GhazzyTV - Essence Drain & Contagion (or Bane/Soulrend) Trickster [SC/HC/Uber Elder/Shaper]

I'm on SC, how can you wear a Death's Oath?

Do you need to cap chaos resist? If it's 6L, isn't the dot really high since it takes into account the gem's on it?

I watched the socket color trick, but how can we use that to get 6L Death's Oath, is chromes my only real chance?
Hi Ghazzy, thanks for the build and tips !

a quick feedback from my side (softcore - lvl 70):

- Levelling has been fast and smooth without any special gear, thanks
- I totally confirm your latest comment as Swift killer is maybe the best choice as first ascendency point choice (compared to your guide), even more with The Aylardex amulet (thanks to the previous poster to have highlighted this) in this case the 2 Frenzy charges points should be taken at the same time
- I didn't really understand why Walk the aether was taken as 1rst ascendency choice, I took it as second one and was surpised how the 20% cast speed boosted up my DPS and almost let me forget about Quicksilver flasks ... in this regards i still find Whirling blades decent (but for sure less fast than Shield charge) and easier to color on your main weapon (Heartbreaker as a good starting weapon, thanks again previous poster, on top of this without this f****ng Shield charge noise ;) ...)
- I think that Melding wheel nodes are taken too early, in my case the benefit was pretty low at the corresponding level, I preferred to take them after the big scion's life wheel before transition to MoM
- I also think that Arcane surge is a good choice linked to Contagion

- on the other side i found myself frustrated not to take the DPS nodes as Method to the madness and Corruption, but for the moment as a casual player I can't say that I missed it, packs falls quickly and the chain reaction from Contagion is working pretty well without any increase AoE investment from the tree, i also found convenient and secure just to DoT a boss and take time to avoid what must be and re-apply ED when needed
- i didn't yet switched to MoM, i've got no additional Mana/Mana regen nodes taken yet but my concern is that according to your MoM calculator tool i'm far from the required mana level (again i've no idea how much with my gear and tree the nodes after MoM would bring me ...5k HP - 450 unreserved mana with Clarity and Blasphemy means I need to had 1.7k mana and i don't see how it's possible ...)

- do you suggest to take all the tree nodes related to Mana/Mana regen before switching to MoM (final tree) or is it just more optimized and QoL related ?

Thanks for the job, cheers
Last edited by GranNiN on Aug 9, 2017, 3:47:27 PM
"
erp_lsf wrote:
Well, then you might find this link useful: https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/6sk37z/30_shaped_map_list/

I think it's pretty adequate list.

Looks solid to me, thank you! :)

"
xour wrote:
Hi there! I'm following your guide with some minor modifications (playing SC) and I was wondering if you could take a look at my char and advice me on its gear. I feel that my single target damage is way too weak.

Am I doing something wrong? The char name is Xour. Thanks a bunch!

Hey,

Looks fine to me tbh, you could get chaos dmg essence crafted rings for more chaos dmg, is it bosses you're having issues with? Most builds will have issues with that due to their massive HP gain. My suggestion is to only do the bosses once then ignore them for the rest of the game.

Could also switch the weapon for Breath of the Council for more dmg.

Or are you having issues with tougher rares as well? Cause that shouldn't be a problem.

"
EzBreesy wrote:
Playing this character on HC harbringer after my last one died,
I wonder about the ascendanscy I will use Patient reaper and weave the arcane, for the other two I wonder if shade form is good to take.

My main goal is to be tanky against bosses. I fear that it will be too hard to reach 30% mana as life.

When this build is finished you'll have over 6k mana ;P That won't be your problem!
Weave the Arcane is a really solid way to sustain your eHP mana pool.

Shade Form is wasted I'm afraid.

"
erp_lsf wrote:
Get Breath of the Council, get specified gems and be sure to keep up that Wither totem, that's all I can say.

+1

"
FaytePGN wrote:
I'm on SC, how can you wear a Death's Oath?

Do you need to cap chaos resist? If it's 6L, isn't the dot really high since it takes into account the gem's on it?

I watched the socket color trick, but how can we use that to get 6L Death's Oath, is chromes my only real chance?

You'll simply use Fusings on it after the socket trick.
Regarding the ability I haven't been able to try that out myself so can't say for sure.

"
GranNiN wrote:
Hi Ghazzy, thanks for the build and tips !

a quick feedback from my side (softcore - lvl 70):

- Levelling has been fast and smooth without any special gear, thanks
- I totally confirm your latest comment as Swift killer is maybe the best choice as first ascendency point choice (compared to your guide), even more with The Aylardex amulet (thanks to the previous poster to have highlighted this) in this case the 2 Frenzy charges points should be taken at the same time
- I didn't really understand why Walk the aether was taken as 1rst ascendency choice, I took it as second one and was surpised how the 20% cast speed boosted up my DPS and almost let me forget about Quicksilver flasks ... in this regards i still find Whirling blades decent (but for sure less fast than Shield charge) and easier to color on your main weapon (Heartbreaker as a good starting weapon, thanks again previous poster, on top of this without this f****ng Shield charge noise ;) ...)
- I think that Melding wheel nodes are taken too early, in my case the benefit was pretty low at the corresponding level, I preferred to take them after the big scion's life wheel before transition to MoM
- I also think that Arcane surge is a good choice linked to Contagion

- on the other side i found myself frustrated not to take the DPS nodes as Method to the madness and Corruption, but for the moment as a casual player I can't say that I missed it, packs falls quickly and the chain reaction from Contagion is working pretty well without any increase AoE investment from the tree, i also found convenient and secure just to DoT a boss and take time to avoid what must be and re-apply ED when needed
- i didn't yet switched to MoM, i've got no additional Mana/Mana regen nodes taken yet but my concern is that according to your MoM calculator tool i'm far from the required mana level (again i've no idea how much with my gear and tree the nodes after MoM would bring me ...5k HP - 450 unreserved mana with Clarity and Blasphemy means I need to had 1.7k mana and i don't see how it's possible ...)

- do you suggest to take all the tree nodes related to Mana/Mana regen before switching to MoM (final tree) or is it just more optimized and QoL related ?

Thanks for the job, cheers

Hey,

Cheers!

The 3x Grand Spectrum jewels grants you an insane ammount of flat mana which scales from your % mana increasers from the tree which brings you well over 6k mana in decent gear :)
When to take mana nodes depends on your gear & plan with your build, generally I'd recommend getting all life stuffs and when you start prepping for MoM start with the mana nodes!

Thanks bro!
Guides: https://www.poe-vault.com/guides/ghazzy-guide-hub
YT: https://www.youtube.com/GhazzyTV
Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/ghazzytv
A silly question regarding the Grand spectrum jewels,
Is it cumulative if we take 3 times the mana related one or do we need to take the 3 different ones ?

Thanks
Hey Ghazzy i am level 77 so far with this build and it is amazing so far. I was wondering what are ur thoughts on dropping the 3 mana/regen nodes in the witch start and dropping the skill effect duration to grab Corruption node. Corruption gives 74 percent increased damage which seem huge. I have Also dropped the frenzey charge and righteous decree and dynamo node for 6 extra points which i put for the increased AOE for blast radius and Amplify. I feel like the skill effect duration for 3 points is not needed since were gonna re apply the debuff anyways with in 4 seconds and the AOE increase is pretty noticable on contagion. all said the nodes i dropped were +1 max frenzy charges 45 percent skill effect duration 30 percent increased mana regeneration and 72 percent increased mana for a gain of 74 percent increased damage for ED and 36 percent increased AOE. I find this better because the skill effect i dont see being that usefull and the plus 1 frenzy charges is useless for bossing since it wont be up. Anyways i just wanna know ur thoughts for this the tree that i am opting to go for is this

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/3.0.0/AAAABAYCAAQHBLMHHgj0CSAOSBEtES8RlhNtFAkWvxzcIvQmiCaVKPoqUysKLJwy0TWSNj06WDrhPAU8tj1fQYdFR0WdSU9JUUmxTLNN41JTUq9TUlVLVcZauVxAXfJfKmHiYpVirGf8akNqjGwLbIxtGXWedoJ8g3_GgLOCx4PbhTKHy4sOjxqP-pFHkyeVLpctl5WX9Jrgnaqf36EvogCi2aOjplenm6yYsNiycLQMtNG1SLcwtz64k7tNvKq86r6KwGbIDMgUytPLvc8V0B_Xz9i92jvdX-aB62Pr5Ovu73zviO_r8B_w1fJF9W_31_k3-ej-Cv6P
Last edited by kingjamil on Aug 9, 2017, 8:21:23 PM
"
Ghazzy wrote:
Hey,

Looks fine to me tbh, you could get chaos dmg essence crafted rings for more chaos dmg, is it bosses you're having issues with? Most builds will have issues with that due to their massive HP gain. My suggestion is to only do the bosses once then ignore them for the rest of the game.

Could also switch the weapon for Breath of the Council for more dmg.

Or are you having issues with tougher rares as well? Cause that shouldn't be a problem.
Hey thanks for your reply. Just map bosses, even on lower T4/5 maps takes quite a while to go down. But I guess that is to be expected now that you mention it. Thanks!
So what would your gear options be for every slot? Your video guide shows 2.6 gear and your 3.0 guide here only shows leveling uniques.
"
AzgarthX wrote:
So what would your gear options be for every slot? Your video guide shows 2.6 gear and your 3.0 guide here only shows leveling uniques.

I'm wondering this too. Pretty confused what gear type you should focus on. I've just gone for the type that gives me the easiest gem colors.
Hey there, thanks for your guide I found it easy to follow!

I'm currently level 79 and I feel like I'm lacking in my DPS.

Was wondering if you could take a peak at my gear and maybe point out if there's something not right? If not no biggy, still appreciate your guide!

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/sibbleTV/characters?characterName=sibbleTV

http://i.imgur.com/N7dYbOr.jpg?1

Thanks!
Last edited by sibbleTV on Aug 9, 2017, 11:08:58 PM
Hey Ghazzy,

Just a short thank you post for the time and effort you've put into making the build, documenting it, keeping it up-to-date and answering the million questions.

I just returned after taking a break for a few years and just loving this build!

Cheers!
Proud Kiwi

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info