GhazzyTV - THE Spectre Summoner [LOW & HIGH BUDGET VERSIONS]

I've had terrible time finding high ES shield. I do think that big problem with Atizi run is player error. I'm used to doing Atziri with face tanker or totems or traps. This is a different paradigm.
Censored.
Hi, any advices on where to go from there ? Not bored yet, the build is good and can go far imo.

Currently lvl 82. Haven't done a proper atziri run yet since we can't farm docks anymore.
Just ran a unidentified Residence with zana rampage + beyond prophecy without problems.

I'm using this shield for the moment, might change for an ES one soon. Surviving is not really a problem for now.

I'm also using this amulet since I don't really need more for now :

Still have to buy good jewels, but the + minion damage / + % life ones cost 1ex, sooooo... not for now.

Full gear :
Spoiler

Why don't you take Curse effect instead of curse cast speed ? Not worth the 1 point ?

Tree :
i was looking at the skill trees as well,

and ingame i reached the finished skill tree (108 points) at level 87,
if i add the last 12 skill points (at 99), i get a total of 120, however, the calculator points out 123 is the total.

In this build we chose to help oak in Act1 normal, (taking the 40 life and leaving that 1 point) so i wonder where i could be missing 2 points?

i finished all the quests.
Last edited by steve444 on Jul 6, 2016, 2:44:52 AM
"
Pandaroux wrote:

Why don't you take Curse effect instead of curse cast speed ? Not worth the 1 point ?

curse effect > everything else related to curses .

no matter what cursing is a quarter second affair.

either you get them all on in a quarter second and benefit
the thing you cursed lasts longer than a quarter second and you benefit
or the thing you tried to curse died faster than a quarter second and therefore .. why did you need to curse it?

so curse cast speed and curse duration are effectively dead stats . especially so if you use curse on hit.

however you want curse effect to pierce boss curse resistances . because curse effect is additive. bosses are at -60% curse effectiveness. so those two 5% curse effect nodes bring it up to -50%. now you go from 40% effective curses to 50% effective curses . vs bosses which is what a 25% boost when you think about it rather than 10%

this is the bread and butter of proper cursing. if you are even a little serious about curses . curse effect is never a bad investment

hell, if you roll 3 curses or even 2 curses . i would seriously consider delaying any extra planned jewel slots you might want just for skittering runes , that bubble is extremely powerful
Last edited by Saltychipmunk on Jul 6, 2016, 3:55:55 PM
"
kolyaboo wrote:
I don't understand. I'm using mana for MoM so it helps me survive ALOT. I tried reserving more mana and w/out the big mana pool uber Izzy killed me.

I'll fool around more with this character once league ends. I got my monkey and I'm happy. I've enjoyed playing and getting this far in the league so fast, but I'm moving on to another build for variety (I like the league). Only problem I had is with Atziri herself. Easily killed twins and trio (very fast and safe) but her? Uh uh. She one-shotted spectres and zombies and I might have done better w/PoF and/or Saffells (which I haven't found in this league but could have easily bought).

PoF is a huge help here.

I still don't understand how mana is helping you since we use ES to cover our mana pool and is also used to pay for our skill cost?

"
Saltychipmunk wrote:
she one shot your minions? were their resistances capped ?

also the reason not to use mana is that under this build you have no free mana. mom is working with your energy shield via EB , not with your mana.
you reserve 98% of your mana pool with hatred, discipline and Arctic armour this leaves you with 2 - 3k energy shield which acts as your mana pool.

thus none of your mana nodes matter,

Fire res cap is enough as they shouldn't be hit by more than 1 lightning strike which they'll survive.

Regarding MoM / Mana, again, I still don't understand why you ( @kolyaboo ) think it helps? You don't have any mana when you are following this build, you are literally reserving 98% of it. So if you have 1000 mana you only have 20 left. So if that 1000 is increased to 10,000 you ll have 200 mana left which is first of impossible and secondly only providing you with 180 more eHP via MoM which only covers 30% effeciency of your gain and if your unreserved mana and/or ES via EB is above 43.25% of your life pool those extra 180 mana won't make any difference what so ever.

I will refer you to my MoM calculator but still, you don't have mana with this build, could you please elaborate what you are talking about? :S (still refering to @kolyaboo)

"
kolyaboo wrote:
I've had terrible time finding high ES shield. I do think that big problem with Atizi run is player error. I'm used to doing Atziri with face tanker or totems or traps. This is a different paradigm.

It does take a very specific playstyle to make it as a summoner, could watch my stream and/or my youtube vids for some more knowledge of it!
And again, I can't stress enough that I need and want to know what you are talking about regarding mana being beneficial? It absolutely isn't.

"
Pandaroux wrote:
Hi, any advices on where to go from there ? Not bored yet, the build is good and can go far imo.

Currently lvl 82. Haven't done a proper atziri run yet since we can't farm docks anymore.
Just ran a unidentified Residence with zana rampage + beyond prophecy without problems.

I'm using this shield for the moment, might change for an ES one soon. Surviving is not really a problem for now.

I'm also using this amulet since I don't really need more for now :

Still have to buy good jewels, but the + minion damage / + % life ones cost 1ex, sooooo... not for now.

Full gear :
Spoiler

Tree :

Keep the Victario's Charity approach, drop the amulet for stats increasing amulet to hit those sweet spots for dexterity which should open up for both easier and better gearing on all your other pieces as well as providing a possibility for higher HP and ES gain from the rare amulet slot.

I love the glove enchant! ;)
Rest of your gear is alrightish but should consider minion dmg enchant (bench) on your gloves if possible!

Summoners are very socket starved this goes for the skilltree as well, we have our minion nodes then we got our set aura nodes, after this we can only scale our effeciency via jewels, so the fewer points we take in utility means higher effeciency in the end. Most of the times enemies are dead before your curse even comes close, which includes EE proc. I've added curses just to get a slight increase of dmg and survivability as well as EE vs those harder enemies. This of course includes cursing "non-reflect-bothered-curses" vs Atziri who has a 60% curse effect reduction which means our curses barely do anything to her in the first place. What i mean by that is that i use curses that doesn't affect myself such as Enfeeble (since I don't do the dmg) and EW if I'm capped vs Elemental Weakness. (Atziri has a 100% curse reflect with full effeciency in all phases.)

"
steve444 wrote:
i was looking at the skill trees as well,

and ingame i reached the finished skill tree (108 points) at level 87,
if i add the last 12 skill points (at 99), i get a total of 120, however, the calculator points out 123 is the total.

In this build we chose to help oak in Act1 normal, (taking the 40 life and leaving that 1 point) so i wonder where i could be missing 2 points?

i finished all the quests.

Basically, when the build is finished you just focus mainly on Jewel slots. Before the patch it took quiet some time to hit lvl 100, as many people know, summoners are not the fastest builds around which means fewer people will bother to bring this type of build above lvl 95. I did lvl 100 on a summoner though! :P
After the patch for exp penalties it is even harder (takes ages...) to hit lvl 100, which is why I made a finished build earlier than lvl 100.

You are correct with Oak saved we are left with 122 points for the lvl 100 chasers!

"
Saltychipmunk wrote:
"
Pandaroux wrote:

curse effect > everything else related to curses .

no matter what cursing is a quarter second affair.

either you get them all on in a quarter second and benefit
the thing you cursed lasts longer than a quarter second and you benefit
or the thing you tried to curse died faster than a quarter second and therefore .. why did you need to curse it?

so curse cast speed and curse duration are effectively dead stats . especially so if you use curse on hit.

however you want curse effect to pierce boss curse resistances . because curse effect is additive. bosses are at -60% curse effectiveness. so those two 5% curse effect nodes bring it up to -50%. now you go from 40% effective curses to 50% effective curses . vs bosses which is what a 25% boost when you think about it rather than 10%

this is the bread and butter of proper cursing. if you are even a little serious about curses . curse effect is never a bad investment

hell, if you roll 3 curses or even 2 curses . i would seriously consider delaying any extra planned jewel slots you might want just for skittering runes , that bubble is extremely powerful

Depends on the approach, as stated in a few quotes above, the curses are only there for slight utility gain to the build but is only truly effecient for this type of build in higher end game tier maps where enemies should still be dropping before your curse really makes any effect, which includes EE.

So it leaves our curses to be used in boss fights like Atziri, who has a 60% curse effect reduction.

Outside of that, I personally prefer to save in skillpoints for a non-curse-focused summoner build to be put to use elsewhere as we are a skillpoint & socket starved class.

Your calculations and way of seeing it is absolutely correct, however, atziri should drop so fast that the effeciency behind the curses are kind of w/e compared to the effeciency behind EE which is the big part of our burst capabilities.
Due to jewels being consistent permanent dmg increase compared to curses situational dmg increase I personally prefer jewels over curse effectiveness for summoner builds. Like I said, this is not a curse focused summoner build. It's merely there for utility.

In the end, as I always say;
If you wish to play this build in a different way than I'm displaying which is my personally prefered approach. By all means, do it! The game is suppose to be fun, if you have more fun going with another approach gogogogo! :D
Guides: https://www.poe-vault.com/guides/ghazzy-guide-hub
YT: https://www.youtube.com/GhazzyTV
Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/ghazzytv
that still leaves the question, where the hell did i miss a skill point?

108 pts at lvl 87, lvl 100 is max (not 99,) so thats, 13 more: we reach 121,
we didnt kill oak, so .. 1 more point, 122, still one short of 123?

anyone who got this detailed out better then me? caus it still doesnt compute
Last edited by steve444 on Jul 7, 2016, 3:44:43 AM
"
steve444 wrote:
that still leaves the question, where the hell did i miss a skill point?

108 pts at lvl 87, lvl 100 is max (not 99,) so thats, 13 more: we reach 121,
we didnt kill oak, so .. 1 more point, 122, still one short of 123?

anyone who got this detailed out better then me? caus it still doesnt compute

Type: /passives in-game to see if you've saved another bandit in another difficulty as well as if you've done all the skillpoint quests. Some people tend to miss the ghost quest in act 4 since we usually go to maps after Dried Lake in merciless.
Guides: https://www.poe-vault.com/guides/ghazzy-guide-hub
YT: https://www.youtube.com/GhazzyTV
Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/ghazzytv
Hey like the build but would 2h sword queen's degree be viable?
"
erixx123 wrote:
Hey like the build but would 2h sword queen's degree be viable?

funny you should say that because i am using a variation of this build with a 2 hand femurs of the saints.

The reason to go 1 hander / sheild vs 2 hander is ultimatly a question of economics. arumvorax and pretty much any sheild with half decent stats on it enable the cheap and effective capping of resistances along with a host of other goodies like block , maybe some extra hit points if your sheild is good.

Thus if price is of no object to you and you can find a decent amount of high resist gear for your rings , gloves and helm ... then you can technically free yourself of the need to go shield and sword.

but i should stress that going down that route is strictly for those with higher budgets and can afford about 4ish exa dedicated to just your rings helm chest and ammy
Last edited by Saltychipmunk on Jul 8, 2016, 11:21:12 AM
Hi, I'm a new player. I did play some d2 and d3, so I am not new to the genre, but I am new to poe. I have a few questions...
On the title, it says Beginner, so is this build easy to make?
2)Will I preclude any sort of content with this build? I could be cool with it, but I'd love to know before I put time in it.

Thank you a lot, and I apologize if you have already answered these questions somewhere I missed.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info