[2.2] Self-Cast Chaos Sparker - 100k+ DPS - Crit - EV/Dodge - Fast Clear Speed

For a while I wanted to play a spark build. With the vaal spark nerf that was no longer an option and with the pierce buff I figured it was time to give normal spark it a shot. I realized spark was gonna have a problem with reflect because controlling damage was gonna be hard with the possibility of sparks being able to hit multiple time. So I did what any sane man would do: convert my damage to chaos!

While scaling my damage I found straight up damage and maximizing projectile speed resulted in better clear speed than going for increased duration. For bosses this might not be the case, but swapping in poison makes nearly every boss fight a breeze.

Pros:
• No issues with reflect
• Fast clear speed
• High Damage
• Insta leech
• Offscreen killing
• Hit around corners

Cons:
• Not cheap (~3ex budget on perandus)
• Only 5-5.5k life
• Need to actively dodge stuff
• Relies on charges (power and frenzy)

Berserker
Deadeye

I picked up Berserker first because the leech makes leveling smoother. I picked up Piercing shots to make sure i had 100% pierce chance. After killing Izaro on merc and i was able to pick up Deadeye i specced out of the piercing shots passives.

Start leveling with whatever spell you want. Personally I just level'd using spark, it works, it just isn't amazing until you have 100% pierce chance and faster proj. Ideally you use a tabula, spark doesn't feel amazing until you got Spark, faster casting, echo, pierce and faster proj linked together. You also want to get a Q20 spark, since proj speed makes the build a lot smoother. As my 6th link i've been using reduced mana until late 60s.

Time to start picking up some crit (because crit is fun!). If you can afford it get maligaros gloves (they are under 10c on perandus) and try to get some crit spell daggers and try to get a curse on hit/assassins mark setup going if you got the right sockets.

Spec out of piercing shots once you picked up deadeye on your ascendancy tree. Move over to the witch area and pick up all the good stuff there... more crit, power charges, life, mana sockets. Don't underestimate heart and soul, the extra mana helps you dealing with any potential mana issues. Jewels are great, they give you a good chunk of extra life and some damage mods.

The next 15 talents are all focussed at getting more damage. You will pick up more frenzy charges, flat damage and crit multi... all the good stuff!

Finally fill in your remaining passives for your build. Again you will be picking up mostly damage. You will also pick up more jewel slots (so more life) and a 6th power charge.

Spoiler

6L - Chest (Swap faster proj for poison on bosses)

4L + 1L + 1L - (Bow)

4L - Gloves

4L - Helmet

3L + 1L Boots

Normal: Oak (Life)

Cruel: Alira(cast speed) or Passive point

Merciless: Alira (Power charge)

Voltaxic - Manditory item, converts all lightning damage to chaos, making you reflect immune and able to poison

Drillneck - Adds life, evasion and 100% increased damage for your spark, must have!

Starkonja's Head - Optional item, some evasion high life and a tiny bit of crit

Facebreaker - 90% crit multi, does more have to be said?

Chest - Get a 6L EV/ES chest, since evasion is our main defensive stat and you need 4 blue sockets. For an endgame item get a pure EV chest and get 4 blue off colors. Personally I bought a cheap white EV/ES 6L, alt spammed till i got a high life roll, regalled and crafted evasion.

Boots - Life, resistances and movement speed. High evasion is a very welcome bonus

Jewelry - Get high life/resistance rings, mana regen is a very welcome bonus. On the amulet prioritize offensive stats such as spell damage and crit chance/crit multi

Belt - High life and resistances, strength base completely removes any issue you might possibly have with strength

Jewels - Get 7% life + offensive stats. This build can make good use of many offensive stats such as proj dmg, spell dmg, light dmg, chaos dmg, crit etc

Spoiler

INGORE GEMS HERE, 'ACCIDENTALLY 6L'D BOW, MESSING AROUND WITH SOCKETS

DMG - Level 90 - 5 Power/5 Frenzy charges

DMG - Level 90 - 5 Power/5 Frenzy charges - Onslaught

Defense - Level 90
Last edited by Meraxas on Mar 22, 2016, 8:05:19 PM
Last bumped on Apr 27, 2016, 4:39:29 AM
Added some dmg/defensive screenshots. Adding lvling section tomorrow
Stylized gems links.
Not sure if i got the time to do leveling section tonight, might be tomorrow when i can add it!
Looks good, I currently have a 6l Voltaxic and I'm not liking LA/BR but I've always liked Spark. No reflect, no problem :)
currently using storm prison carved wands(duel wield) tabula rasa, wanderlust, goldrim, facebreakers, perandus blazon belt with two elreon rings -7 -8 rings and karui ward amulet leveling up and so far have been melting everything definitely looking foward to end game with this build
Added flasks to my items, proper leveling guide coming soon tm
Why not playing vaal spark?
"
Teslatest wrote:
Why not playing vaal spark?

Because this build doesnt really focus on increased duration, and without it, vaal spark is pretty bad, especially post nerf
Ascendancy points?
"
innox wrote:
Ascendancy points?

Berserker + Deadeye. They're in the passive skill tree.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info