[2.3]FoxTactics Hellfire Arc build [Full conversion fire arc] Vaal righteous fire one shot

I dare not try merciless or uber lab. Hell I don't even like fighting multiple form bosses with arc. Double boss is fine though
I'm using this currently in non-hc prophecy, have everything but doryani's and it seems to be doing awesome, only question is why pain attunement? does it's boost actually apply to vaal righteous fire?
"
baneblade93 wrote:
I'm using this currently in non-hc prophecy, have everything but doryani's and it seems to be doing awesome, only question is why pain attunement? does it's boost actually apply to vaal righteous fire?

yes
"
Aderp wrote:
"
baneblade93 wrote:

yes

That's pretty cool, thanks! even without it i'm still one-shotting as high as tier 6 maps so that makes me really excited
So a little update from my earlier post. I've made a few gear upgrades, continued to level, and the power of the build has steadily grown. I mostly fixed the problems I listed, though VRF still feels very inconsistent at the moment (maybe I'm just being dumb). My life pool swelled from about 3.6k to 4.8k. That coupled with smarter play, a sixth endurance charge, a 6L Coil and a level 10 CWDT+IC have made my survivability shoot up considerably. For anyone who's looking to try this build out or looking to improve what they've got for it, I urge you to get that 6L Coil and sixth endurance charge - they make a world of difference in mitigating those huge phys spikes.

My real concern at this juncture is getting VRF to perform consistently. It seems as though I don't always apply a huge burn even under Conflux. VRF and its supports are all level 18 at the moment. Worms from Writhing Flasks also seem to have a nerfed chance to proc Conflux or I'm just getting really unlucky.

My flasks still need some work. I still haven't done merci lab because lab makes me rage, but when I get it done it will amp up the power quite a bit more.

Last edited by ConsPark on Jun 8, 2016, 2:13:43 PM
"
ConsPark wrote:
So a little update from my earlier post. I've made a few gear upgrades, continued to level, and the power of the build has steadily grown. I mostly fixed the problems I listed, though VRF still feels very inconsistent at the moment (maybe I'm just being dumb). My life pool swelled from about 3.6k to 4.8k. That coupled with smarter play, a sixth endurance charge, a 6L Coil and a level 10 CWDT+IC have made my survivability shoot up considerably. For anyone who's looking to try this build out or looking to improve what they've got for it, I urge you to get that 6L Coil and sixth endurance charge - they make a world of difference in mitigating those huge phys spikes.

My real concern at this juncture is getting VRF to perform consistently. It seems as though I don't always apply a huge burn even under Conflux. VRF and its supports are all level 18 at the moment. Worms from Writhing Flasks also seem to have a nerfed chance to proc Conflux or I'm just getting really unlucky.

My flasks still need some work. I still haven't done merci lab because lab makes me rage, but when I get it done it will amp up the power quite a bit more.

Have you considered swapping your life leech gem in vrf setup for conc effect? You already leech with warlords, only real downside is curse immune bosses. You could replace fire pen with leech for those cases if you wanted as well.
"
Aderp wrote:
"
ConsPark wrote:

Have you considered swapping your life leech gem in vrf setup for conc effect? You already leech with warlords, only real downside is curse immune bosses. You could replace fire pen with leech for those cases if you wanted as well.

I would also suggest getting wyrmsign if it's possible without losing your res caps, they do make a big difference in getting having a 5-link VRF
Has anyone thought about going Mastermind of Discord with Lightning Warp?
"
Aderp wrote:

I thought about it, but I was pretty concerned with survivability since VRF sets you to 1 HP - the more leech the better in that scenario. I also like using VRF to clear strongboxes / big packs on occasion, and having more radius is more forgiving of bad positioning. As-is, it does enough damage to severely injure a high HP mob and the resulting burn is often enough to finish it off on its own. The last issue is that my current helm is STR-based, which makes 3B1R a challenge.

"
baneblade93 wrote:
I would also suggest getting wyrmsign if it's possible without losing your res caps, they do make a big difference in getting having a 5-link VRF

My gloves are my best res piece at the moment and replacing them would more or less be a complete regearing. If I do go Wyrmsign it's going to be quite an investment. I'm waiting to see how the build performs in 4 or 5 more levels (currently 82) and with maxed gems before I invest too much more currency.
Last edited by ConsPark on Jun 8, 2016, 9:11:10 PM
Is VRF the only good option for single target? I'm doing an es-based variant and using Rime Gaze with VRF, but the aoe is so small with conc effect it seems like if the boss moves during the casting animation I end up missing and out of HP.

I wouldn't mind a non-vaal skill to use to run lab with, either. It sucked paying or begging guildies for each lab clear.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info