[2.3]Dela's Obliterate Build CHEAP & FAST clears 200% life UPDATED

i wouldn't take ele anymore.
With deadeye or assassin you should have at least 3k @ 70 or 5-7k if you changed to crit aldy.

Nerf is still 35% outside of solo target but you can still get over 300k with posion.

With the new flask (aoe +2 project) KB still the king on map clearing but you can't kill anything with KB anymore outside of wall or adds.
Last edited by Velgor on Sep 5, 2016, 2:04:58 PM
Yeah, that's what I feared for how long it takes to kill bosses. Being a newbie I kind of hoped I could still save my witch build after the time spent in prophecy league. I thought about using Bear Trap instead of Frostwall and keep using Bladefall but I guess is time to start another build in Essence and use this one for farming. A pity being such a fun build with those chain explosions. :)
Any suggestions for a 4L setup for single target damage (for bosskills)?
"
diamin15 wrote:
Any suggestions for a 4L setup for single target damage (for bosskills)?

better switch out the kb and gmp gems with frenzy/barrage and something like crit multi or just try to lure the smaller and medium bosses to wall with decoy totem.

I would have something around 200k+ swapping to frenzy, still ok for half of the bosses i guess..
There is some updates in 2.4?
doh! This build looked fun but looks like it got nerfed hard? Maybe still viable with some changes? Would the Ranger variation be the way to go now?
Last edited by Adzuki on Sep 11, 2016, 2:52:31 AM
I've tried to continue on with this build in 2.4.

As we all know, Frost Wall doesn't shotgun our single target damage and it really leaves a huge hole in the build now.

I've tried a few things to recoup at least a little bit of single target damage to no real avail. Although I've played for quite some time, I can't say I've ever built awesome characters. I generally just use build guides like this one.

I'm using Wither at the moment to try and help the single target damage. It's not great by any means, but it helps a little bit more than nothing. I find there's some map bosses that melt pretty quick with Kinetic Blast, especially if you can corner them in such a way where all of the projectiles are hitting, or, you can group up mobs on top of the boss and use the explosions to help the DPS.

But there's some bosses that are just tedious to kill. Like the archer Skeleton that splits into 3 or 4 images.. PITA.

I tried flame totem to help out and it was pretty meh. Obviously nothing really to help it much in our tree. I tried CoC with Ice Spear and Fireball. Again, bit of a waste since we are going for Poison/Chaos damage.

The best skill I've found so far for single target damage is Patience. /kappa

I know Frost Wall had to be nerfed but damn.. it really turned KB builds into struggle town. The AOE is fine, that's never been a problem. But single target.. yikes.
yeah that's what i've been reading :( sorry to hear, but thanks for the feedback!
Still persisting with the build but I'm going to roll another character soon.

Using power and frenzy charges to boost my DPS along with Haste aura and getting about 5.8k on KB. I don't know how that's calculated.. is it per projectile or total?

Still haven't completed Merc Lab which is next on the list. Will be interesting to see if the next 2 points in Assassin make much of a difference. Still only L75 so a while to go yet but I probably won't stick with it until 80.

Currently pretty low on HP. Think I'm still under 3k HP so often get one shot by a boss. I just can't justify losing all of the damage for some life. I clear maps pretty quickly with only the boss taking a bit longer to kill. I'm going to just use this character for gear farming for something else I think.
As a follow-up to the single target problem, I find that linking Blade Vortex with a conc. effect, controlled destruction, and spell echo works great; the extra chaos damage from 2x Obliterations apply to BV, so it's a good synergy. The only problem would be having to stand in melee range.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info