GhazzyTV - Essence Drain & Contagion (or Bane/Soulrend) Trickster [SC/HC/Uber Elder/Shaper]

"
anvilgod wrote:

1. mob density doesn't make a difference
2. you can't even use lvl 20+ gems until you're lvl 60+
3. empower is not even needed because op didnt use it in showcase.

I'm gonna report back after I get to maps. Tabula is not even that expensive and you should put it as a priority when saving up currency.

1. I thought it spread from mob 1 to mob 2 due to the vicinity of mob 2 when mob 1 died (Assuming mob 2 did not get him by contagion). Maybe I'm wrong on that one :-)
2. My bad. I meant quality 20 gems, not level. Again - not possible to buy at league start.
3. He mentions pierce or empower in the 1st post. With the minor nerf (?) to pierce I guessed Empower may be better at high levels?

I know Tabula isn't expensive in the grand scheme of things ... but most are around 15c-20c ... where do I get that sort of currency at start of league when I'm only lvl 50 on 1 character?

Anyway ... all I can report is that I'm not seeing "clear speed to hilarious levels" as mentioned in the 1st post. Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but I don't think this build is better at clearing than my previous builds. And that's why I made this build choice - to get to Maps and clear really fast to get gear for my other builds. I'm not moaning (much ;-) ) ... I just don't think the build is "OP" or "Meta" or whatever.
I've gotten to level 58so far in the new league. It is a bit slow and cumbersome on leveling. But, I took the exceptional performance cluster and it smoothed out the awkwardness of contagion spreading ed by a lot. Now when I'm in a clustered area it just spreads like wild fire. Plus, it lasts longer on bigger mobs/bosses which allows me to just run around and not get hit. I'll report back once I start mapping, probably today.
"
zedzed_uk wrote:
"
anvilgod wrote:

1. mob density doesn't make a difference
2. you can't even use lvl 20+ gems until you're lvl 60+
3. empower is not even needed because op didnt use it in showcase.

I'm gonna report back after I get to maps. Tabula is not even that expensive and you should put it as a priority when saving up currency.

1. I thought it spread from mob 1 to mob 2 due to the vicinity of mob 2 when mob 1 died (Assuming mob 2 did not get him by contagion). Maybe I'm wrong on that one :-)
2. My bad. I meant quality 20 gems, not level. Again - not possible to buy at league start.
3. He mentions pierce or empower in the 1st post. With the minor nerf (?) to pierce I guessed Empower may be better at high levels?

I know Tabula isn't expensive in the grand scheme of things ... but most are around 15c-20c ... where do I get that sort of currency at start of league when I'm only lvl 50 on 1 character?

Anyway ... all I can report is that I'm not seeing "clear speed to hilarious levels" as mentioned in the 1st post. Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but I don't think this build is better at clearing than my previous builds. And that's why I made this build choice - to get to Maps and clear really fast to get gear for my other builds. I'm not moaning (much ;-) ) ... I just don't think the build is "OP" or "Meta" or whatever.

I saved up for tabula at lvl 54 (20c). Bought 15% essence drain for 2 fusings. I can safely tell you that it's a smooth ride from tabula onwards so just keep grinding. Moreover, tabula is also an investment for future characters (since it's such an exceptional leveling item).

One of the factors in high clear speed is your movement speed. Using whirling blades allows you to literally "fly" through maps since the first ascendancy node you take grants you free movement skill usage. All you gotta do is "curse" a trash pack with contagion, pop an essence drain and they will melt away while you go for the next pack. You don't even have to get back to check if they are dead. They will be DEAD. In the end, you just gotta get used to this playstyle.
i have a question i saw so many people play with "the consuming dark fiend dagger" and blasphemy-enfeeble-vulnerability-temporal chains link on low life/ci version. Idk why so many people play with this,maybe it's better or what? Anyone know link for that build version, this ghazzy version build is same strong or maybe not? Idk...
Last edited by Berkelll on Sep 6, 2016, 12:51:29 PM
"
i have a question i saw so many people play with "the consuming dark fiend dagger" and blasphemy-enfeeble-vulnerability-temporal chains link on low life/ci version. Idk why so many people play with this,maybe it's better or what? Anyone know link for that build version, this ghazzy version build is same strong or maybe not? Idk...

You need above-average equipment with a decent amount of ES when playing the CI version...this version is cheaper and better for starting league because it's life-based.
On what would you spend your first two exile orbs you would earn in new league?

I'm still during leveling phase.
Lvl 76 now, build plateau'd at Tier 5. Tier 6 maps are tedious, tier 7 the wheels completely come off this build. Low defense due to all the uniques, and mobs dont die fast enough to spread ED reliably. THis is with 6 link tabula, i have pretty much everything OP does except rathpith. and i cant imagine that making much difference.

Edit: Made some tweaks to the build and capped resistances. pushing through T9 maps now. About to try a T10.
Last edited by Eternltorture on Sep 9, 2016, 3:08:02 AM
I tried this build in Essence League...now i'm lvl 70...very low clear speed, new maps have chaos res mobs and bosses, etc. The worst map clear speed i'd ever seen.

Nvm, thanks to the author.

Update on my character progression:

Gear:

Spoiler

Currently level 77, farming T4-T6 maps. Can't agree with above replies about low clear speed and survivability. This is not a tank build and you are not supposed to stand in the middle of the pack (because what would be the use of whirling blades then??). I guess some people are not used to this kind of playstyle.

Oh, and merciless izaro was ez: http://prnt.sc/cfpma9

Upgrades I'm still working on:

- cap resists (not bothering with those cuz im saving up for rathpith's globe)
- buy rathpith's globe
- get gems to level 20
- get 20% quality on all gems
- get a +1 tabula
- eventually replace pierce with empower
- get some more nodes for spell dmg and cast speed
- get more life (4k now)
- finish uber izaro for patient reaper (even more dmg)

After all these upgrades, I'm sure the build can push to T10 maps. Will post again after a while.

EDIT: Cleared the new T7 geyser and T8 dunes map. Moderate clear speed with low risk.
Last edited by anvilgod on Sep 8, 2016, 3:13:44 PM
I am currently level 80 and doing fine. I am wondering why this build is not using a curse? Why are we not using temp chains or vulnerability?

Thanks.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info