GhazzyTV - Essence Drain & Contagion (or Bane/Soulrend) Trickster [SC/HC/Uber Elder/Shaper]

"
broncean wrote:
Hi guys,

this is my first ever Season and I picked this build and have to say i´m loving it.

So please excuse me if this question is stupid but, I seem to be missing something.

I read people talking about their ED tooltip damage in hideout being roughly somewhere between 30-40k/sec, mine is at 9.1k/sec.

Any advice what i´m doing wrong?

Thanks in advance.

Current Gear

im using tabula without empower im on 7.7k ...
Guys you are looking on the wromg tooltip damage of ED. The 7k or 9k is the initial hit damage. A bit below you see the damage per second which should be around 30k -40k.

Greetings
can someone help me with lvling
its hard to get 60 bcz of low dmg.
I cant even farm Kaom's Stronghold bcz its soooooo slow
iv got like 250 dmg :\
Last edited by theMaurizzio on Dec 21, 2017, 9:10:03 AM
"
marki890 wrote:
Hello Ghazzy,

Thanks for your prompt reply as always. Maybe some more feedback to improve your guide. Even if it is a very well written guide!

Maybe you can add some FAQ for often asked questiom like
Question: I am stucking at T9 or my damage against boss feel low.
Answer: Use Alleopathy gloves with Blight to melt bosses.

(I know not the best example)

Maybe this can help to reduce the same question over and over again.

I know it is easy to say that and I also see that you really put alot of effort in you guides.

If you dont like the idea just forget it :)

Regards

Hey,

I do what I can, as always!

Problem with a FAQ is that I am limited in the ammount of words I'm allowed to use in the guides.. :/
I do appreciate the feedback though and trust me, If there was enough room I would.

"
gingermanx wrote:
I'm am currently level 74
maxed res 4.8k hp 500 armour and im getting one shotted everywhere
im using tabula breath of the council rathpith and allepoathy gloves
what am i doing wrong

What maps are you getting one shot in? O,O at lvl 74 you should be able to do pretty much all Yellow tier maps without any problems.

Also, keep in mind that this is far away from a tanky build, don't shield charge in to enemies directly if you can avoid it.

"
marki890 wrote:
Hi Gingermanx,

I was in a same situation. It helped me alot to run the CWDT + Immortal Call setup ( keep booth gems on lvl 1) after that the oneshot should be quiet rare.

Sometimes I died to often because I was whirling into mobs so I changed my curse setup to Blasphemy + Enfeeble.

With that changes I feel much more confident and nearly never die up to T10 maps.

Btw. Armor doesnt count much on that build.

Hopefully that can help a bit.

I prefer lvl 3 CWDT with lvl 5 IC but yeah that's a must and is included in the guide accordingly! :D

"
arknath wrote:
I am struggling a lot vs the Elder in red maps and struggle to see how I should be able to take him down without being lucky. I get him down to 30%-ish each try but then I run out of portals. Starting to doubt if ED has enough dps and survivability to do that encounter. Just takes too long time.

48.5K chaos damage/sec in hideout 5.3k hp 2.7k mana.

Starting to think I should run some life on jewels instead of the grand spectrums. I have a little bit of life to get from a better ring and maybe gloves. The blight setup doesn't feel like a help vs elder as it is hard to stand still there at all. The lightpoacher health recover is helpful and also gives even better map clear. Not sure if I am willing to give up that since I also have uber lab enchant on it. Any ideas?

Well, I always opt back to using a +1 Tabula even in hardcore since it gives so much nice dmg. Also important note:
The build is designed for clear speed not boss killing. If you wish to kill bosses easily you want to use a +2 or +3 chaos gem lvl staff!

"
T4R3 wrote:
Where should skill points be put after getting Cloak of Defiance? or just keep MoM mana pool wise?

Need the mana :) Specially with CoD.

"
Karisma91 wrote:
What's the point of going Cloak of defiance? We are right next to MoM anyways. Just for the 4 skill point refund?

30% MoM vs 40% MoM with CoD.

"
Badtwo wrote:
"
Hey,

There we go!
You only have a 3L for your Essence Drain, that makes a huge difference tbh. Try to hunt down a 4L at least.

VLT needs to be cast manually as vaal spells can't trigger from CWDT.

The CWDT should be lvl 3 and Immortal Call lvl 5 if you want to follow my personal preference, though it comes down to a matter of taste in the end. Everything else should be maxed out.

I got myself 2 4L's to help my gemming and moved some stuff around...the 2 added Gems are a huge help. A few more Chaos and I can get a Tabula and complete gems for leveling. Thank you for the help and the answers ( Im a noob ..lul) I'll be back with more I am sure!

Oh one more question..should I keep maxing out all the gems ( I will keep CWDT at 1/3 when I start using it..) I am worried I will max the wrong one too high and run into mana issues. Right now there is zero problem.

Hey,

My pleasure bro!

Only need to think about Arcane surge, CWDT & IC rest are maxed.

"
akattom wrote:
Hi! I'm a first-time ED-Trickster player. I followed your build from the start with a few tweaks on some of the gem combinations to my comfort.

Okay, so I think I kinda went full-retard and meme-ed things up too much by grabbing as much life nodes as well as life-gears as cheaply as possible. Currently level 89 with 5.9k hp, 1.9k ES and 2.6k mana (1.7k unrserved for blasphemy-temporal) but with no other investments in defenses other than upping my pools. DPS on ED in hideout says around 17k, though some of support gems aren't fully leveled yet. I'm also using an awkward iron will support gem on my 6L since I'm wearing that corrupted regalia cause I got it very cheap, and thought it had great stats on it.

I'm having trouble dealing with bosses above T11 maps and I just realized that I lacked hard damage for them, so far the only strong bosses I've only fought and defeated were Uber Izaro and normal Atziri. But it scares me to take on the elder or uber atziri, seeing how I could barely handle T11 map bosses.

I was wondering which gears should I replace and upgrade, Which of my gem set-ups can I improve and what dps on ED should I aim for to take into the end-game. I think I can sacrifice 8-10 skill points to grab Method to madness (chaos nodes below shadow) for more damage.

I honestly don't know how to move forward correctly with my character.

Obviously getting more dmg whereever possible will help, however, important again to point out: The build is designed for clear speed purpose in a cheap manner, if you want to make bosses fall to ehri knees = go with a +2 or +3 chaos gem lvl staff.

"
marki890 wrote:
Hi akkathom,

Please refer to the guide a bit. Get a tabula with +1 socket gems and also use the correct setup for alleopathy gloves.

Also you are missing the wither setup.

Overall you have alot of unuseful gems/ links for that build.( life leech, iron will....)

Finally the last levels of the gems are a real damage boost.

Greets

And this. :)

"
S3N1A wrote:

right now trying to get 6link cloak . btw any suggestions what to upgrade ?i have 5.3k hp 3.7k mana and 660 es . In the passive tree i decided to refund frenzy charge nodes and use them on Corruption node ring.

i really want beat shaper with this build .

For slightly slower clear speed but more direct dmg, yes.

I'd recommend keeping the +1 Tabula if you wish to have more dps for bosses later on.
If your goal is shaper or other end-game bosses, please refer to the statements about getting a +2 or +3 chaos gem lvl staff instead.

"
Millennium wrote:
What do you guys think about the new abyss body armour, shroud of the lightless? Elemental penetration affix seems to be a waste but all the other mods looks useful for the build, especially increased life and mana.

Or is lack of 6l just too much dps loss?

+ lvls are too strong to give up imo.

"
Fuur wrote:
I've wondered this for some time and havent been able to find a answer.

How do we get endurance charges for the immortal call with CWDT?

And what level do you guys level your CWDT gem and immortal call?

You don't need Endurance Charges as it will only proc it's base duration which is enough to keep you safe from Porcupines and/or Bone Husks.

I prefer: lvl 3 CWDT with lvl 5 IC.

"
MrJericho wrote:
Hey, I put huge investment in this build and Its really interesting but I have somme problems with DPS on high tier maps (>T12) My tooltip DPS in hideout is ~10k, 4,6k HP, 0,7k ES, 2k Evasion (12k with flasks) and capped all res. Dunno how I can boost damage higher (I tought its a problem with my gems since they all are at 0q and at 19lvl). Could someone give me any advice? This is my gear:

"
Fuur wrote:
I've wondered this for some time and havent been able to find a answer.

How do we get endurance charges for the immortal call with CWDT?

And what level do you guys level your CWDT gem and immortal call?

You can check my gem combination with CWDT on my helmet.

Issues with bosses or the maps themselves?

Getting extra dmg wherever possible will help obviously but if it's bosses you're referring to the build will fall off a bit at those tiers and above and needs to be retweaked if you're aiming for boss farming.

"
Morphl1 wrote:
i feel like im missing something..

the build mentions the Allelopathy gloves as well as the Rot jewels, but i am not seeing in the links or a mention of Blight.. is this a swap gem for bosses? or what am i missing please?

Derp pls disregard and ignore that im a noob.. blights on the gloves lol /facepalm

:D

"
Badtwo wrote:
"
It's probably an enchant on your gloves. Did you use the enchant device at the end of the labyrinth?Check the implicit stats on your gloves/boots/helm.

I did use the glove enchant device at the end of Lab! That explains it..geez..I went thru all my Spells/Gems over and over and could not for the life of me figure that one out ( which is why I had to ask) :) I checked all I had recently changed, completely forgot about the glove enchant. Thank you !

Word Of Reflection

Don't I feel embarrassed now...

After going through all my build guide threads to respond to everything this made me laugh <3
Thank you :D

I was confused the first time I saw it as well >.<

"
statik88 wrote:
Thanks for build!! One question so far...how do you use shield charge with wand?

You can't, if you use a wand you need to use Flame Dash instead.

"
broncean wrote:
Hi guys,

this is my first ever Season and I picked this build and have to say i´m loving it.

So please excuse me if this question is stupid but, I seem to be missing something.

I read people talking about their ED tooltip damage in hideout being roughly somewhere between 30-40k/sec, mine is at 9.1k/sec.

Thanks in advance.

Current Gear

You are looking at the DPS of the ability which only takes the initial projectile hit in to consideration. You need to hover over the ability and read the mods in the list and look for the "Damage over time" mod which will show you it's actual DPS :)

"
Skippsy wrote:
is there a way or build guide to use this with a staff to get more damage? possibly using leap slam as movement skill instead of shield charge or whirling blades?

Can use the same approach just switch out for a staff instead and use Flame Dash :)

"
gingermanx wrote:
"
broncean wrote:
Hi guys,

Thanks in advance.

Current Gear

im using tabula without empower im on 7.7k ...

Same problem here, check the mod list when you hover over the ability!

"
marki890 wrote:
Guys you are looking on the wromg tooltip damage of ED. The 7k or 9k is the initial hit damage. A bit below you see the damage per second which should be around 30k -40k.

Greetings

This! :D

"
theMaurizzio wrote:
can someone help me with lvling
its hard to get 60 bcz of low dmg.
I cant even farm Kaom's Stronghold bcz its soooooo slow
iv got like 250 dmg :\

Hey,

Make your character profile non-private so that we may help you! (pathofexile website => account settings => privacy or something). Make sure we can look at your characters there
Guides: https://www.poe-vault.com/guides/ghazzy-guide-hub
YT: https://www.youtube.com/GhazzyTV
Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/ghazzytv
What level Immortal call/Cast when damage taken should be?
Thanks for the build guide. It's the first of this type that I've tried and has been really fun to play. Thanks also to all of you who have been so active in answering everyone's questions.
"
gingermanx wrote:

Scroll up a bit on the same page and you'll find your answer.
i unprivated my profile, help please guys :)
"
gingermanx wrote:

Depends, Immortal Call as high as CwDT allows (look at CWDT tooltip, there it says what the max level requirement of the supported skill can be. you can check if CWDT works by assigning the skill that should be auto casted to a button, if it's greyed out CWDT works, you can't cast the skill manuanlly. If it looks normal the skill in question is too high lvl). Regarding CWCT you should look at how much dmg it needs to proc... Doing T8 maps now, 7k EHP and my CWDT is @ 1200 dmg, I will level that higher when I get to t10 maps. You don't want it to proc from every bullshit, bcs then it's on CD when you take a big hit.
A good way to find out is too let a single mob hit you, if your life barely drops and it goes off, it's too low (CWDT). I usually aim for around 20% of my EHP
Last edited by Lexodus on Dec 21, 2017, 5:15:15 PM
@Ghazzy really appreciate the effort you put into answering all those questions, registered for twitch and gave you a follow, that's all my broke ass can do ;)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info