Performance Improvements

I always wondered if the performance issues could have something to do with the huge database that we have.

I checked my remove only tabs, about 20 of them. They sure must stress the servers if a few hundred K of these exist.
Last edited by kompaniet on Oct 14, 2018, 9:28:33 AM
Any news on optimization?
I have scoured the search option and cannot find an answer so Im just going to ask here.

I cannot find an official "computer specs" thread that is not 5 years old.
Im putting together a budget PC to run POE on and I need hoping to find out at what level the following will run POE graphically. So any constructive response would be greatly appreciated!

BUDGET PC
Dell Optiplex 990
i5 2400 3.1 ghz
6tx 1060 6GB graphics card
250ggb ssd card

will this run full setting? close to full settings?
Im running off an older laptop currently and obviously have to set the graphics down to run the game but still get some lag.

any help is greeted with thanks!
"
WarriorX10 wrote:
I have scoured the search option and cannot find an answer so Im just going to ask here.

I cannot find an official "computer specs" thread that is not 5 years old.
Im putting together a budget PC to run POE on and I need hoping to find out at what level the following will run POE graphically. So any constructive response would be greatly appreciated!

BUDGET PC
Dell Optiplex 990
i5 2400 3.1 ghz
6tx 1060 6GB graphics card
250ggb ssd card

will this run full setting? close to full settings?
Im running off an older laptop currently and obviously have to set the graphics down to run the game but still get some lag.

any help is greeted with thanks!

What is your budget? Are you working with your PC, what Monitor do you have?

In theory, buying a Nvidia card for POE is good, as AMD cards struggle with performance under DX11 and POE is very fragile for that. Then again, if you have a freesync monitor, it would be wise to buy a 580.

If you work with your PC, do banking stuff... then stay away from Intel. There is a huge security breach with their architecture and the patches that they roll out, are just software patches and therefore cost a lot of performance.
AMD´s 2600 is a very good piece of hardware and only costs 140 Euro.

It really depends on your budget, a decent AMD system costs between 500-700 Euro, depending on your needs. An intel system of same quality, usually costs about 100-150 bucks more.

Keep in mind though, POE is poorly optimized, especially in party play, stuttering is to be expected.
I believe this last patches messed something.

My pc wasn't running PoE with 50%+ CPU usage and 60%+ GPU usage as its happening now (already over 3 days). Even if ur parked at city, doing nothing.

First I thought was a fix problem that changed everything to max, but the UI didn't update the options... So I set all to max, and reset everything to minimum just to test it. Still same issue.

Im using an AMD FX Octacore + 16 Gb Ram + 1060Ti
It was running way smoother at Delve.

------------------

About the trade, I think its nice the way GGG worked around. Only thing I believe GGG should fix its the delay between the trade and availability.

A person sells the stuff, but the stuff still listed at trade for over 10mins+ yet, causing frustation to those who want to buy and those who already sold the item.

Do we have an shortcut-reply for pms? that can help to reply ppl too, It sux have to press Enter and click pm on ppls name.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info