[2.3] CoC Cyclone Discharge Trickster! HC/Level 100 Viable!

Sigh.

I dont get why this build needs to be nerfed, I really dont.

Its extremely powerful, but its not *all* powerful by any means. Its a fiddly, semi-expensive build that has very direct strengths and very direct weaknesses.

Dont get me wrong, Ive run maps with others and I just blow past them, I can more or less just leave them to hoover up loot while I spin from one end to the next but there are builds that absolutely keep up with me just fine.

I made a Chin Sol trapper at the beginning of this league and for less than 10c the entire character was mostly done and it could compete with my Discharger and BEAT it in a handful of ways. 10 chaos, every item I needed, essentially running off a 4Link (trapper boots). I ran maps up to t13 (was too cheap to buy any better and stopped playing before ever getting a better drop). The clear speed was almost on par with discharge when I ran a second linked trap. Mobility was arguably better in terms of raw movement speed, blah blah, and I had about 1/6th-1/8th the currency invested in the ENTIRE character than I do in any ONE peice of my discharge gear. Hell, ONE of my discharger's jewels is 4-5x more expensive than the entire trapper. Any bow build with good dodge and such, played well is very hard to kill. Any map mod, so on and so on.

I just dont get it. The build is 'bleh' without a Volls (I played it for a couple weeks before getting one and wasn't terribly impressed) and that amulet being somewhat of a hurdle already makes the build require dedication on the part of the player... and really, what is the issue? We dont have raiding or something where you wont get taken along because you arent running an OP build, so its not an issue there.. If your group has a discharger, that just means you have a strong, quick way to clear maps, so it should be a bonus. Is it just whining? Player's play a build they enjoy and since its not as 'good' as some other build, they demand that other build nerfed?

Its whatever I guess. Ive made and mostly completed one now, and I almost never re-roll the same character on a new league, but it does bug me that there is a chance that the - for me - monumental effort Ive put in to getting this gear and building this character is potentially going to be destroyed. I am holding out hope that if they nerf it, its a reasonable nerf and the build is still playable, but I doubt it.. GGG have a tendency to completely gut things and leave them useless.

I mean, why not just do something like add an additional map mod that massively reduces the chance to crit on mobs or something? That goes a ways to balance us just by introducing a mod we cant run.

Bah.
This is my set-up after 2 months of playing; able to carry through uber lab and twinned T14 & T15 maps. It's sad they are going to nerf the build; it's so fun to play it :( P.S I know I have to replace the cold from 1 ring with something more useful ... and also the enc on helm( work in progress :D )
Personally im hoping for about a 0.1s (from 0.05) cast delay on coc with 100% proc chance if you land a crit, that would still be a pretty large nerf but it would make leech more reliable etc and reduce the load on ggg's servers substantially. Can only wait and see, knowing ggg's history on nerfs isnt great.
Last edited by Fhark on Aug 23, 2016, 4:56:55 PM
Where exactly did GGG say that CoC will be nerfed?
Do you really think they will nerf it into oblivion? As I see it, there are MUCH more problematic builds.
"
Where exactly did GGG say that CoC will be nerfed?
Do you really think they will nerf it into oblivion? As I see it, there are MUCH more problematic builds.

What builds do you have in mind?
Last edited by Chromist on Jun 14, 2018, 8:45:17 PM
This build no longer viable in new 2.4 with that .5second cooldown and less damage from discharge. :(
If I go first, I'll wait for you in the other side of the dark water.
It was good build ! RIP!
v1tAm1n^
build is def R.I.P back to bow i guess ;-(
IGN ARROWUPYOURAZZ
RIP.
Spoiler

TRASH NOW.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info