[3.0] COLD CHAMPION SIEGE BALLISTA GUIDE - DPS... plenty - Meme Ballistas - Video(s) Inside

"
ruby12 wrote:
Is this build even relevant if you can't lay your hands on an additional arrow drillneck ?
Or any additional arrow quiver for that matter ?

The additional arrow is always good but only with the deadeye would I consider it a close to mandatory upgrade since it lets you swap out the Rain of Splinters jewel.
Hi there. So i wanted to know how the piercing replacement going? what should i use instead of it?
Im thinking about Multiple projectiles but it'll drop damage like WOW and the second thought was just another ele damage mod like fire or chaos. what do you think?
Last edited by bondar92 on Sep 8, 2016, 5:22:55 AM
"
bondar92 wrote:
Hi there. So i wanted to know how the piercing replacement going? what should i use instead of it?
Im thinking about Multiple projectiles but it'll drop damage like WOW and the second thought was just another ele damage mod like fire or chaos. what do you think?

I use faster attacks and its very smooth Gameplay.

Added fire does no flat ele dmg add. It turns pys dmg in fire dmg sooo its not good..
Bayern des samma mia
Last edited by Bayerius on Sep 8, 2016, 2:39:41 PM
seems interesting but you don't have any defenses. evasion is not a defense, it's paper thin and unreliable. can you do lab at all?
and movement skills.. you're limited by the bow, you can only use blink arrow, and blink arrow is also unreliable and has a huge delay.
so paper thin, not good mobility, even if the dps is great.. I can imagine a lot of scenarios where you're swarmed by hordes of mobs, in a tight spot, with no room to maneuver, and you're swimming in a pool of elemental damage from lightning storms and stuff.. with just evasion you're dead in seconds, or faster. you need good defenses in this game, not just massive damage.

Edit 1: I did respec an old ranger and tried it : > Not sure about this build yet, the ballistas seem kind of efficient, even if they're just lvling up now. But it's boring to play and there's no good movement skill with bows. You also use way too many skills in one build, I can't handle more than 1-2 skills, I would get killed trying to do/reach too many things. Like shooting frenzy and blink arrow, while my main skill is SB... no way. Maybe I need some time to adjust to it, but it feels really awkward atm.

Maybe the main problem is that I don't have an attack.. and I rely on these ballistas to cover me, and hope for the best.. which is not cool when stuff happens fast, and the ballistas are busy with something else. These ballistas would work great as support, but not as main attack skill. The massive delay between when you need to deal damage, until they decide to deal damage there.. should be fatal with more serious mobs. And as mentioned before, I think in YT, gameplay feels like you're a chicken chaotically running around stuff and hoping for the best.. you're not in charge of what's happening. I played traps before, at least I know exactly where damage will happen, with traps. I feel in charge, I can throw traps in anyone's face and it feels like it's me playing the game and being in control. Even if, like with ballistas, I'm only placing objects on the ground.

Also... you're not using temp chains. Nuff said. :P I mean I always use temp chains, especially if the build is fragile, lacking solid defenses. I can't imagine mapping with this character without temp chains. You could trigger temp chains automatically on damage taken.. but that's far from ideal, an aura is probably the only way temp chains really works. If I replace Herald of Thunder maybe. Less damage, but infinitely better survivability.

Edit 2: ok... they are not shooting where I'd want them to shoot. of course. this is a problem with Izaro for example, where you want to kill or disable a specific thing, and not just random targets. it would also be a problem with Vorici... although I don't care about Vorici. :P

I should have thought of this before wasting time and currency and a whole character re-spec. Why didn't I think of this?.. Cuz I stayed up way too long and I need to get some sleep -__-

Edit 3: Also.. life regen? Not good. I have a lvl 89 ranger here, so close to final skilltree.

And edit 4: Cherry on the cake, I don't get any frenzies on kill with my raider.. and without frenzies I deal half the damage. I presume onslaught and phasing also won't work and therefore the ascendancy is completely wasted. Funny. Sad, but funny. But more like sad. Ok, more like wtf.. o O Did you actually try out the builds you're describing in this guide?
Last edited by monkeyonyourtonsils on Sep 9, 2016, 7:53:44 AM
I disagree. I generate frenzys with easz.iam insane tanky with champion lab specc...and with a good flask and boots iam on permanent 90% faster running.

I also have 140k dps atm and ive done merc Lab in about 5 minutes witjout knowing the way

Insane Strong build and fun to play
Bayern des samma mia
"
seems interesting but you don't have any defenses. evasion is not a defense, it's paper thin and unreliable. can you do lab at all?
and movement skills.. you're limited by the bow, you can only use blink arrow, and blink arrow is also unreliable and has a huge delay.
so paper thin, not good mobility, even if the dps is great.. I can imagine a lot of scenarios where you're swarmed by hordes of mobs, in a tight spot, with no room to maneuver, and you're swimming in a pool of elemental damage from lightning storms and stuff.. with just evasion you're dead in seconds, or faster. you need good defenses in this game, not just massive damage.

Edit 1: I did respec an old ranger and tried it : > Not sure about this build yet, the ballistas seem kind of efficient, even if they're just lvling up now. But it's boring to play and there's no good movement skill with bows. You also use way too many skills in one build, I can't handle more than 1-2 skills, I would get killed trying to do/reach too many things. Like shooting frenzy and blink arrow, while my main skill is SB... no way. Maybe I need some time to adjust to it, but it feels really awkward atm.

Maybe the main problem is that I don't have an attack.. and I rely on these ballistas to cover me, and hope for the best.. which is not cool when stuff happens fast, and the ballistas are busy with something else. These ballistas would work great as support, but not as main attack skill. The massive delay between when you need to deal damage, until they decide to deal damage there.. should be fatal with more serious mobs. And as mentioned before, I think in YT, gameplay feels like you're a chicken chaotically running around stuff and hoping for the best.. you're not in charge of what's happening. I played traps before, at least I know exactly where damage will happen, with traps. I feel in charge, I can throw traps in anyone's face and it feels like it's me playing the game and being in control. Even if, like with ballistas, I'm only placing objects on the ground.

Also... you're not using temp chains. Nuff said. :P I mean I always use temp chains, especially if the build is fragile, lacking solid defenses. I can't imagine mapping with this character without temp chains. You could trigger temp chains automatically on damage taken.. but that's far from ideal, an aura is probably the only way temp chains really works. If I replace Herald of Thunder maybe. Less damage, but infinitely better survivability.

Edit 2: ok... they are not shooting where I'd want them to shoot. of course. this is a problem with Izaro for example, where you want to kill or disable a specific thing, and not just random targets. it would also be a problem with Vorici... although I don't care about Vorici. :P

I should have thought of this before wasting time and currency and a whole character re-spec. Why didn't I think of this?.. Cuz I stayed up way too long and I need to get some sleep -__-

Edit 3: Also.. life regen? Not good. I have a lvl 89 ranger here, so close to final skilltree.

And edit 4: Cherry on the cake, I don't get any frenzies on kill with my raider.. and without frenzies I deal half the damage. I presume onslaught and phasing also won't work and therefore the ascendancy is completely wasted. Funny. Sad, but funny. But more like sad. Ok, more like wtf.. o O Did you actually try out the builds you're describing in this guide?

This made my day
twitch.tv/wabachaw
"

I don't know if I just got lucky with hammer Izaro, but lab was super easy. I have yet to do uber lab, but I don't expect any problems once I get enough damage.

I've been using a skirmish quiver until I get drillneck, and enough dex for 4 totems. I think it's a good inbetween option if anyone wants to try it out.
Last edited by kingofburgerz on Sep 9, 2016, 7:16:57 PM
I guess lightning coil would be a bit hard to gear for, but what about Kintsugi? Seems like a decent chest for such a build. Have to see if its possible to overcap resists and get to 600dex with it though.
Just wanted to say after ripping a blade vortex character and a CI caustic arrow build this league I am really enjoying this build and it's tons of fun to level with.

I just got to merciless with it (lvl 59) but the DPS has been great the whole time and the clear speed is way better than I expected (currently able to summon 4 siege ballista). I've been using a 5-link with faster attacks based on some of the responses here and it seems good but I might give slower projectiles a try as well.

Thanks for the great build!
Waba what do you think about Arrow Dancing and Phase Acro when playing hc? Im thinking about going Kintsugi and giving the dmg reduction buff as much uptime as possible.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info