GhazzyTV - Essence Drain & Contagion (or Bane/Soulrend) Trickster [SC/HC/Uber Elder/Shaper]

I'm sure part of that problem comes from the insane HP buff the bosses got, because even other OP builds are having troubles taking down red map bosses without a substantial investment of currency.
"
7443560 wrote:
I'm sure part of that problem comes from the insane HP buff the bosses got, because even other OP builds are having troubles taking down red map bosses without a substantial investment of currency.

yes and ed was pretty bad even before 3.0 for killing bosses unless you used the poison or decay trick.
caustic arrow is in the same boat. i was struggling with t11 shaped strand bosses with a 6l and lvl 4 empower. can only imagine what it's gonna be like now.

Pretty much. I'm sure we can find a way to make it less of a burden to kill them though, or maybe not? Only time will tell. I will keep leveling up and if I find something useful or game changing I will post here. :]
"
7443560 wrote:
Pretty much. I'm sure we can find a way to make it less of a burden to kill them though, or maybe not? Only time will tell. I will keep leveling up and if I find something useful or game changing I will post here. :]

Someone a couple pages ago mentioned the blight gloves as a good singletarget dps boost.
If you'd put your Contagion setup in there the blight should profit from some of the support gems.

Anyone tried that?
"
cybertier wrote:
"
7443560 wrote:

Someone a couple pages ago mentioned the blight gloves as a good singletarget dps boost.
If you'd put your Contagion setup in there the blight should profit from some of the support gems.

Anyone tried that?

I'm gonna be trying that very soon! Just need a few levels :] I think Blight DoT stacks with ED and if that's the case it should indeed be some boost to the DPS

And that is also what I had in mind, to set up the gloves to hold the contagion links so it would be benefiting from that pretty good. We'll see! I read somebody else was also trying those gloves :]

Just cleared cruel labyrinth multiple times and had no issues at all, really fast and smooth. Izaro dies like butter.
I ripped my yesterday char with 3.5k HP 700 unreserved MP after auras, lvl 70, capped resists to act 10 Kitava and wanted to ask - how you deal with it?

EDIT: Three labs done with Swift Killer, Patient Reaper, and Mana Regen major node.
Last edited by erp_lsf on Aug 11, 2017, 6:57:30 AM
"
7443560 wrote:
"
cybertier wrote:
"
7443560 wrote:

Anyone tried that?

I'm gonna be trying that very soon! Just need a few levels :] I think Blight DoT stacks with ED and if that's the case it should indeed be some boost to the DPS

And that is also what I had in mind, to set up the gloves to hold the contagion links so it would be benefiting from that pretty good. We'll see! I read somebody else was also trying those gloves :]

Just cleared cruel labyrinth multiple times and had no issues at all, really fast and smooth. Izaro dies like butter.

I just did some PoB napkin math. The gloves with faster casting, arcane surge and inc aoe from contagion put Blight on 1642 dot dps with a duration of 3,75 seconds and 6,73 casts/s. That means we would reach the max stack of 20 after 2,9s of channeling, reaching a peak dps of 32k dps from blight. But only in a scenario where we can channel for nearly 3 seconds.
Still a good buff compared to only ED with 40k dps.

Using a breath of the council increases ED duration from 5,74s to 7,26 and Blight to 4,75. Giving much more time to stack the debuff and get max dps from it.

So yeah. I think I'll try to make room for the gloves!
Isn't The Consuming Dark Fiend Dagger a good budget weapon?
"
Zagi wrote:

imho any spelldamage dagger should be better. The only chaos hit we have is the initial ED projectile which doesn't deal a ton of damage and I don' think the poison procs of dots.
"
Kelthien wrote:
Love the build, and been playing something similar for the past few leagues! First time trying MoM though and enjoying it!

I'm in my mid-60's at the moment and hitting a survival wall. I'm looking to upgrade my gear with some cheap stuff to get me in to maps...

When I'm hunting for some basic rares, should I worry at all about armor/evasion/ES or should I really just focus on Life/Mana/Resists and ignore the rest?

Hey,

Awesome to hear bro!
Correct, ignore the rest they won't really matter, the life/res/mana does. Keep in mind that if you have MoM you need to make sure you have enough to sustain the mitigating effect according to the MoM calculator included in the guide :)
I generally don't go for MoM till im 70+

"
Skyrydexile wrote:
Hey Guys,

i choose this Build as League-Starter and i'm not an Expert in PoE. I'm now Level 40 and my Char feels really squishy and Champions/Bosses die painfully slow. So far the Leveling-Process is not funny. What am I doing wrong?

I follow the Skilltrees in the first Post and use ED (just 3L) and Contagion (2L) with Shield Charge. Also Fire Golem, Clarity and Arctic Armor.

Any Advises? It feels, that I'm doing something horribly wrong or is it the Tabula Rasa, which change the whole Experience?

Hey,

Tabula Rasa will skyrocket your damage, what support gems are you using? Do you have the skilltree set as shown in the guide? Have you done Normal Lab? Perhaps you could link your character profile and I'll personally take a look at it to help you get things sorted.

"
kompaniet wrote:
7443560 interesting stuff you got there. I am using the same amulet and also victario's boots. I plan to use those boots or a praxis ring for endgame too. Damage taken gained as mana should be a great combo with mind over matter.

I went for a wand instead of dagger as those can have cast speed and projectile speed. Does culling strike on hearthbreaker work for the damage over time of essence drain or is it only in effect for the actual hit of the projectile?

Culling Strike only counts for "hits" so not on DoT ailments :)

"
kayklown wrote:
So I played this in one of the 2 weeks between leagues, and was amazing. I choose to play it again this league, and the clear speed, amazing. How ever, my single target is absolutely brutal, even going more soft-core items and tree. If it wasn't for going for 40/40 I would be skipping most of them at this point. I wonder if there's anything else I can do to make that challenge a bit less agonizing, other then gem levels?

[Gear]

https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/3.0.0/AAAABAYCAQPuBAcEswceCPQJIA5ID6sRLREvEZYTbRQJFr8c3B2-IvQkiyaIJpUo-isKLJwy0TOHNZI2PTpYOuE8tkGHRUdFnUlPSVFJsUyzTeNTUlVLVYVVxlq5XEBd8l7AXyph4mKsaPJqQ2qMbAtsjG0ZdZ52gnxLfIN_xoCzgseD24Uyh8uIWongiw6PGo_6kUeTH5MnlS6WdJctl5WX9JrgnaqhL6IAotmjo6XLplenm7DYtNG1SLcwtz64k7yqvOq-isBmwzrIDMgUy73PFdAf18_Yvdo75ljmgetj6-Tr7u-I7-vwH_DV8kX1b_k3-ej-Cv6P?accountName=kayklown&characterName=KannibleKlown_ED

Hey,

Honestly, looking at your gear only thing you can do is up the gem lvl and use VLT, bosses are stupidly buffed in 3.0.

"
Darrothan wrote:
Wow, good guy Ghazzy responding to everyone. I really appreciate that! :)

"
Are you using a 4L or 5L?

I'm using a 6L, but one of the colors is wrong, so I'm not using the Efficacy support. I've got all the other ones, though.

"
Are the issues regarding boss kills or general map clearing?

It's a little bit of both, honestly. I have a hard time clearning blue and purple mobs, and killing each boss takes 1-2 minutes. Maybe I'm not as familiar with the skills as I should be, dunno.

This SHOULD be the link to my character (I've only got 1): https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Darrothan/characters

Also, I'm just wondering, would it be a good idea to replace the Increased duration support on the Wither Totem to a Faster Casting support or a support that increases the life of the totem (if there is one)? I don't seem to have many issues with duration --my totems die pretty quickly cuz the AI tends to focus it when I place it right in front of them.

Thanks again for the build and quick response! I just got my first exalted drop off a trash mob, too :D

Hey,

I do what I can!
Efficacy is one of the stronger supports you should really sort that one, the Pierce doesn't actually grant any damage to the build due to the Projectile => DoT changes.

You are currently running the build in a "4L" due to Pierce not doing anything but QoL addition and efficacy not being included!

Duration is more for the actual duration on the Wither, not the duration of the totems existence :)

Oh nice gratz dude!

Regarding your character, gear looks solid, Bisco's Leash belt would increase your general clear speed and damage output though.

"
I have a question about the weapon stat priorities since really the only requirement is that shield charge can be used.

Am i going with whatever has the highest spell power bonus that allows for shield charging?

Do crit rates (global crit) on daggers have any effect and if so is it really something that should be prioritized?

Also that act 5 passive tree gem reward offers that rot gem that gives 11%ish chaos damage (and other effects if within 40int range) would that be worth the two passives from killing all bandits way back when to hit that gem slot near MOM? I dont really see anything all that vital over near the templar area other than survivability....also your tree doesnt have MOM selected, i chose to go for it since my mana was excessive with good effect (thus far)

But as far as the weapon goes getting something like a scepter with elemental bonus wont increase chaos right? What about adding other elemental damage to spells modifier (have added cold damage to spells will that be added to the damage over time?)

Im really interested in how criticals effect cont and ED's DOT and if its even worth trying to get a high crit dagger with high spell power or just keep the high spell power mace or whatever im using now.

Correct, as high spell dmg as possible, you could use Breath of the Council, any rare dagger with spell dmg, Essence of Delirium crafted dagger etc etc.
Crit doesn't do anything for the DoT damage, no. :)

MoM is in the finished skilltree? I usually don't go for it till im lvl 70+ as it requires a lot of unreserved mana to sustain the full mitigating effect!

I don't think the threshold jewel is worth it, no.

Flat dmg additions would only grant extra damage when the projectile hits but not the DoT, so elemental damage or flat numbers are bad for the build.

"
7443560 wrote:

+1

"
kompaniet wrote:
"
7443560 wrote:

yes and ed was pretty bad even before 3.0 for killing bosses unless you used the poison or decay trick.
caustic arrow is in the same boat. i was struggling with t11 shaped strand bosses with a 6l and lvl 4 empower. can only imagine what it's gonna be like now.

ED got some nice support gems added as well as insanely buffed damage on both ED & Contagion, with VLT I doubt that's gonna be a problem. However, red tier maps will most likely be a pain.

"
erp_lsf wrote:
I ripped my yesterday char with 3.5k HP 700 unreserved MP after auras, lvl 70, capped resists to act 10 Kitava and wanted to ask - how you deal with it?

EDIT: Three labs done with Swift Killer, Patient Reaper, and Mana Regen major node.

Act 10 Kitava is a tough fight, be extra careful, never stand in the middle, always be on the sides and so that you can see the boss. When he places the red discoball shooting lightning you want to stay on the other side, it's just about learning the boss mechanics. Since you died, (may you rest in piece) I would recommend practising a few times in STD with the fight since it is brand new :)

"
Zagi wrote:

They changed spell dmg for fire & the poison is useless these days :)
Guides: https://www.poe-vault.com/guides/ghazzy-guide-hub
YT: https://www.youtube.com/GhazzyTV
Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/ghazzytv

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info