[HC Assassin] 2.6 Arc Miner build - Fast Clear + Very Low Budget!

"
Chiropteran wrote:
I made a CI version of the build. At lv 76 my damage feels abysmal. 5262.4 avg. dmg. Seems really weak. I mean I'm at 10k es, which isn't bad at all. I suppose getting some more damage nodes is kind of a necessity. Here's the gear I'm rolling with right now, the 2nd ring will be replaced one day, and I am also running no belt 'til 79.

Spoiler

If you are at 10k ES while using a tremor rod then I have a feels the lack of damage may just be not getting many damage nodes - I would need to see your passive tree though to have a better look. Also keep in mind that Added Chaos Damage is better than Added Lightning Damage as a support.
I honestly don't quite see how it is better, I'm not poisoning and added lightning benefits moreso from my soon-to-be lightning based nodes from 90-95. Skill tree is as follows
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAYBAAFvBAcFQgjUDXwOSBB7EJIRLxFQEZYRwhXXGyUdTx3ZHwIgbiM2I18qCysKLJwsvy0fMhgyMjW5Nj02xUGWQ1RFfEcGSVFJsUuuTLNQMFMQUzFTNVZjXGtd8mNDbRltbHBRcFJ2b36wf8aESIauiEKJ04oGi3qMNo_6kyeVIJeXndmgQ6EvoqOnK66zswO0DLQ4t3W8b746vorBxcHzw23K09DQ0PXXz9hU2VvZhtsa2-ffiuL35RnndOkC6rrrY-v17BjuFe-I8NXw-fLh9HH5N_v1

I'd elaborate moreso but I kinda have to go to work, when I get home I'll go in-depth. But here is the end product (95) of my build.

Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAYBAAFvBAcFQgjUDXwOSA6OD8QQexCSEQ8RLxFQEZYRwhXXF7AbJR1PHdkfAiBuIzYjXyoLKwosnCy_LR8yGDIyNbk2PTbFO3xBlkNURXxFuUcGSVFJsUqLS65Ms1AwUxBTMVM1VGJWY1xrXfJjQ20ZbWxwUXBSc212b36vfrB_xoRIhHeGrohCidOLeow2jRmP-pMnlSCXl53ZoEOhL6Kjpyuus7MDtAy0OLd1uMq5k7xvvjq-isHFwfPDCcNtytPQ0ND118_YVNlb2V_Zhtsa217b592M34rgEuL35RnndOkC6rrrY-v17BjuFe-I8NXw-fId8uH0cfk3-_U=

Last edited by Chiropteran on Nov 11, 2016, 2:31:12 PM
At work, realized I made a huge mistake and altered the build slightly. Here is end result.

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAYBAK6LRXynKxEPj_qESAFvXGvDbYt64vcNfCyct3XuFeq6BUKus0GW0PWIQiM2SosQkhewMjLZhrxvUxDXz_k374hJsYw2tAwtH5UgXfKJ03BSKgt-r92MjRnZX-AS62MRLysK99fQ0NteUDAgbsHzoqMQe9savjpWY4auFdfr9fIduZPDCTt8D8S4yvLhY0MyGH6wUzF2b9hUswNwUUNUHdn0cb6KytOhL53ZoEMjXxHCDo7lGfv1tDgRUDW5HU9Ms0uuGyXZW21sRblUYoR3J6ksv-kC34rsGIoG8PkI1HNt2-dJUfDVtUismOd0kycOSH_GbRkRlsHFl5dHBgAA
Looking at those skill trees certainly reminded me of some of the issues with CI :) You have to drop a huge amount of crit from the left side of the tree that is not picked up anywhere else, so I am not as surprised damage is a fair bit lower (130% crit chance, 90% crit multi and a power charge (additional tonne of crit and a bit of crit multi).

I would suggest in your final plan to drop the lightning nodes, the crit chance mine node next to blast cascade and just a couple of ES nodes to be able to pick up serpent stance and arcane potency at the minimum. That should help the damage without dropping too much (considering your ES pool is decent enough at the moment). Clearly working towards that last power charge would also be great but that may be too much at the moment.

Also - added chaos is usually far better than added lightning as it has a much higher base added damage (multiplied by all those mine increases and crits) whereas added lightning only benefits a little more from the increased ele damage at the start of shadow at the cost of much lower base damage.
Thx for the reply. I see what you mean regarding Bladefall, will give it another chance.
I am currently using Lightning Coil with Purity of Lightning. Maybe its just me but I feel less squishy :)
Using a lightning coil is most likely better than other chest options yeah, I just didn't include that to keep the budget aspect of the build alive :) And it is certainly not required of course.

Unfortunately there has still not been any additional information regarding the blast cascade bug they introduced with 2.4, so it would be helpful if people could keep the thread I made on it (https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1727511/page/1) bumped to try and get another answer from them.
Last edited by Adblax on Nov 19, 2016, 1:18:48 PM
Is this really HC viable build? I found at lvl 90 that the lack of armour defence can result in 1-shotting very easily in t15+ maps.
"
DonQuixotic wrote:
Is this really HC viable build? I found at lvl 90 that the lack of armour defence can result in 1-shotting very easily in t15+ maps.

Yes it is, I personally always play the HC leagues, and have used this build consistently with it. Usually the scariest things are heavy elemental damage that is deadly to anyone except LL/CI. However we still get ~8.5-9k effective health which is better than most life builds with armor/evasion against this elemental damage. Clearly it is not the most tanky build though :)

Although keep in mind that as I have said throughout this thread: this build's survivability relies on your own ability to identify dangerous situations, as you rarely need to be in harm's way to do anything.
Doesn't look like anything needs to be changed from the patch notes from 2.5. Although the decoy totem 4 second cd might be a little annoying for the heavy elemental damage bosses.
Updated the OP with a note about power charge generation re: the blast cascade bug.

Additionally I am happy to say this has no trouble with breaches at all (with the exception of awkward placed can't die auras as with most builds). Although the +3 chain helmet helps out a huge amount.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info