Performance Improvements

It is really good that this is now a foreground issue. I have friends that refuse to play the game over performance issues and even those that play frequently complain about how clunky the game feels compared to other ARPGs.

1) It should not have taken this long to address. I suppose nothing can be done about this but most long-term players have said for years now that they would rather see improvements to the current content over new content. I guess better late than never.

2) I know I am not alone in saying this: If the shiny exile MTX effects, sparkly ground, glowing golden perandus mobs, etc are too much to load in a reasonable amount of time then they should be modified to work efficiently; period, in every case, without exception. It might look really good on paper to have all these overdone effects happening but when it reduces frame rates to a crawl and causes in-game issues it does not pan out. Remember, sometimes less is more. I would rather the exile be subtle and not cause the game to freeze than have a super cool looking exile kill me while I can't see what's going on because the game froze for 5 seconds. There are issues with multiplayer for this same reason and there is at least (1) thread per day about turning off other players' effects. I'm not saying this is THE solution but obviously something needs to be done to either tone down, reduce, or otherwise optimize situations where a substantial amount of effects are getting loaded at once. It would be a big win for everyone playing if they were at least temporarily toned down till a better solution is available.

Thank you for addressing these issues. The game is great but the lag issues make the overall experience a little lackluster.
Maybe one day we will be able to play full cast on crit groups :)
Finally some engine upgrades, not a moment to soon. And while your at it, work on particeleffects and tell the art department to tone it down, alot, so the screen isn't lit up like a damn christmas tree everytime...It´s ugly and cheap, and cost unneccesary performance.

In Path of Exile 2 i expect to see physics! Like in Exanima. Imagine that game engine with your skillssystem, *Drool ;)
“Close your eyes and let the mind expand. Let no fear of death or darkness arrest its course. Allow the mind to merge with Mind. Let it flow out upon the great curve of consciousness. Let it soar on the wings of the great bird of duration, up to the very Circle of Eternity.”
"
Dos_Fafner wrote:
It is really good that this is now a foreground issue. I have friends that refuse to play the game over performance issues and even those that play frequently complain about how clunky the game feels compared to other ARPGs.

1) It should not have taken this long to address. I suppose nothing can be done about this but most long-term players have said for years now that they would rather see improvements to the current content over new content. I guess better late than never.

2) I know I am not alone in saying this: If the shiny exile MTX effects, sparkly ground, glowing golden perandus mobs, etc are too much to load in a reasonable amount of time then they should be modified to work efficiently; period, in every case, without exception. It might look really good on paper to have all these overdone effects happening but when it reduces frame rates to a crawl and causes in-game issues it does not pan out. Remember, sometimes less is more. I would rather the exile be subtle and not cause the game to freeze than have a super cool looking exile kill me while I can't see what's going on because the game froze for 5 seconds. There are issues with multiplayer for this same reason and there is at least (1) thread per day about turning off other players' effects. I'm not saying this is THE solution but obviously something needs to be done to either tone down, reduce, or otherwise optimize situations where a substantial amount of effects are getting loaded at once. It would be a big win for everyone playing if they were at least temporarily toned down till a better solution is available.

Thank you for addressing these issues. The game is great but the lag issues make the overall experience a little lackluster.
Back to The Melee (Reaving Insight): view-thread/1240462
Fusion Skill Engineering: view-thread/1095291
64-bit DirectX 11 Client

^^^^

Super hyped for this :)
"
Chris wrote:

64-bit DirectX 11 Client
In the future we plan to release an alternate Path of Exile client that is compiled as a 64-bit executable and will use DirectX 11 rather than DirectX9. This client will require Windows Vista or above (and a 64-bit CPU). The old client will still work for Windows XP or 32 bit machines, but won't have the performance improvements that come with DirectX 11. This release is planned for 2017.

its nice to know there are major performance changes coming in the future, i was really starting to think the common issues were being ignored, and that was the only thing keeping me on the ropes about taking this game seriously. I hope that eventually the game will be stable enough to attempt hardcore on my space heater! thanks for the update GGG it was well worded and very explanatory.
Nice
64-bit hype! You guys just keep on giving
Thank fuck you guys finally have dedicated staff on this, a couple years too late but hind sight etc.

This game shouldn't have been released in the poor state it was in honestly. Now we're going to have to wait some months still and even then if you guys can't get your server connections sorted it won't matter.

You guys really should release a pay 2 play offline version that the resulting characters can't interact with any live realm.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info