GhazzyTV - Essence Drain & Contagion (or Bane/Soulrend) Trickster [SC/HC/Uber Elder/Shaper]

QUICK NOTE FOR EVERYONE:

I've been super sick hence the lack of responses during the past 4 days. I've decided to only handle youtube comments till all my guides have been updated (will be done live on stream actually) as soon as we recieve the patch notes middle of next week!
Guides: https://www.poe-vault.com/guides/ghazzy-guide-hub
YT: https://www.youtube.com/GhazzyTV
Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/ghazzytv
"
ztathor wrote:

(farm)
(bosses)

Hi there :D

I follow this build on Abyss SC and i realy like it, i have a lot of fun playing it !

Right now i struggle a lot for doing tier 13+, i have a lot of currency and i want to upgrade what i have but i don't know anymore what i must do, i know i lack of flat HP, my main problem is my lack of strength (my amulet is almost blocked on his spot). If you have some suggestions i'll take it happily :D

Again thanks for this build :D

lvl21 ED
new abyss jewel for belt with DoT
higher %chaos dmg Breath of the Council

About the strength ... I don't have a single item with strength. I guess your problem comes from the higher level of shield charge, which you don't really need. You can use a lvl1 shield charge.

A new uberlab enchanment for the gloves would help too a bit.

Else your items are very good.
Imo CoD is an option mostly for HC. Tabula (or any armour with correct slot collors) with +1 to gems corruption and offensive jewells in skill tree is a good option for SC.
Hi again my friend :) I wanna try another build from your hand and probobly it will be this one (seems very power full as league starter/SSF char) :) I have one question about poison. If ED apply poison on first target the contagion will spread it to the rest of monsters? Cuz if yes assasin ascendancy can be a rly nice choose for this build with this upgrade for new league. What do u think??
"
MisFilemon wrote:
Hi again my friend :) I wanna try another build from your hand and probobly it will be this one (seems very power full as league starter/SSF char) :) I have one question about poison. If ED apply poison on first target the contagion will spread it to the rest of monsters? Cuz if yes assasin ascendancy can be a rly nice choose for this build with this upgrade for new league. What do u think??

Poison is sadly not spread by Contagion, only itself & Essence Drain.

Awesome to hear!

I'll be updating the guide when we get patch notes.
Guides: https://www.poe-vault.com/guides/ghazzy-guide-hub
YT: https://www.youtube.com/GhazzyTV
Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/ghazzytv
My 1st 89..Question..I am 3 pts away from Whispers, wondering if the importance of that is more than Potency of will and the duration nodes with it. I was going to respec those 3 to get to WoD, and then go back and get Potency of will after WoD, Does that make sense? Either way I'll be at one or the other in 3 pts. Just me being ocd :)

On a hunt for end game rings now. Also trying to 6l my CoD I have.
Last edited by Badtwo on Feb 25, 2018, 9:50:00 PM
Hi Ghazzy!
What do you think about the trickster ascendancy reveal?
"
Klintisztvud wrote:
Hi Ghazzy!

I'm interested to hear what Ghazzy thinks too, but I'm pretty happy about it. "Swift Killer" didn't change. They rolled the old "Walk the Aether" into "Weave the Arcane" at the cost of a decrease from 8% to 6% damage reduction and losing 50% mana regen. And "Patient Reaper" got a major buff. If we include the old lead in node to "Patient Reaper", the new DoT buff went from 40% to 50%, and the "recover X on kill" bonuses are new. These recovery stats will likely balance out the changes in "Weave the Arcane".

The only other difference is that in the process of getting all 8 nodes in the old Ascendancy we would have picked up an additional 8% max mana and 4% cast speed. With the extra two points in the new Ascendancy we can grab nodes 1 and 5 for 20% DoT and 8% cast speed or nodes 4 and 5 for 25% DoT, 4% cast speed, 20% duration, and 10% reduced DoT damage taken. This second option will probably be the better of the two.

So I think that while the mechanics have slightly shifted, essentially the new Trickster Ascendancy lets us complete the build in 6 points instead of 8. Looking at all 8 points in the new Ascendancy vs the old, the main change is that we lost 8% max mana while gaining 35% increased damage. This continues the admin's strategy of making mana harder to come by while increasing the build's damage (see the changes they made to MoM last time the passive tree got updated).

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2036284
Last edited by kevinbrightblade on Feb 26, 2018, 9:11:54 AM
Can you Run this build as starter for 3.2
"
"
Klintisztvud wrote:
Hi Ghazzy!

I'm interested to hear what Ghazzy thinks too, but I'm pretty happy about it. "Swift Killer" didn't change. They rolled the old "Walk the Aether" into "Weave the Arcane" at the cost of a decrease from 8% to 6% damage reduction and losing 50% mana regen. And "Patient Reaper" got a major buff. If we include the old lead in node to "Patient Reaper", the new DoT buff went from 40% to 50%, and the "recover X on kill" bonuses are new. These recovery stats will likely balance out the changes in "Weave the Arcane".

The only other difference is that in the process of getting all 8 nodes in the old Ascendancy we would have picked up an additional 8% max mana and 4% cast speed. With the extra two points in the new Ascendancy we can grab nodes 1 and 5 for 20% DoT and 8% cast speed or nodes 4 and 5 for 25% DoT, 4% cast speed, 20% duration, and 10% reduced DoT damage taken. This second option will probably be the better of the two.

So I think that while the mechanics have slightly shifted, essentially the new Trickster Ascendancy lets us complete the build in 6 points instead of 8. Looking at all 8 points in the new Ascendancy vs the old, the main change is that we lost 8% max mana while gaining 35% increased damage. This continues the admin's strategy of making mana harder to come by while increasing the build's damage (see the changes they made to MoM last time the passive tree got updated).

Rather bad changes for this build imo.
8% less mana, 50% less mana regen, a bit less attack/cast speed ... is less survivability against bosses. The gains are mostly towards maps farming.
The extra DoT from charges is now extra damage.

Else 20% more DoT, 20% more skill effect duration (this is a big plus!), recovery per kill (good for mapping only)

Total: The build needed more power against bosses, as it was an excellent map farmer. Got 20% skill duration and lost lots of mana and mana regen.

I will probably look for some other of Ghazzy's builds for next league.
"
Thalido wrote:
"
"
Klintisztvud wrote:
Hi Ghazzy!

Rather bad changes for this build imo.
8% less mana, 50% less mana regen, a bit less attack/cast speed ... is less survivability against bosses. The gains are mostly towards maps farming.
The extra DoT from charges is now extra damage.

Else 20% more DoT, 20% more skill effect duration (this is a big plus!), recovery per kill (good for mapping only)

Total: The build needed more power against bosses, as it was an excellent map farmer. Got 20% skill duration and lost lots of mana and mana regen.

I will probably look for some other of Ghazzy's builds for next league.

What other build looks soo fine as a league starter ??

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info