[2.3]FoxTactics Hellfire Arc build [Full conversion fire arc] Vaal righteous fire one shot

awesome man really nice concept! The fire conversion is just so beautiful :D i really wanna try this, it looks so colorful (and its very nice atm because most time we see purple chaos stuff :D)

have you considered using a rare Sai/Dagger with spelldamage/fire damage, crafted fireleech or crafted DoT? it will be a bit less damage than doryani, but you'd gain extra defense from block, and most important the ability to whirl+fortify... atm this is too good to pass by atm.. lightning warp doesnt seem like its good these days ...
RIP King of the Forest view-thread/1738625
Looks like an awesome build for end game. Is this very easy to level? Also when did you take the avatar of fire keystone?
Last edited by DaBoss222 on Apr 6, 2016, 11:44:42 AM
Love this concept. Arc is my favorite spell and this conversion + the elementlaist tree fixes every issue I had with it.
I decided to go the CI path with my build but am transitioning to LL as soon as the funds are available. With bloodmagic I should be able to pick up lightning herald + discipline as well as dual curse auras via mana... possibly something else too but we'll see. I'm looking forward to seeing what I can one shot with a 14k ES while vaal discipline is running :P.
Am also experimenting with the emberwake ring.. not sure if I like it just yet. Given enough casts or when arcing a dense pack the damage is higher than without it, but the build one shots pretty much anything as it is, unless playing with a party that is. It's a cheap ring to experiment with anyways.
Hey, maybe I'm dumb or a noob but no matter how many times I read the OP I don't fully understand a lot of what you are saying. So this is my first forum post, I'll just create an annotated version of OP and ask my questions directly. Anyone is open to respond I don't wanna take up all of OP's time.

"
Full conversion arc that still has the ability to perma shock everything

Ok makes sense, I guess arc still shocks even if its fire.

"
while double dipping into heavy duty fire damage witch makes arc basicly a splash damage attack

How does it become a splash attack? Unclear and confusing (to me).

"
where the highest arc chain proliferates the most dmg since arc has such a high range dmg

What? Proliferate means multiply, how does it multiply? What makes it do this? Okay yes lightning spells do have a large damage range. Not sure why it helps tho.

"
and the best part? Good defense vs reflect, its fire damage right? Rise of the phoenix or arctic armour now viable choices.

This is because all our dmg is fire now I think you are saying?

"
The build uses the conflux and beacon of ruin subclass passives, when the arc hits a target with conflux up its 100% ignite, shock chance which proliferates before it even starts chaining

100% ignite, shock makes sense. What do you mean proliferate (multiply) before it starts chaining? Why is this important? Not even sure what you mean.

"
then the arc chain through the pack and the highest hit from arc will proliferate the pack since arc has such a low and high range in dmg, so it works like a dmg maximizer, or splash arc.

I don't even understand this sentence well enough to ask anything about it, or why arc is splash (again).

"
The conversion system uses a tag system so the 100% fire arc is achieved through Avatar of fire + Call of the brotherhood ring + Cold to fire gem to make it 100% fire arc.

Okay I get that we are converting arc to fire. 50% from Avatar, 50% from Cold>Fire which takes 50% from ring and makes 100% fire. That makes sense.

I'll stop there for now. Note that I only ask all of these questions because I find the build to be creative and very interesting, I am on level 40 of making it, but after visiting this page and reading it once a day for a week I am beginning to think I am retarded because I still don't know what most of it means. Hope I am clear.
Hey what about atziri runs? Do you change Arc for something else?
can u show me ur ascendy class tree ? :D
Hey Myxomatosii!
From my understanding your confusion comes from the word proliferate. You should check out the gem Elemental Proliferation .
So don't read the word as multiply but as something like "spread".
Hope that clarifies things for you.

"
linhdeptrai94 wrote:
can u show me ur ascendy class tree ? :D

The Ascendancy tree is included in the normal passive tree link.
IGN: Scordalia_
"
myxomatosii wrote:
Hey, maybe I'm dumb or a noob but no matter how many times I read the OP I don't fully understand a lot of what you are saying. So this is my first forum post, I'll just create an annotated version of OP and ask my questions directly. Anyone is open to respond I don't wanna take up all of OP's time.

"
Full conversion arc that still has the ability to perma shock everything

Ok makes sense, I guess arc still shocks even if its fire.

"
while double dipping into heavy duty fire damage witch makes arc basicly a splash damage attack

How does it become a splash attack? Unclear and confusing (to me).

"
where the highest arc chain proliferates the most dmg since arc has such a high range dmg

What? Proliferate means multiply, how does it multiply? What makes it do this? Okay yes lightning spells do have a large damage range. Not sure why it helps tho.

"
and the best part? Good defense vs reflect, its fire damage right? Rise of the phoenix or arctic armour now viable choices.

This is because all our dmg is fire now I think you are saying?

"
The build uses the conflux and beacon of ruin subclass passives, when the arc hits a target with conflux up its 100% ignite, shock chance which proliferates before it even starts chaining

100% ignite, shock makes sense. What do you mean proliferate (multiply) before it starts chaining? Why is this important? Not even sure what you mean.

"
then the arc chain through the pack and the highest hit from arc will proliferate the pack since arc has such a low and high range in dmg, so it works like a dmg maximizer, or splash arc.

I don't even understand this sentence well enough to ask anything about it, or why arc is splash (again).

"
The conversion system uses a tag system so the 100% fire arc is achieved through Avatar of fire + Call of the brotherhood ring + Cold to fire gem to make it 100% fire arc.

Okay I get that we are converting arc to fire. 50% from Avatar, 50% from Cold>Fire which takes 50% from ring and makes 100% fire. That makes sense.

I'll stop there for now. Note that I only ask all of these questions because I find the build to be creative and very interesting, I am on level 40 of making it, but after visiting this page and reading it once a day for a week I am beginning to think I am retarded because I still don't know what most of it means. Hope I am clear.

Proliferate is spreading the status aliments to nearby enemies.
http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Elemental_Proliferation

In this case all three proliferate due to Elementalists ascendancy Shaper of desolation and Beaon of Ruin.

The two status ailments this build cares about is shock so enemies take more damage and burn.
Git R Dun!
This Build looks so nice.

But one question, why'd you took the Pain Attunement on the VP Tree? isn't it worthless?

I would love to see you doing a map with Lightning Warp (lvl 20 ofc) instead of Arc, just beacause. :D

█▀▀▌ █▌█▀▀▀ █▀▀▌█▄░▌
█▀▀█ █▌▀▀▀█ █░░▌█▀▌▌
█▄▄▌ █▌█▄▄█ █▄▄▌█░█▌
"
FoxTactics wrote:
"
RestInPieces wrote:
Thanks, looks like an interesting build! Any advice for HC?

Btw aren't really elementalist and light of divinity in the templar area worth their points?

Not really, maybe a few more armour nodes if anything but...You could ask Snowpuddles in earlier on page 1 in the thread, he said something about personal changes, dont know what it would be. Thats about it i guess. its pretty tanky as it is. You could squeeze a few more life nodes in guess if you want more than 7k hp.

And no i didnt find elementalist and light of divinty worth the nodes when counting per passive, there are better options due to the arcing nature of the tree.

Thank you for the insight.

If I may ask another question, because I am more or less clueless about the elementalist - what would you think about speccing into liege instead of beacon and sacrifice some clear speed or even spec into mastermind for a 20% perma penetration and skip shaper (or paragon) and beacon altogether?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info