[2.4 VIDEO] #1 Pathfinder PHC - Blade Vortex flask build. Uber atziri video. Easy lvling

"
Unspec wrote:
"
GreyGoose wrote:
Yo,

You went with armor gear but wrote somewhere that maybe it would be better to go evasion. What's the pro and cons, what's better for this build?

The build doesn't really use both, since it doesn't stack a lot of either, but due to pathing, picks up a few % evasion nodes, so its probably better to just go evasion so you get some scaling out of it. The build more relies on flasks and leeching as its defense mechanism.

And the pros and cons are the same for any armor or evasion spec. Armor mitigates multiple small hits well but isn't as effective against singular big hits, evasion is bad against a lot of hits due to the entropy mechanic, but is better against big hits, since it can dodge it all together.

Going eva/armor gear mixed would be the worst?
for people talking about Fortify Buff.
I'm using Vigilante Strike! (I know! I'm crazy... hahaha)
But the idea is more like... 80%- to hit.. sometimes is just bad >.< Vigilant is 100% XD
and also less sockets.. (if u dont use faster attacks) for more... idk... cwdt? hahah

the con is sloooowpoke atk speed... and having to spend end charges if u miss the click on a fast mob.. (not at all a problem..)

just wanted to say my thoughts about Fortify
and also i'm having a good time with this build! thanks a lot for the idea!
I did a similar build to yours and its awesome, but RIP thorns...
i have a question about the gem support Controlled Destruction, is it a good choice in a critic build ?
i'm trying with Blade vortex - Spell Echo - Faster Casting - Increase AoE - Concentrated AoE
Hi im actually running this build in prophecy and im lvl 86 i want if its possible some advice.
What should i buy now? Rathpith? ToH? Vessel?
Im running 2 differents setups that your build and work very fine for me and maybe can be help for someone:

Blasphemy-Warlord's mark-BV-Power charge on crit
CwT-Blade Vortex-Power charge on crit-immortal call

Thanks in advance for your help ¨¨

My
Last edited by Milanga_Sambuich on Jun 9, 2016, 10:25:35 AM
"
GreyGoose wrote:
"
Unspec wrote:
"
GreyGoose wrote:
Yo,

You went with armor gear but wrote somewhere that maybe it would be better to go evasion. What's the pro and cons, what's better for this build?

The build doesn't really use both, since it doesn't stack a lot of either, but due to pathing, picks up a few % evasion nodes, so its probably better to just go evasion so you get some scaling out of it. The build more relies on flasks and leeching as its defense mechanism.

And the pros and cons are the same for any armor or evasion spec. Armor mitigates multiple small hits well but isn't as effective against singular big hits, evasion is bad against a lot of hits due to the entropy mechanic, but is better against big hits, since it can dodge it all together.

Going eva/armor gear mixed would be the worst?

Yep, since you don't get a lot of either. I would pick up a pure armor piece somewhere, probably boots, simply for the ease of coloring for cwdt.

"
finchie wrote:
i have a question about the gem support Controlled Destruction, is it a good choice in a critic build ?
i'm trying with Blade vortex - Spell Echo - Faster Casting - Increase AoE - Concentrated AoE

Yes, the critical strike reduction isn't too bad, and it gives a ton of dps. If I take out the support gem, I go from 26.46% crit chance to 32.46%, but my dps goes down to 5k, from 6.7k. That's without any charges, and with only hatred. And I'm assuming you're using BV in a 4 link, and swapping out increased aoe for conc effect for bosses? Because if you're using both at once in a 5 link, that's a pretty huge waste. You lower your clear speed a lot, and conc effect is only needed if you want to melt a boss.
"
Hi im actually running this build in prophecy and im lvl 86 i want if its possible some advice.
What should i buy now? Rathpith? ToH? Vessel?
Im running 2 differents setups that your build and work very fine for me and maybe can be help for someone:

Blasphemy-Warlord's mark-BV-Power charge on crit
CwT-Blade Vortex-Power charge on crit-immortal call

Thanks in advance for your help ¨¨

My

I would go for a vessel, mostly because its cheaper than ToH and you'll need the leech soon, since curse effectiveness will start messing with your leech against bosses soon.
Awesome build. Started with it in Prophecy and it just rocks.
Deathless Atziri without much problems.
Engame-Lab is only hard because of the traps :D I can facetank Izaro.

My current gear:
Spoiler

~5k HP
~ 1,5k Mana

My thoughts on the build: take the "Harrier" skillnode near Scion start. No idea why it is missing in the linked skilltree.
Get the atziri flask ASAP. ~3c or less for ~20% extra chaos damage + lifeleech from it. Next important flask is Rumi's. Combined with a Basalt flask you are close to immortal. Haven't tried the Vessel jet.
Time for my post of how the build is going so far this season.

Started off with an early death at 70 to molten shell totems (Thanks Tora!), rerolled the build again because of how well it worked last season.

Currently up to 88 on PHC and going incredibly strong!

Current gear:

Flasks:

Next upgrade is more than likely ToH as Rathpith is now incredibly desired for pizzablast and costs about the same :( Other than that I feel like it's looking pretty decent for early season gear. Let me know if you feel like something else is more of a priority!

I have had to switch to 3 seething flasks for map trials, but maybe that's just me being bad at a couple of them, those things are insane compared to regular merc lab where you can just WB through everything :(

The only time I've been close to dying has been merc shavronne, which I probably should've left alone for now but eh, I had a prophecy for her :( (That was before I got vessel of vinktar, smart.)

All in all it's doing great this season and hopefully will get me past the 93 I got on it last season :)
Hello,
I wanted to try a pathfinder for very long and found your build very interesting.
My question is how do you feel about the new master alchemist node?
Is it as sttrong as master surgeon or worse?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info