[2.2] [Berserker/Deadeye] Life Voltaxic Spark - No Crit - BloodMagic - VaalPact - 80k DPS!

"
Makiabel wrote:

So the questions would be, if I were to make the switch, how badly would I need 6L/5L Lightning coil AND 6L Voltaxic? Could I still run it with my current chest? Would you suggest just picking up a mana flask like Zerphi's last breath and call it a day?

I've been playing a modified ZiggyD's build for quite a while, and have been cruising through mid-tier maps recently with a Tabula (5.5K life at level 88). I forego any mana nodes and just use two mana flasks, one of which is Zerphi's. I do not use Clarity, and reserve 25% mana via HoT. There is this stigma against mana flasks, but if using one can save you on passives by not having to invest in mana nodes, and save you from having to reserve mana for Clarity, AND allow you to take full advantage of the massive heals from Zerphi's, I think losing one flask slot is a fair trade-off.

I think it is very important to boost your dps as much as possible with one 6L, grab more health nodes to reduce the chances of getting one-shot, and use Zerphi's for massive heals - you can get over 2.5K heals per second, and the Immortal Call + CWDT combo will buy you enough time to heal to full health. However, since you can off-screen kill most bosses anyways (at least on mid-tier maps), it's not as if you even need to rely on your defensive measures all too often.

Last edited by DicemanX on Apr 13, 2016, 6:50:19 AM
I made it to 89 in phc before i ripped to corpse explosion, lot of fun, im actually continuing to play my guy in sc. I generally stay away from fotm but meh its a lot of fun, I even went double fotm for a while and wore a veil lol.

Ignore bow gems was just testing it out.

I do feel running dual curses is worth it , warlords works best off a curse on hit, and having a blasphemy second curse is nice. I run temp chains now because I ripped but i was running enfeeble in hc just as an extra layer of defense (if anything does get close enough to hit you added chance for them to miss\not crit and if they do hit you its less damage). I tried using veil and warlords\enfeeble as aura's but you really would want to use increased aoe because of your range for warlords and that reserves too much mana so I went back to warlords curse on hit and one blasphemy additional curse.
Whatever army I have, I'll lead against them...
...until I've won or I'm dead.
• Level 38 VS The World • https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1929461
• Crafting Service • https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2451155
Last edited by colwyn on Apr 13, 2016, 7:09:12 AM
"
snakzz wrote:
Here has his "final" tree with 12 points left tho.

Yeah but if you used his tree and went for 100 you'd want the Purity of Flesh cluster and Method to the Madness that's why I compared it with and without those nodes.

"
Jerle wrote:
Build is certainly strong and can clear many map mods including bm. But move speed seems terrible especially if one uses wind of change. How much move speed do you guys have on this build? Compared to voltaxic LA (which takes quite a few movement nodes) it's feels quite sluggish in running thru maps.

We get 10% movement speed from the tree which takes care of the penalty from Winds of Change. Then with 30% movement speed from boots -4% from wearing Lightning Coil means we're at 26% movement speed unless I'm missing something. Could be faster but I wouldn't go out of my way for movement speed nodes.

Patch confirms Lightning Golem so I might make room for it on my build and see how it goes.
Last edited by deadlul on Apr 13, 2016, 7:58:25 AM
I have about 22% movespeed but my boots aren't capped out on ms. So sounds about right. This puts me in a dilemma. I like how spark clears maps cleanly. But the build simply doesn't move as fast as my voltaxic LA (55% ms). Decisions. Decisions. :(
IGN: JerleNecroDD/JerleNecroRuthless
Harvest is the BEST league EVER. Deterministic crafting ftw.
How will POE2 and POE coexist?
This is my variation to this build and I'm asking for suggestions, if I go yolo and buy regrets to respec to bm version or not, atm my mana pool is ok, running vaal clarity too which is awesome.
Few things to ask, atm i'm sitting at :
4.7k hp ,
4100 evasion rating,
30% chance to evade,
40% chance to dodge,
30% chance to dodge spells

My spark dps is 19.766 with herald of lightning and wrath without any charges in hideout.
My spark dis is 43.800 with hearld of lightning and wrath , 6 frenzy charges, 3 power charges, ele overload.

Will BM version be more tankier then what I currently use? and maybe more dps? if so ill gladly switch :D.

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAABAADBAO4D7gSzBS0QYhUgGbQaOBzcHb4i4iP2JJ0k2CcvKPoqTSzpLYMwcTB8MtEzhzWSOkI62DrhPs8_J0GHQzFFR0WdR-JKyEt4TZJRR1NSVkhZbVoaWlJfmGJaZU1mVG5pbqp07XXLe257w311gpuCx4RThW2Fe4azhweNfY1-jb-PGpBVlyGaO5rgm12iAKOKpDmmV6cIqJq18rc-uJO74702vea-p8BmwXzDM8SizZjPMtN-1CPVgdWm1fjYJNi92sHdqOFz6mLr7uw47TzuDu967_3yRfKX9qP56P4K_ro=?accountName=maddoxeu&characterName=MaddSpanker

My gear

Last edited by maddoxeu on Apr 13, 2016, 2:57:22 PM
maybe a dumb question but, how does wrath dont reserv life with BM?

thanks in advance! i really enjoy the build!

its the ring...ok :D

is it possible to change colours on it?
Last edited by besastian on Apr 13, 2016, 1:40:49 PM
"
Jerle wrote:
I have about 22% movespeed but my boots aren't capped out on ms. So sounds about right. This puts me in a dilemma. I like how spark clears maps cleanly. But the build simply doesn't move as fast as my voltaxic LA (55% ms). Decisions. Decisions. :(

You could run haste in essence worm instead for a bit more speed, or run double essence worms if you can afford the resists. Actually, if I didn't mind the resists I would probably use the one essence worm with haste and then use seven league step boots and fly like the wind.
Last edited by Zenzen on Apr 13, 2016, 2:54:17 PM
"
maddoxeu wrote:
This is my variation to this build and I'm asking for suggestions, if I go yolo and buy regrets to respec to bm version or not, atm my mana pool is ok, running vaal clarity too which is awesome.
Few things to ask, atm i'm sitting at :
4.7k hp ,
4100 evasion rating,
30% chance to evade,
40% chance to dodge,
30% chance to dodge spells

My spark dps is 19.766 with herald of lightning and wrath without any charges in hideout.
My spark dis is 43.800 with hearld of lightning and wrath , 6 frenzy charges, 3 power charges, ele overload.

Will BM version be more tankier then what I currently use? and maybe more dps? if so ill gladly switch :D.

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAABAADBAO4D7gSzBS0QYhUgGbQaOBzcHb4i4iP2JJ0k2CcvKPoqTSzpLYMwcTB8MtEzhzWSOkI62DrhPs8_J0GHQzFFR0WdR-JKyEt4TZJRR1NSVkhZbVoaWlJfmGJaZU1mVG5pbqp07XXLe257w311gpuCx4RThW2Fe4azhweNfY1-jb-PGpBVlyGaO5rgm12iAKOKpDmmV6cIqJq18rc-uJO74702vea-p8BmwXzDM8SizZjPMtN-1CPVgdWm1fjYJNi92sHdqOFz6mLr7uw47TzuDu967_3yRfKX9qP56P4K_ro=?accountName=maddoxeu&characterName=MaddSpanker

My gear

You have more effective life with Acrobatics/Phase Acrobatics and Lightning Coil than I do with higher life and Lightning Coil so you'll lose some tankiness.

However it seems your damage will increase by a lot. My 6L Spark dps with Wrath, 5 Frenzy charges, and Elemental Overload is 65.7k which is about 22k more dps than yours. It's probably worth the loss in effective HP if you're just running Gorge/Plateau/etc.

"
besastian wrote:
maybe a dumb question but, how does wrath dont reserv life with BM?

thanks in advance! i really enjoy the build!

its the ring...ok :D

is it possible to change colours on it?

Glad you enjoy the build. Yes you can change the colors in Essence Worm using Chromatics.

"
Zenzen wrote:
"
Jerle wrote:

You could run haste in essence worm instead for a bit more speed, or run double essence worms if you can afford the resists. Actually, if I didn't mind the resists I would probably use the one essence worm with haste and then use seven league step boots and fly like the wind.

If all you're running are Gorge/Plateau/open layout maps then I would switch into Seven-League boots without even caring about the resistance loss. You'll almost never get hit in open maps where your Sparks will always kill a screen ahead of you. As long as your physical damage mitigation remains the same and you're carrying a Topaz flask to make up for the lightning resistance loss then you should be fine in those maps even against Devourers/Porcupines.

Update to the build/guide:

Since realizing Controlled Destruction was the best 6th link I made a small change to the skill tree. I refunded a duration node cluster, freeing up 4 points. I also refunded a 5% life node from the Templar side of the tree. I used those 5 points to grab Trickery to help a bit with proccing Elemental Overload and used the remaining 4 to grab Sniper and Nullification. The last 10 nodes are still the same so the only change is a loss in 45% skill duration and +30% projectile damage, 8% all res, 20% elemental damage, and 20% crit chance. The loss in duration is equal to ~3 seconds for Vaal Grace/Haste which is worth it imo.

I also finally got my gems to 20% quality. I updated the main post with pictures showing the newest damage values. I corrupted my gems after taking the pictures because I didn't want to pad my dps with a level 21 gem or a 23% quality gem. We are capable of reaching 80k dps with max charges, Elemental Overload, and Vaal Haste up! More often we'll be at 65.7k dps though with just Elemental Overload and max charges.

I will more than likely stop here at level 92. My next upgrades would be spending stacks of chaos or exalts on small increases in stats. Since the next levels will just give me damage nodes I'm not too crazy about leveling up. Also I play solo so it gets extremely boring after about an hour of playing. I guess I'm just burned out for the rest of the league.

Feel free to use Lightning Golem in the build. The cast speed is nice and the aura it gives should be nice too. I'll keep answering questions and doing my best to help here.
Last edited by deadlul on Apr 13, 2016, 3:16:51 PM
"
colwyn wrote:

I do feel running dual curses is worth it , warlords works best off a curse on hit, and having a blasphemy second curse is nice. I run temp chains now because I ripped but i was running enfeeble in hc just as an extra layer of defense (if anything does get close enough to hit you added chance for them to miss\not crit and if they do hit you its less damage). I tried using veil and warlords\enfeeble as aura's but you really would want to use increased aoe because of your range for warlords and that reserves too much mana so I went back to warlords curse on hit and one blasphemy additional curse.

You sure about that?

I feel like warlords work way better with blashphemy.

I use 4 L
Blasph - Warlords - Temp chains - Heralds, works wonders.
"
snakzz wrote:
"
colwyn wrote:

You sure about that?

I feel like warlords work way better with blashphemy.

I use 4 L
Blasph - Warlords - Temp chains - Heralds, works wonders.

I played with both curses on blasphemy for a while using the veil helm that has blasphemy built in, it was ok but I wanted to use increased AOE with it and for me that reserved too much mana. Because a lot of the time we are killing stuff outside the range of our blasphemy I chose to put warlords back on curse on hit.

In the case that a pack does a bunch of damage to you outside the blasphemy curse range you loose all of the benefit of warlords , im also not blood magic so on top of the health and charge generation the loss of mana sucked. We just kill 80-90% of stuff outside the range of blasphemy so i decided to put it back on curse on hit. Both work though
Whatever army I have, I'll lead against them...
...until I've won or I'm dead.
• Level 38 VS The World • https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1929461
• Crafting Service • https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2451155

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info