[2.6] The Curse Whisperer - Tri-Curse CI Whispering Ice EleRaider - Viable for Everything

"
Kevink88 wrote:
"
Kelvynn wrote:
"
Kevink88 wrote:
I have a question, above the witch start you grab the fire/cold damage and take 2 travel nodes for 20 int, is that better then grabbing the 8% elemental damage and either 10% fire or 10% cold damage? It's the same ammount of passives spent.

As a general rule for this build, +10 Int is better than 9% inc damage. It gives about the same damage but adds ES on top of that. So, +20 Int is better than 18% inc damage.

A thanks for the info, sweet build loving it so far, just can't go CI at the same lvl as you did since it's easy to get 1 shot then in HC ;)

Of course, in HC you have to outlevel the content by whatever margin you feel comfortable with. You can follow the leveling guide in HC with some N level delay. And if you are in HC, avoid reflect like plague, especially if there are necromancers in the area that can cast Flammability or Ele Weakness on you.
Last edited by Kelvynn on May 23, 2016, 3:21:48 PM
With prophecy league coming, are there any major changes for this build? Bc im planning to do this build as an occultist, taking the es/stun as well as the +1 curse nodes, saving me points to go to unwavering stance that i can put into extra curse and aura reservation so i can do 2 blasphemies(WM + offensive aura curses(flammability or ele weakness) + discipline & arctic armour.
Cwdt enfeeble will probably stay, buy depending on game difficulty i might swap things around(swapping 2nd blasphemy with temp chains or even poachers mark for more charges)
Any thoughts?
Last edited by AlaeEddine on May 24, 2016, 7:52:59 AM
"
AlaeEddine wrote:
With prophecy league coming, are there any major changes for this build? Bc im planning to do this build as an occultist, taking the es/stun as well as the +1 curse nodes, saving me points to go to unwavering stance that i can put into extra curse and aura reservation so i can do 2 blasphemies(WM + offensive aura curses(flammability or ele weakness) + discipline & arctic armour.
Cwdt enfeeble will probably stay, buy depending on game difficulty i might swap things around(swapping 2nd blasphemy with temp chains or even poachers mark for more charges)
Any thoughts?

We'll have to see the changes in 2.3 when they get announced. Nothing that was announced already affects this build, other than 2 extra Asc points (get US/3rd curse 2 levels earlier, and respec +40 Int after lv 90). But GGG said they are changing a lot of things about Asc classes.

Playing this build as a non-Scion is not nearly as good. Witch Occultist will not make you immune to stun, except maybe against weak trash that's not a problem anyway. You can't expect to have full ES in any serious fight, even with Wicked Ward. Something as simple Necropolis Merveil will just perma stun you, forget about Atziri Trio or Malachai.

And without Berserker leech your survivability will be way lower. You'll have to use Life Leech instead of a dps gem. Scion is the way to go.

I also couldn't find a way to afford mana for two Blasphemy auras (see the first couple of pages), even with Heretic Veil and Enlighten lv 4. If you have a solution, you'd be much better off with Temporal Chains as the 2nd aura with WM, and then CWDT Enfeeble. There is no need for an offensive aura, I already routinely swap half of my dps for iir/iiq gems while farming high tier maps.
Last edited by Kelvynn on May 24, 2016, 4:57:32 PM
well I already got Skyforth. So how do I make best use of them?
"
Jindor452 wrote:
well I already got Skyforth. So how do I make best use of them?

If you have Skyforth, you can skip the branch of the tree that goes to Unwavering Stance (left from Sentinel and down), put Fertile Mind instead of Brute Force Solution into the socket below the start, take the socket south-east of the start (Fertile Mind), and get Whispers of Doom and all other planned sockets several levels earlier.
The final update for 2.2 is up. New changes/additions are highlighted in green.

I made 3 new videos as well:

All high tier double bosses - most of them with MF gems and random mods. I actually brought a second WI with MF gems to swap at the end of the Malachai fight :))

Gorge clear demo - if you just want xp, you can get it pretty fast

Hall of Grandmas - for this build it really is a Tier 4 map

Enjoy!
hi man i really enjoy your build in 2.2 . i also beat uber in new league in this. what u think nerf in ascendant berserker. have another chose in 2.3? Berserker no longer always gives global leech, gives 1% on kill
"
a129634125 wrote:
hi man i really enjoy your build in 2.2 . i also beat uber in new league in this. what u think nerf in ascendant berserker. have another chose in 2.3? Berserker no longer always gives global leech, gives 1% on kill

Looks like the only change in 2.3 affecting this build is the nerf to Asc Zerker leech: down from 1.5% to 1% and only if you've killed recently (in the last 4 sec).

This will only affect boss encounters, since in regular mapping you are always killing something. For the bosses we have options:

a)

That takes care of the 'killed recently' part for 8-10 sec. Per flask. And it also activates the extra leech from the boot enchantment, making it the same old 1.5% as before.

b) Go back to the Life Leech gem that we've used prior to 2.2 (and still use while leveling until ascending). We traded more leech for more dps in 2.2 and ended up with more dps than needed for most anything. Swap Controlled Destruction for Life Leech.

The second option is safer and less hassle than carrying around extra flasks. It also opens up a number of interesting options that were overshadowed by the 2.2 Berserker: Raider, Pathfinder, Slayer, Champion, Guardian, Inquisitor. Not that Berserker is completely dead either: that 10% MORE damage is still sexy.

Gonna have to try things and see what works the best.

P.S. After a quick consideration, I like replacing Berserker with Raider the most. Raider means 3 frenzy charges while mapping (12% inc cast and attack speed and 12% MORE damage) with Onslaught (20% inc cast, attack and move speed) ON TOP of that. It's fantastic for mapping and lets you replace Silver flasks with something else. Bye-bye CD, welcome back Life Leech.
Last edited by Kelvynn on May 26, 2016, 3:10:04 AM
I guess you forgot one additional sort of 'nerf' (maybe not that important...):

"
Warlord's Mark now has an additional 10% chance to stun at all levels of the gem, rather than scaling up to 15% by level 20. This was to fix a situation where any hit could stun an enemy

BTW LL from WM standalone was not enough on maps withuot curse immunity? If it was just fine, theh gb to CD gem on curse immunity maps only.
Last edited by ojejku on May 26, 2016, 6:12:58 AM
But wouldn't it be nice for this build to have the new Which Elementalist Class with both Fire and Ice Golem?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info