GhazzyTV - Essence Drain & Contagion (or Bane/Soulrend) Trickster [SC/HC/Uber Elder/Shaper]

"
Any suggestions for SSF weapons? I'm using a wand at the moment and thus can't use shield charge. It is highly unlikely that I'll find an Essence of Delirium or a unique dagger with spell damage. Did they remove spell damage from regular (non-unique) daggers?
Or I'll just use Flame Dash or Phase Run ... I'm also kind of worried since I won't be able to buy a Grand Spectrum jewel (never have managed to level a master to 8)?

You could always just craft a weapon with an Essence of Woe, they're really common.

The Grand Spectrums are not required, they just make getting the mana a loooot easier. Try grabbing more mana nodes on the tree instead.
"
Wouldn't chain be better than pierce for 6l since we don't really care about hit damage?

That post was not updated I think because before 3.0.0, chain applied did 50-31% less damage to supported skills, and now it only applies to Hits, so you're probably right.

"
Any suggestions for SSF weapons?

Yes, general spell damage can still be rolled on daggers, you're just unlucky.
I'd recommend sticking with daggers, as shield charge is pretty awesome for moving around, and maybe using flame dash in unset ring if resistances allow.
I have 1 question, I really love this build, its fast, safe and really fun. However, certain mob packs and bosses leaves me with a problem, let's say the boss in Shore, he summons a truckload of SRS that blocks for him, or mobs with the elite "allies cannot die" how do we tackle this?
"
I have 1 question, I really love this build, its fast, safe and really fun. However, certain mob packs and bosses leaves me with a problem, let's say the boss in Shore, he summons a truckload of SRS that blocks for him, or mobs with the elite "allies cannot die" how do we tackle this?

Try to go around and sneak him out of the pack/cast Contagion non-stop with Wither totem.
I got a pretty good Cloak of Defiance. Do I drop MoM now? And if so, what do I go for to make up for that mana loss behind the MoM node?
"
I got a pretty good Cloak of Defiance. Do I drop MoM now? And if so, what do I go for to make up for that mana loss behind the MoM node?

Note, that you will lose 30% MoM, and now have only 10% MoM, so realistically thinking I don't think it worth it.
Only if you're on SC and want absolute best of DPS. But then you probably need another build.
"
erp_lsf wrote:
"

Note, that you will lose 30% MoM, and now have only 10% MoM, so realistically thinking I don't think it worth it.
Only if you're on SC and want absolute best of DPS. But then you probably need another build.

I don't think that is how it works. Cloak of Defiance gives the 10% PLUS the Mind over Matter node.

The wiki entry says:
"
The Mind Over Matter mod has the same effect as the keystone, Mind Over Matter. Taking the keystone in addition to equipping this item will impart no additional benefit.

However not taking MoM means skipping out on the 100% mana nodes, making it fairly difficult to get the required unreserved mana.
Last edited by Farami on Aug 10, 2017, 10:06:49 AM
Hi, very nice build! I have a couple of question. What is the order of the spells i have to cast for the maximum efficiency? And can I have a sample of equipment, that I can use to see socket and links? thanks
"
Mozzanator wrote:
Hi, very nice build! I have a couple of question. What is the order of the spells i have to cast for the maximum efficiency? And can I have a sample of equipment, that I can use to see socket and links? thanks

vulnerability - vaal lightning trap - wither - contagion - essence drain

"
Chridian wrote:

srs die fast to essence drain. kill the thing that has 'allies cannot die' first. pierce as a 6:th support helps with this whenever you get a 6 link.

protip: keep pierce on another piece of gear. replace a green support gem with pierce when it's needed.
Last edited by kompaniet on Aug 10, 2017, 10:46:50 AM
"
GranNiN wrote:
A silly question regarding the Grand spectrum jewels,
Is it cumulative if we take 3 times the mana related one or do we need to take the 3 different ones ?

Thanks

Hey,

You need 3 of the same kind for this to work.

"
kingjamil wrote:
Hey Ghazzy i am level 77 so far with this build and it is amazing so far. I was wondering what are ur thoughts on dropping the 3 mana/regen nodes in the witch start and dropping the skill effect duration to grab Corruption node. Corruption gives 74 percent increased damage which seem huge. I have Also dropped the frenzey charge and righteous decree and dynamo node for 6 extra points which i put for the increased AOE for blast radius and Amplify. I feel like the skill effect duration for 3 points is not needed since were gonna re apply the debuff anyways with in 4 seconds and the AOE increase is pretty noticable on contagion. all said the nodes i dropped were +1 max frenzy charges 45 percent skill effect duration 30 percent increased mana regeneration and 72 percent increased mana for a gain of 74 percent increased damage for ED and 36 percent increased AOE. I find this better because the skill effect i dont see being that usefull and the plus 1 frenzy charges is useless for bossing since it wont be up. Anyways i just wanna know ur thoughts for this the tree that i am opting to go for is this

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/3.0.0/AAAABAYCAAQHBLMHHgj0CSAOSBEtES8RlhNtFAkWvxzcIvQmiCaVKPoqUysKLJwy0TWSNj06WDrhPAU8tj1fQYdFR0WdSU9JUUmxTLNN41JTUq9TUlVLVcZauVxAXfJfKmHiYpVirGf8akNqjGwLbIxtGXWedoJ8g3_GgLOCx4PbhTKHy4sOjxqP-pFHkyeVLpctl5WX9Jrgnaqf36EvogCi2aOjplenm6yYsNiycLQMtNG1SLcwtz64k7tNvKq86r6KwGbIDMgUytPLvc8V0B_Xz9i92jvdX-aB62Pr5Ovu73zviO_r8B_w1fJF9W_31_k3-ej-Cv6P

Hey,

Awesome to hear bro!
I always promote people to do their own thing of their own personal preference with my or anyone elses build guides.

Personally I would prefer the guides version though for softcore I would opt for more damage.

"
xour wrote:
"
Ghazzy wrote:
Hey,

Looks fine to me tbh, you could get chaos dmg essence crafted rings for more chaos dmg, is it bosses you're having issues with? Most builds will have issues with that due to their massive HP gain. My suggestion is to only do the bosses once then ignore them for the rest of the game.

Could also switch the weapon for Breath of the Council for more dmg.

Or are you having issues with tougher rares as well? Cause that shouldn't be a problem.
Hey thanks for your reply. Just map bosses, even on lower T4/5 maps takes quite a while to go down. But I guess that is to be expected now that you mention it. Thanks!

Aye, that is sadly the case which is why we do them once then skip em!

"
AzgarthX wrote:
So what would your gear options be for every slot? Your video guide shows 2.6 gear and your 3.0 guide here only shows leveling uniques.

Simply follow the stat priotity whilst chosing the base items depending on your plan for sockets to use in each slot.

Examples:
4 Blue Sockets => intelligence based item (could be int/x hybrid pieces as well) for easier coloring.
Red sockets => Armour (str)
Green Sockets => Evasion (dex)

We don't really care about ES/Eva/Arm in this build so the base items are only there to make the coloring easier for you whilst having high priority in the stats they bring.

"
sibbleTV wrote:
Hey there, thanks for your guide I found it easy to follow!

I'm currently level 79 and I feel like I'm lacking in my DPS.

Was wondering if you could take a peak at my gear and maybe point out if there's something not right? If not no biggy, still appreciate your guide!

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/sibbleTV/characters?characterName=sibbleTV

http://i.imgur.com/N7dYbOr.jpg?1

Thanks!

Hey,

Cheers!
You could craft a dagger with Essence of Delirium to speed up single target & boss kills. It looks like the main issue for you is that you're lvl 81 still using a 4L, I would try to get a 5L as soon as possible, or hell make room for a Tabula for increased damage till you get a Cloak of Defiance :)

"
Hey Ghazzy,

Just a short thank you post for the time and effort you've put into making the build, documenting it, keeping it up-to-date and answering the million questions.

I just returned after taking a break for a few years and just loving this build!

Cheers!

Hey,

No matter how small of a post, this is very much appreciated. I do my best with the time I have (wish i had more). <3

"
Farami wrote:
Thanks for this amazing guide.

I have been playing your exact build for a while and started switching it up recently to get more damage since I'm running in SC.

I can really recommend getting

They're quite a big help on single target.

Other than that I would love to know what I could still improve on my char.
I'm currently trying to get a 6l Cherrubim. Can I improve anything besides that?

Hey,

Cheers bro!
Yeah those gloves are nice for extra dmg if life/res can handle equipping them.

Besides the gear promoted in the guide it's just a matter of putting more currency in to your rare pieces, you could look to craft jeweleries with the Chaos DMG providing Essence for even more dmg.

"
Darrothan wrote:
New player here.

I gotta say, this build clears level 1-70 mobs insanely fast, but as soon as I started mapping, I started to notice that the damage is dropping off pretty quickly. Does anyone have any tips on how I could improve my damage output (no idea how to link my character here, by the way)? My survivability is pretty good right now, and I'd like to have more DPS without sacrificing survivability.

Also, why would we use the Tabula Rasa if we could find a six-link with the right colors? Or is there a reason why we use a Tabula?

But yea, this build was amazing for levels 1-70. Seriously fast.

Hey,

Awesome, it is as planed then!
Are you using a 4L or 5L?
Are the issues regarding boss kills or general map clearing?
Tabula is just cheaper, obviously another chest with correct colors is better.

You go to your settings on the website and make sure your profile is checked as non private, then you go to the tab called "characters" copy paste that URL you're in at that time, post it in here. :)
(Or just make sure your profile is not private and we can click your name on the side here on this thread to access it manually).

"
NobodySuper wrote:
Wouldn't chain be better than pierce for 6l since we don't really care about hit damage?

Pierce is mostly used for those nasty Vaal Totems in the background that makes them immune.
Pierce is in these situations more reliable than Chain.

"
Any suggestions for SSF weapons? I'm using a wand at the moment and thus can't use shield charge. It is highly unlikely that I'll find an Essence of Delirium or a unique dagger with spell damage. Did they remove spell damage from regular (non-unique) daggers?
Or I'll just use Flame Dash or Phase Run ... I'm also kind of worried since I won't be able to buy a Grand Spectrum jewel (never have managed to level a master to 8)?

I'd try to essence craft (with spell dmg essence) some daggers instead, or alteration spam for high spell dmg, augment, regal, benchcraft and call it a day.

In SSF you are most likely not going to get a CoD so MoM keystone including all the mana nodes should cover your 30% MoM effect without the Grand Spectrum. Though I would recommend vaal orbing Cobalt Jewels trying to get it eventually :)

"
Chridian wrote:

Hey,

Awesome to hear!
Contagion => ED, the SRS they summon dies quickly and spreads the DoT to the boss, it shouldn't be a problem.

"
FaytePGN wrote:

For the mana to sustain 40% MoM you need those mana nodes behind MoM keystone.

"
Mozzanator wrote:

Contagion => Essence Drain => Shield Charge away!
Sadly I'm not a fulltime streamer, so I have been unable to update the gameplay footage on all build guides I have (They are PLENTY!). Everything is described in the guide, however, I will try to make time to do all these builds eventually to update the gameplay footage & be able to show current gear.

Guides: https://www.poe-vault.com/guides/ghazzy-guide-hub
YT: https://www.youtube.com/GhazzyTV
Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/ghazzytv

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info