2.2 Elementalist Ice nova. Insane clear speed, AoE, and damage. Super cheap

"
jugglereli wrote:

I think I got mine on the 9th corruption.

You lucky bastard! I'm currently 27 Bitterdreams in, still no faster casting supp -____-
a little English sorry

I am fun. good build.Thanks.
next season i am your build too!!
Thanks for the build!

I love it, just started and already blasting through.

Some advice for those just starting, Freeze Pulse is a GREAT leveling skill for this build.

I'm doing wayy more damage at this point with Freeze Pulse, waiting to switch over to nova when I can get echo and Bitter :)

I always love it when people have well written guides that don't use a ridiculous amount of acronyms and veteran lingo, I feel like most people look up builds in the first place because they aren't as familiar with the game.

Thanks again, solid build!
Does cold damage % or Adds x-xx Cold damage, elemental damage, or just plain spell damage scale best for this considering passives and Elementalist class?

Also, unless i'm ice smashing a large pack of mobs I have mana issues on the single target typically always have a mana pot up and going in most situations outta habit at this point.

Great guide, lots of flexibility...currently running a eshield and gonna try duel wielding soon as I swap some gear and stats around. I love the extra cushion with the eshield. I have mixed and matched on the skill tree and still dont have my gems in the tree...im running one and its not listed in the guide...also since i've been doing eshield I skipped the dual wielding loop "Dark Arts" at the top under the big cold damage loops for now.

This is a great build...I havent played the game since Rampage league a WHILE back. This build let me hop in and get it done...and cheap! Gotta love that!
Last edited by Zombius on May 13, 2016, 7:36:44 PM
I'm looking to try this build in 2.3, but I'm curious why the 100pt build takes Lightning Walker - you don't seem to have anything lightning other than Herald of Thunder, which doesn't seem worth it. Or is it just for the resists?
I try this build when 2.3 hits on new Prophecy league... but I go crit for sure and use frostbolt and vortex with ice nova synergy :)

great guide man! I follow 80% of this for sure :D

my theorycraft for new frostbolt vortex ice nova crit build max aoe

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAMAAAVCBx4PxBBYEQ8RLRSwFm8XLxdUGF0abBzcIoEkqiycMjQ26TeBOw07fDwFPO89X0GWRKtHBklRSbFMLUyzUXRSU1KyU9RVrlXWVkpirGSdZOdmVGjybAhsjHyDf8aApIIQgh6Cm4V7iEKNgo48jumPGo-mj_qTJ5UElS6XlZf0mjudqp2unqGfAZ_fogCio6aZpwit8a6zr5u0xbjKuZPAZsHFwfPDCdAf0NDQ9dHk1abXz9vn37Dhc-NW42rkIuTr6-7r9ewY7DjtPO9874jv6_DV8YryHfk3-tI=

please comment what you think about my idea
▒█▀▀█ █▀▀█ █▀▀ █▀▀ █▀▀   ▒█▀▄▀█ G O O D MTX Seal of Quality
▒█▄▄█ █▄▄▀ █▀▀ ▀▀█ ▀▀█   ▒█▒█▒█ O Verified by M-posting, Inc.
▒█░░░ ▀░▀▀ ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀   ▒█░░▒█ Y
i just reached merciless and am dying a lot. First i thought, ok just farm ledge until it gets better but now i am dying there too. I am level 57 atm and everything is good as long i am able to freeze everything but you konw how it is. As soon as i start taking 1-3 hits i die faster than i can hammer my flasks

I guess my gear is not good enough? How much ES do i need at this stage of game? And is ES everything i need or do i need life as well?

current stats:
Life 1163
ES 442
"
i just reached merciless and am dying a lot. First i thought, ok just farm ledge until it gets better but now i am dying there too. I am level 57 atm and everything is good as long i am able to freeze everything but you konw how it is. As soon as i start taking 1-3 hits i die faster than i can hammer my flasks

I guess my gear is not good enough? How much ES do i need at this stage of game? And is ES everything i need or do i need life as well?

current stats:
Life 1163
ES 442

Your health is waaaay too low.

I would try to have at least 3k hp in Merciless. Probably more if hybrid.

I haven't ran this Bitterdream ice nova build, but this is how I would run it:

Tree

The tree focuses on life instead of ES. You need as much life on gear as possible.

I would run 2 curses, Frostbite and Temporal Chains. You may want to include Warlord's mark in there for leech instead of Temp Chains if you prefer.

For easy maps you can run Frostbite aura through blasphemy, with Temporal Chains linked with Herald of Ice + Curse on Hit, or you can run Temporal Chains in Blasphemy with Frostbite Curse on Hit Herald of Ice, this setup is much more defensive but less offensive.

IGN: EmptyPalms
What's the advantage of using Bitterdream over, say, a four link with higher level gems? I realize that a lot of the supports in Bitterdream don't really have an effect on the tooltip, but a 70 mana spell at level 40 is pretty steep and the tooltip for Nova - Faster Casting - Spell Echo - Controlled Destruction is like 40% higher damage and a little more than half the cost.

I'm not trying to start an argument, I'm asking out of sincere curiosity because I've only manage to get to maps once and I assume you'd be able to answer the question more accurately than my supposition.
Highest Character: Level 92 86% Block/Static Strike Champion - Abyss League
I get bored of the grind around 90, probably won't ever get a higher character.
Tried to link innervate to herald of frost, it triggers surprisingly reliably! It is a thing to try out :)
Bravery is not a function of firepower.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info