2.2 Elementalist Ice nova. Insane clear speed, AoE, and damage. Super cheap

Hi,
I am quite new to the game and started this build to test.
I just traded a bitterdream with 3 link B-B-B for 1 alchemy.
Here it is :

First I don't understand one of the commentary in the first page :
"
jugglereli wrote:
"
antheras wrote:

Got this on the 16th attempt. 9 link skill... that's crazy.
[...]

What is 9 link ? The mace can only have 3 links right ?
Also do I need to corrupt my mace if it has already 3 B-B-B link and what modifiers must I search ?
EDIT AH ok the corrupt modifier is socket is supported by level 10 faster cast, right ?
SO it replaces the 22% increased elemental damage ?
Last edited by okami29 on Aug 25, 2016, 4:33:29 AM
^9 link because you have 6 more supported skills on the scepter.
EDIT :ok just saw the bandits :
"
Normal = Kill all
Cruel = Help Alira (I accidentally killed her :/ tssk tssk, but Kill all isn't much worse)
Merciless = Help Kraityn
Last edited by okami29 on Aug 26, 2016, 5:58:24 AM
I am also trying this build, lvl 69 atm. I am dying a lot in Merciless Act 3 when some hero mobs appear so for now I have switched to Glacial Cascade until I can get my resistances near 75% and my chaos resistance above -40% :D

Also I have been testing this with Vortex instead of Ice Nova, seems they got similar cast speed and AoE but Vortex has better base damage and lower base mana cost.

I need to add that I got both Ice Spear and Frost Bomb set as Cast when Damage Taken and I am not sure it is worth it. They don't fire that often and not always vs targets I want them to (Frost Bomb is the one that is worth more here).

But Cast Curse on Hit together with HoI and FrostBite seems useless. Frostbite only activates on enemy that were outside range of Nova that didn't get killed in 1-2 seconds and it will never activate on targets you need it on like Heroes and Uniques.

Does anyone have an ideas for an alternative? Maybe Cast on Damage Taken together with some Totem that will curse over and over?

Last edited by Torin on Sep 1, 2016, 4:07:27 PM
Same here, I have a level 69 elementalist and use Glacial cascade to level up for now.
I didn't try vortex yet.
When you say Vortex deals the same damage as Ice nova, is it with the 3 seconds Dot ?
Also does Vortex Dot stack if casted in the same spot ?
As you can see in the video he casts maybe 3-5 spell to kill a pack of mobs, so I am not sure it can be switched.

Also at level 69 I have a hard time leveling, I kill fast but I am neraly 1 hit or 2 hit killed because I did not take the right begining nodes for Energy shield and have negative resistances, I need to improve my gear.
Hi, i am playing a lvl 74 EssHC variant of a similar ice nova build with bigger focus on curses and different weapons and was wondering if i should switch to bitterdream or something else. I've never even considered that sceptre due to low level of supportive effects, especially compared to importance of gem level for spells (+2/3 on rare sceptre). I see that pretty much everybody in this thread is using it tho.
this is my current setup:

Spoiler

I liked singularity so far because im usually flame dashing into monster packs and spamming ice nova right on top of them, though i also seem to kill most of them far outside of the hindered range.. so not sure if its actually worth it. It's certainly nice for single target, spamming freezing pulse point blank.
Other sceptre is just some spelldmg and skillgem+2 rare.
My tooltip dps is ice nova at around 15k and FP at 27k, but im clearing low tier maps pretty fast (just started mapping). I would like to up my defenses and not lose much damage to push higher maps, probably switching to shield and wand or something like that..
Maybe someone here can help me with a possible BiS weapon for ice nova, or just general gear improvement. I am still pretty new and hardly know any items/uniques.. I appreciate any suggestions!
Does the new 2.4 patch shaper of desolation nerfed this build or is it still able to clear T12 maps fast ?
Thanks
TELL ME PLS, is this build actual for now in 2.4 and the main question...

i cant realise how do u use all the gems and stuff with str dex req's with only around 60 in skill tree and +18 with jewelry?

im like a beginner with this question but please can u explain?
"
H3avyM3tal wrote:
^9 link because you have 6 more supported skills on the scepter.

7 skills so it's a 10-link not 9-link :)

Does this build still work after conflux nerf?
Have you considered using http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Rathpith_Globe as offhand?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info