[HC Assassin] 2.6 Arc Miner build - Fast Clear + Very Low Budget!

"
Chunq wrote:
I'm at 63 with my 2nd ascendancy now and about to get into the meat of the build, if not already there. It feels pretty damn good, but I do notice the thing with the power charges. You're saying that I should have full 5+ charges after a single pack? There's mostly no problem with charges when I'm rolling along but there are a couple of gaps.

I don't suppose there's a command to drop mines at my feet on the spot? Moving the mouse cursor back to my feet every time is fine but if there's an easier and faster way I'd like to know.

Nah it used to be the case that we could get 2-3 per medium-large size pack when we detonate once, now it appears to be bugged and is limited to 1 per detonate :/

As for dropping mines at your feet, just use shift :)
Spirit offering?
"
Eyeamwetardid wrote:
Spirit offering?

Clear up necrovigil corpses :D
So how do you guys deal with chaos dmg? It was my main reason to rip so I rolled CI. So far maps are ok up to t8 at least with 6,5k ES if you are careful. I wish I could use a shield to get more ES :/

Without CI all that ES felt useless because chaos damage seemed to be the #1 damage source while mapping...
I am, as usually, stuck at maps around T5 atm.
Chaos Damage in maps is no problem for me for now, i have -10% Chaos resistance. For those Chaos damage heavy mops i just switch to a Flask and usually i am fine.

After reading the posts here about the Power Charge generation i had an eye on that yesterday. I can´t prove anything with numbers, but iirc getting Charges while leveling was pretty easy. After one of the Hotfixes they seem to come in on alot more unreliable basis for us.
"
Ihmemies2 wrote:
So how do you guys deal with chaos dmg? It was my main reason to rip so I rolled CI. So far maps are ok up to t8 at least with 6,5k ES if you are careful. I wish I could use a shield to get more ES :/

Without CI all that ES felt useless because chaos damage seemed to be the #1 damage source while mapping...

Flat chaos damage itself shouldn't be too much of an issue because MoM helps to mitigate it, but without a doubt chaos degen is a weakness of the build. However with how much freedom in gear we have, if you are unsure about being able to move out of the fields etc quickly enough then you can get a lot of chaos res on your gear for a price :) Getting a lot of ES isn't that important, as long as you have enough to absorb a hit or two in high maps then thats all you need :) Mana is more important past that point (I usually aim for 1200-1400 ES by red maps, and 900-1000 unreserved mana, preferably more).

And also you can switch out your basalt as Necrol mentioned.

"
Necrol wrote:
After reading the posts here about the Power Charge generation i had an eye on that yesterday. I can´t prove anything with numbers, but iirc getting Charges while leveling was pretty easy. After one of the Hotfixes they seem to come in on alot more unreliable basis for us.

I did not pay a huge amount of attention when levelling to be honest so can't tell when it was introduced but yeah there is an issue :/ Its very easy to see when comparing to my older videos.
I made two vids yesterday from t7 and t9 maps.

Mud geyser: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8enCB2OhCvo
Shore: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sTII8GDhyfE

Skills & gear: https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Ihmemies2/characters
Running vaal disc for "health" pot and and Vaal clarity so I can run enfeeble or temp chains with blasphemy aura. With normal clarity I had to chug mana pots anyways because my mana regen was not nearly enough for what the 5L arc mine requires.

Using stone golem because he has a good work attitude, dunno if some other would be better. I see many other people using ice, why is that? I've been trying to figure out a single target skill to use, but so far the vaal lightning trap seems to work. Maybe it stops working later on with harder maps and bosses? So far at least up to tier9 the only challenge has come if you purposefully enrage bosses or do uber lab.

If I'm careful in my opinion I can survive decently as long as I avoid damage zones on ground, keep away from melee range and chug potions. As said I tried the life version at first but I'm not good enough a player for that :)
Last edited by Ihmemies2 on Sep 12, 2016, 8:48:16 AM
What are you guys doing to level before you get tremor rod? Am I supposed to just be using whatever skills before I get tremor rod? I guess you need the Remote Mine support from the staff to use mines.

I am kind of new and not sure how to start this build out.
I used spark and orb of storms with +1 Lightning wands till lvl50 or so. Theres a ton of different ways to level and it's up you what you want to use.
"
gregnog wrote:
What are you guys doing to level before you get tremor rod? Am I supposed to just be using whatever skills before I get tremor rod? I guess you need the Remote Mine support from the staff to use mines.

I am kind of new and not sure how to start this build out.

Yeah you can use anything to level with, I personally use Fire Nova Mine but there are plenty of options :)

So far my testing for single target setups has seen a couple of options. Ice spear, Frost bolt (highest damage) and arctic breath (chilled ground) all work ok, but still they are not close to the scale of out bladefall mines. These are all projectiles though which can have targeting issues (particularly ice spear). Other than this you can use bladefall just like before (although this has a high dex requirement), or firestorm which has more damage than the projectile options with no dex requirement but does require getting close to the boss like bladefall.

Personally I think I will use Arctic breath (seems to be similar in damage to ice spear, but below frost bolt) for the chilled ground.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info