[HC Assassin] 2.6 Arc Miner build - Fast Clear + Very Low Budget!

Hi, I was planning on using your build in BHC, however I can't find any tremor rods on poe.trade with any more than 4 links. Is this good enough to use the build? Should I look to waiting for a 5l to show up or just try and 5l it myself, which could be expensive. Thanks in advance!
"
Enumadas wrote:
Hi, I was planning on using your build in BHC, however I can't find any tremor rods on poe.trade with any more than 4 links. Is this good enough to use the build? Should I look to waiting for a 5l to show up or just try and 5l it myself, which could be expensive. Thanks in advance!

The chance of seeing a pre-5 linked tremor rod is basically zero as very few people even bother selling the unique and it isn't exactly popular. Just buy one and do it yourself, you may even get a 6 link :) If you do not have the currency to do that yet then just use a 4 link and you should be fine until late 70s/early 80s
cool
Hi There,

I really like the idea of this build, especially with arc. Just out of curiosity, if I were to start a build like this in the new SSF league in 2.6, I obviously wouldn't have easy access to Tremor Rod or any uniques for that matter. Would Saboteur with traps and Chain Reaction instead of mines be better? (at least until I find tremor rod and switch then to Assassin)

Thanks!
You can run Saboteur if you would prefer, but I think that even in SSF mines may be a little better due to no trap cooldown. Keep in mind Tremor Rod just makes it a little quicker to play, the additional damage from using it isnt too substantial :)
"
Adblax wrote:
You can run Saboteur if you would prefer, but I think that even in SSF mines may be a little better due to no trap cooldown. Keep in mind Tremor Rod just makes it a little quicker to play, the additional damage from using it isnt too substantial :)

Awesome thanks very much! I might just give this a shot come the new league. :)
Hey there, I am currently trying to run this build, so far it seems very fun, need a bit getting used to it and all that, and need some better gear, but I leave those worries when reaching level 70.

I am however a bit confused, since the build pumps so many points into crit chance and crit multiplier for Arc, why is Controlled Destruction being used? Wouldn't it be better to use another gem like Added Chaos Damage first, or use Increased Critical Damage Support be better? Or does the 44% flat spell damage increase compound better with the critical strike multiplier?

Also with the Breaches coming now to the standart league, would be the synergy with the new unique "Choir of the Storm" be good or not? Also I got Valako's Sign, I think it would be a great ring for this build, any suggestions or thoughts?

Thanks for reading!
Last edited by RPOD on Feb 28, 2017, 11:12:20 AM
"
RPOD wrote:
Hey there, I am currently trying to run this build, so far it seems very fun, need a bit getting used to it and all that, and need some better gear, but I leave those worries when reaching level 70.

I am however a bit confused, since the build pumps so many points into crit chance and crit multiplier for Arc, why is Controlled Destruction being used? Wouldn't it be better to use another gem like Added Chaos Damage first, or use Increased Critical Damage Support be better? Or does the 44% flat spell damage increase compound better with the critical strike multiplier?

Also with the Breaches coming now to the standart league, would be the synergy with the new unique "Choir of the Storm" be good or not? Also I got Valako's Sign, I think it would be a great ring for this build, any suggestions or thoughts?

Thanks for reading!

I am glad you are enjoying the build so far - it sure escalates in power quite quickly past lvl 70ish.

Controlled destruction is actually one of the best crit support gems as it provides a huge more multiplier to your damage at the cost of only 5-8% of your total crit chance. It is noticeably better than any of the other options :)

As for the uniques you mentioned. Choir of the storm does not really provide that much at the expense of no defences. The increased crit chance will be relatively insubstantial, and the 50% increased damage is ok certainly but that is the only thing the amulet really has going for it (remember the lightning bolts will not proc much as you do not crit much yourself (only with orb of storms)).

The ring might be decent for damage though (if you are happy to drop life and resists), although I am not 100% on the mechanics of the main affix of 15% inc damage to shocked enemies. I think that this functions as a normal damage increase as in the passive tree, in which case the ring is not that great. However if it works as a 15% more multiplier on the mob it would be a nice boost (although I think this would be worded as: shocked monsters take 15% increased damage). Again, I am not 100% on the wording.

Essentially it is pretty important to get as much life as you can on all your pieces of gear to offset the lack of defences. This should be taken into account whenever considering upgrades :)

Good luck!
Very nice and cool looking build. I played a FNM occultist on BSC and would like to roll a miner again this league as a starter. Got a few questions that I think will help me decide.

1. Since we're going elemental crit, what do you think of rolling this char as inquisitor? Not quite sure how the ascendancies play out with the mines thou. e.g. Do I do damage or the mine?

2. If first is not viable, how does saboteur fare with assassin?

3. What do you think of the new look Marylene's amu on top of this build?
Spoiler
"
Marylene's Fallacy: No longer has the property non-critical strikes deal 40% less damage.

TIAVM.
"Curiosity is followed by ambition. Ambition is followed by madness." - The Shaper
Last edited by haxers on Mar 1, 2017, 7:58:59 AM
"
haxers wrote:
Very nice and cool looking build. I played a FNM occultist on BSC and would like to roll a miner again this league as a starter. Got a few questions that I think will help me decide.

1. Since we're going elemental crit, what do you think of rolling this char as inquisitor? Not quite sure how the ascendancies play out with the mines thou. e.g. Do I do damage or the mine?

2. If first is not viable, how does saboteur fare with assassin?

3. What do you think of the new look Marylene's amu on top of this build?
Spoiler
"
Marylene's Fallacy: No longer has the property non-critical strikes deal 40% less damage.

TIAVM.

Thanks for the interest - I find it pretty fun to run with. As for your questions though:

1. Inquisitor really is not as good as most people give it credit for imo, especially going with 1 single elemental damage type, and when using mines (which you can get up to 20% additional ele pen with). This is because Inquisitor crits fix resistance to 0, whereas penetration allows resists to go negative - so best case the inquisitor only does ~15% more damage assuming all mobs have maximum resists all the time, otherwise you can get more damage from not going inquisitor due to negative resistances - also works well with a support). And this is not even counting the huge damage bonuses you get from assassin that are not available for inquisitor.

Oh and the mine does the damage, not the player, but the mine cast's the player's spell with his buffs etc.

2. Saboteur is quite nice, but you really drop a huge amount of crit for it. You can certainly run sab, and can lay mines a bit quicker etc however you lose a substantial amount of damage for it (sab only really gives that additional ele pen for damage).

3. Marylene's amu looks pretty decent but, after comparing the numbers, the loss of crit chance seems too significant. This difference gets even larger if you get some nice crit gear as well. It could be a nice substitute for earlier on when you do not have many of your crit nodes yet though.

Hope you decide to give the build a shot though :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info