Performance Improvements

Nothing about too many skill effects on screen? Thats sad.....this game will always lags.
Glowing green mouse cursor plz.
"Realm Stability
We have had an unacceptable number of realm stability issues in the last few weeks. Our network architecture involves a central set of Master servers in Dallas, TX. Our gateways around the world (in Europe, America, Brazil, Australia, etc.) connect to these Master servers. If there is a networking incident on the internet somewhere that disrupts this connection, then users on the affected gateways are disconnected. If the networking incident occurs in or near the data center that our Master servers are located in, then all users are affected. Recently we've seen disruptions like these every few days"

Is this what causes the game to crash to a black screen and the Windows message "something is wrong with path of Exile that has caused the program to close unexpectedly..."? I was going back to pick up skill points on a HC character and this type of crash killed me. I have not been playing HC since, hoping that this will be fixed before I invest anymore time into that mode of the game.
🐢
A very interesting read for a developer like me. Keep optimizing, and thanks for an amazing game overall! Hands down the best ARPG out there :)
Just died again last night. Still random zones/maps ping spiking from 50 - 2000. Other zones/maps are completely fine than the others. After 1 month of this. After not ever having this issue in any other season. After trying anything and everything to fix it. After checking other games and seeing no similar issues. I'm finding it so hard to keep playing anything that isn't a totem build. But with this badass information, and these fixes/changes. I am really fucking hopeful. All I want to do is play this motha' fuckin' game.
"
Chris wrote:
working on a new asset management system that can load assets asynchronously

This will be the most important feature that you will ever add to PoE, people will love this even more than lockstep.
That is if you get it right (placeholders till loading is done will be tricky. colored bounding boxes? but then what about effects covering the entire screen? alpha transparency? what about overlaying stuff and the players doesn't know what to target? random colored perlin-noise with black levels tied to alpha level?)

Please make this feature happen! For the love of Jebus!
As someone with a seven year old toaster computer, even I can tell that games like Civilization V work MUCH better and smoother in DirectX 11 compared to DirectX 9. This change and the better new sound engine are great news for me :D
Keep up the best work I've seen performance wise on a game, GGG.
Also, as an informatic engineering student, I appreciate even more when the things I'm learning about do make an appereance in the games I love.
"Teamwork is OP"
-The one and only one Dark_Reaper115 at your service.
Will the 64-bit client have an option to allow preload of all assets at startup? You have tons of players with 16gb+ of memory, if your total asset size stays under about 12gb most of us would be able to play with all assets loaded.
If GGG can do all this better and sooner by sacrificing the release of new content I'll say amen to it rather than churning out new ones that only adds to the problem. The day that anyone can play lag free on a full party will be quite a treat already. Thanks for being honest GGG.
Poe is not more for poor ppl
:(
my english sux.
Thanks for sharing lot of details.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info