[2.4 VIDEO] #1 Pathfinder PHC - Blade Vortex flask build. Uber atziri video. Easy lvling

So I've been trying out this build, I've got everything so far. Vinktar's, ToH, Rumi's, etc.

My problem is however, that this whirling blades speed is absolutely atrocious, I even picked up Harrier. I have to switch out Vinktar's for a Quicksilver and put on MS boots to do easier maps faster. For higher, more difficult maps, I switch back to Vinktar's and my other boots, then proceed to slowly work through the map.

Any suggestions on how to go faster? Drop Divinarius for a faster dagger or a wand with cast speed and do LW/FD? Get gloves/ring with AS?

Edit: Perhaps adding Jewels with AS+CS/Life, 20% quality level 20 faster attacks?
Last edited by MaxHaxx on Jun 10, 2016, 6:28:28 PM
i used to utilise fidelitas sword for that purposes.

you may take divinarius to offhand.

it's easier maps anyway.
No rest for the wicked
"
macristo wrote:
how do you level up with bladevortex, it's very weak early on

I leveled with Bladefall Mines (grabbed the mine nodes to the right of the ES wheel), was really easy, safe, and fast. Was using a Tabula though. Switched to BV after I got enough area nodes (around lvl 55?), but could've switched after getting templar area nodes + the duration nodes.

"
MaxHaxx wrote:

Any suggestions on how to go faster? Drop Divinarius for a faster dagger or a wand with cast speed and do LW/FD? Get gloves/ring with AS?

LW is really bad since we get increased skill duration nodes. I want to see if Shield Charge might be good. Good AoE means it's easier to get fortify, has a shorter cast time, just not sure if it's faster. Can't be used with wands though. Anyone with Divinarius can test?
IGN: EchelonTL, neophyte
Guild: Team Liquid
This looks awesome. How button spammy is it, ASIDE from the potions?

Also, should I use a tabula, or a 5l jack? (I can resist cap with tabula just fine)
What's more valuable, lvl 21/0 quality BV, or 20/20 BV?

Also I tested Shield Charge vs WB, I think WB is still better. Aside from speed, one big thing is that if you click outside the max range for WB, it will still trigger, while if you do the same with Shield Charge your character walks until it's in range, then it uses the skill. So in a twitch moment when you have to dodge something, shield charge could fck up.
Last edited by echelontee on Jun 11, 2016, 6:55:11 AM
"
echelontee wrote:

I'd level up a third BV in your swap when you pick up your 2 BVs, that way you can quality that once it gets to 20 and vaal it at 20/20 without having to decide if you want to go for the level or the quality, it's what I always do.
"
echelontee wrote:

Also I tested Shield Charge vs WB, I think WB is still better. Aside from speed, one big thing is that if you click outside the max range for WB, it will still trigger, while if you do the same with Shield Charge your character walks until it's in range, then it uses the skill. So in a twitch moment when you have to dodge something, shield charge could fck up.

Do not click at max range for wb. You drastically reduce its speed. Hold the mouse cursor about 1 inch away from your character, it will decrease the lag time between whirls.

Edit: And another reason WB is better is that it goes through packs, while shield charge is blocked by packs, so could mess you up real bad if you're trying to get away from bearers and the like
Last edited by Unspec on Jun 11, 2016, 12:16:11 PM
"
MaxHaxx wrote:
So I've been trying out this build, I've got everything so far. Vinktar's, ToH, Rumi's, etc.

My problem is however, that this whirling blades speed is absolutely atrocious, I even picked up Harrier. I have to switch out Vinktar's for a Quicksilver and put on MS boots to do easier maps faster. For higher, more difficult maps, I switch back to Vinktar's and my other boots, then proceed to slowly work through the map.

Edit: Perhaps adding Jewels with AS+CS/Life, 20% quality level 20 faster attacks?

Use vaal haste and get 16% inc attack and cast speed after kill on boots, it's ridiculous. Uber lab with this build is a cake walk and boot enchants are relatively easy to get, it's definitely worth it.
"
Noitee wrote:
"
echelontee wrote:

I'd level up a third BV in your swap when you pick up your 2 BVs, that way you can quality that once it gets to 20 and vaal it at 20/20 without having to decide if you want to go for the level or the quality, it's what I always do.

leveling up like 4-5 extra BV, hope it works out.

What's quality priority for gems? BV > WB+FA > ???
Decided to reroll as this on PHC, currently 74. Amazing against most things, but some spellcasters tear through me very quickly. Even Thunderskull on a T2 Cemetary is extremely dangerous. Phys mobs do absolutely nothing to me, though!

Any idea on how to fix the magic damage issue, aside from the 3 expensive unique flasks? (Going to ditch the Titicus' Span shortly)

My gear:

Spoiler

Last edited by Glick on Jun 11, 2016, 3:15:27 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info