Chieftain [HC/SC]

- 2.4 Earthquake Champion/Juggernaut/Slayer [HC/SC]

Stay safe!

#DoYouEvenNerd
Lifting
Weekly build guides: Youtube.com/LiftingNerdBro
Daily live streams: Twitch.tv/LiftingNerdBro
Friendly PoE community: Discord.gg/Lifting
Last edited by LiftingNerdBro on Sep 2, 2016, 12:02:23 PM
Last bumped on Aug 6, 2017, 6:36:09 PM
Reserved :)
Just ripped on my chaos/poison BV, this sounds really fun, will probably go with this build next!
Thanks for all the awesome builds man!
Dude! ur guides is awesome!
Glad you like them! :)
I could try RF again but I have fell in love with Whirling blades. Is there any chance to get this working with claws, 1h sword or dagger?
"
Klemeesi wrote:
I could try RF again but I have fell in love with Whirling blades. Is there any chance to get this working with claws, 1h sword or dagger?

Not this build unfortunately, but save it for later mate. The build isn't going anywhere. Enjoy your whirling blades for now :)
Nice guide, but let's make this clear:

Righteous Fire burns you by 90% of your max HP + 70% of your max ES, so let's make some math.

If you have 5000 max HP and 200 ES, RF will degen you by 4500 per second (from HP) with 0% Fire Resistance, and 140 per second (from ES). You need to mitigate this with Fire Resistance and Life Regeneration, so how much you need? Simple, you have a formula:

Degen = (MaxHP*0.9 + MaxES*0.7) * (FireRes/100)

Degen = (5000*0.9 + 200*0.7) * (75/100)

Degen = (4640) * (0.75)

Degen = 1160 <- note that this amount of life regen is for 75% fire resistance.

Where degen is the damage you take per second you can calculate the amount od Life Regeneration you need to sustain RF properly. Following the example of 5000 maximum hp:

5000 = 100 %
1160 = ??? % = 23.2% <- note that this amount of life regen is for 75% fire resistance.

I hope this is a nice addition to this guide. And bro, do you even math?
Last edited by NicoSic on Apr 11, 2016, 2:40:21 AM
nice guide, want to try RF build
but may i ask why Blade Vortex is needed?
"
fakabaka wrote:
nice guide, want to try RF build
but may i ask why Blade Vortex is needed?

To trigger elemental overload as in the video guide told.

I'd rather ask, since i did read pen doesnt apply to degen effects as rf but you go elementalist and eq, whats right? Also couldnt you go for damage over time jewels?

edit:nice build btw, im 69 now works great :D
Last edited by Kalastri92 on Apr 11, 2016, 9:15:57 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info