"The Acid rainer"(Updated for Prophecy league!)INSANE DMG

"
"
Naps wrote:
hey, great guide! i have taken down atziri, uber lab, and an alch'd Conservatory map (t14) without a sweat. hoping to try uber atziri in the next few days. one question - i have nearly identical gear and the only nodes i'm missing (lvl 87 atm) are a few hp/evasion nodes, not dmg; however, my tooltip with max power/frenzy charges + atziri flask reads only about 21k or so. i understand i might not be at 42k like your tooltip, but 1/2 that seems way off? thoughts?

maybe you are wearing 2x ming's at the time of the 42k tooltip?

Those are still old screenshots from before prophecy league(im fucking lazy sometimes)
our tooltip is now lower then it was before.
We removed some dmg from tree and got more life.
But we do actually got more dmg then before cause of the acendacy changes and the new unique jewel which arrived with prophecy.

So 20k is pretty fine for reference im sitting at 27k atm.

ah ok, awesome! thanks for the quick reply and the solid guide
Did you see my reply on the previous page Naps? Would help your do quite a bit still with those changes.
"
l33tsmurf wrote:
Did you see my reply on the previous page Naps? Would help your do quite a bit still with those changes.

hey man, yea i saw your post. thanks for the reply. i know there are minor improvements i can make with a little extra dps on my jewelry, i was just mostly concerned by the drastic tooltip difference i was seeing. i can hit 30k dps if i throw on 2 Ming's, so i think i'm ready to give that uber a run! if only it didnt cost me 2+ ex to open the map haha...
Thanks so much for this build! I'm comfortably farming Atziri, Uber Atziri, Uber Lab, Council, and high-tier maps. This build saved the league for me - swapped from a CoC build at about level 80 that wasn't working out. 42 regrets and a bit of gear and BOOM... end-game domination.

Also a pretty fast jump to 36 completed challenges due to the speed and damage of this build.

Hey,

im currently like that build. But i got stuck on t5-10 Maps. Bosses can "nearly" one-shot me.
This is my current gear.

What should i upgrade first? I'm thinking about 6L Belly. But if i can boost this build a bit cheapier (belly 6L = 5-8 Ex atm) i would prefer this. Like i know the mask is crap but i really dont know what i should search for (not that expensiv).

I'm lvl 75 actually.

"
LikeyX wrote:
Hey,

im currently like that build. But i got stuck on t5-10 Maps. Bosses can "nearly" one-shot me.

What should i upgrade first? I'm thinking about 6L Belly. But if i can boost this build a bit cheapier (belly 6L = 5-8 Ex atm) i would prefer this. Like i know the mask is crap but i really dont know what i should search for (not that expensiv).

I'm lvl 75 actually.

Indeed, you're better upgrade your other slots before belly. I've bought belly as the last decent piece of gear, and till that moment I was perfectly fine in tabula (say, I did uber lab easily - without buffs tho)

First, pay attention to your gems. Most of them have no quality and not max-levelled. Quality and level helps very much in terms of damage and clearspeed.

Second, there's a large room for upgrades. For example, I would aim for Atziri's Step with decent life roll (70+), and compensate loss in resists by amulet/rings with life and resists. Don't bother with crit affixes for a moment - they are great, but quite expensive and not so urgent. You should get a decent life and cap resists - and only after that start to optimize dps via crit.

Third, you need more Coated Shrapnels to make Poison spread. Without Poison spreading and with Southbound our clearspeed becames very, very clunky and slow. You need at least two Coated Shrapnel (personally, I wasn't satisfied even with 3). That's not the first priority, but before you get at least 2 CS, better socket Poison Support instead of Inc. Critical.

Finally, your level is quite low. If you can farm t7-t9 maps at 75, it's more than OK. Wait for another 5 or 10 levels - those skillpoints will boost you greatly.
Last edited by tasselhof on Jul 1, 2016, 8:16:37 AM
Ok, I've made quite a... research?.. on this build, and should proudly say that it's fairly well optimized. I've started as classic non-crit Saboteur (Dejavi2-like build) and then respecced into crit-Assassin, testing it here and there trying to min-max it. Here some of my thoughts about it in form on Q&A:

Q: Won't crit-Assassin be too squishy? In the end, we lose Scion life wheel, which is huge.
Spoiler
A: Yes and no. This build is not by any means "squishy". With 35% Belly and decent-but-not-top gear I have 5k hp (and I've dropped Revenge of the Hunted wheel), which I consider more than fine.
On the other hand, Sabo is indeed more safe and even more cheap. Scion life wheel costs 0 chaoses :) We can boost our survivability further with Coil, and that smoke clouds from Ascendancy felt surprisingly good. At the same time, Sabo is still capable of farming high-level content. I would say, that it's perfect choice for Hardcore league/races. In softcore, my heart belongs to Assassin :3

Q: Won't lack of Chain Reaction hurt our clearspeed?
Spoiler
A: I was very suspicious about this thing, because I hate leaving non-triggered traps, but it went more or less smooth. For purpose of testing, I've run a lot of Harvest-trio runs (because there are easily accessed very stationary unqiues). I was throwing all trap charges straight at the boss, and then checked how many traps left untriggered.

With all nodes in High Explosives wheel taken, no traps were ever left behind. That requires 3 more skill points compared to Ekarpoe's tree.

With 2 addition nodes, very rarely 1-2 traps were left behind. That practically doesn't hurt our dps in fight, besides there are not so much totally stationary bosses in PoE. IMO, it's optimal decision.

With only 1 addition node, ~2-3 traps are usually not triggered. It's still viable, but I consider it suboptimal and will add more nodes as I lvl past 90ish.

And I totally didn't liked build without any additional Trap Trigger Radius nodes. I felt like my dps gone down by noticable amount. It was still more than enough, of course, but that felt too suboptimal for me. Maybe that just me, but well, I think, everyone should decide it by him/herself.

Q: Is tradeoff "Inc. Crit. Strikes + Coated Shrapnels x 4" vs. "Poison + Decent Trappers Jewels x 4" really pays off?
Spoiler
Yes, it is really better. I had 4 Life/Trap Damage/Area Damage jewels, and I compared it to 4x Coated Shrapnels. Poison and Inc. Crit. Strikes were both 20/20. My sheet dps boosted from 14.883 to 17.210, which I consider very huge boost. I've lost ~200 hp, but it didn't went under 5k, so I think it's fine. Moreover, don't forget that Coated Shrapnels much cheaper than Life+Trap+Area jewels, so we save ~3ex that we can spend on godly jewellry, thus compensating loss of hp.

And some random thoughts:

1. It feels like crit multi is more valuable than crit chance. More specifically, left route to Doomcast gives me much more damage than right. Not sure about this tho, I saw other build getting right route too. Maybe I'm missing something?

2. I've tried to run without Jaws of Agony and must say that Power Charges are quite sustainable, though it takes more time to max them. Now I want try to swap it with some decent shield with life/spell damage/resists and test it. Rare shield could relax requirements on jewellry slots, making it possible to focus more on crit for example, or just make it easier to gear.
Maybe it will be necessary to think about some other sources of getting power charges for more reliable boss fights, like some skill with PCoC linked - I have spare links in build, because I don't feel like Bear Trap is necessary for me. Maybe some generic wide-known advices here? I heard Orb of Storms is good at it, but I doubt it will work without lighting skill spam.

3. And thanks for Strong-As-Hell Build! I tried to optimize it, but there is not much space left for optimizing, which is a sign of very thorough work made by Ekarpoe! :) It's most powerful build I've ever seen in PoE, and it's very cheap for what we get.

P.S. My gear, for sake of interpreting my thoughts and conclusions:
Spoiler

Upd. I took a quick test with rare shield 61 Spell Damage/100 Crit, and it added like 1k dps, which is slightly more than 5%, and Power Charges are pain in the ass. So if you don't want to invest 3ex+ in godly shields, you probably better stay with Jaws of Agony.
Last edited by tasselhof on Jul 1, 2016, 12:25:56 PM
What's your unbuffed DPS?
Last edited by eXidus on Jul 1, 2016, 7:27:02 PM
Does this build actually leech physical damage? Because I have the Blooddrinker passive, but I'm not getting any life leech. Does life leech not work on traps or something?

Also, are 4 coated shrapnell jewels really required? I have tested it with only one and it felt like I still always poisened my enemies.
Last edited by ArcaneLuke on Jul 2, 2016, 10:25:34 AM
"
ArcaneLuke wrote:
Does this build actually leech physical damage? Because I have the Blooddrinker passive, but I'm not getting any life leech. Does life leech not work on traps or something?

we dont leech damage, we take bloodseeker just for the incresed max life

Also, are 4 coated shrapnell jewels really required? I have tested it with only one and it felt like I still always poisened my enemies.

with one jewel we have 25%chance to poison this +the poison spread may be fine enough to clear trash but dont forgett against bosses and rares in high maps we really need the poison stacks for single target without 4 jewels we loose 75% single target poison dmg this is a huge difference.

Last edited by EkarPoe on Jul 2, 2016, 6:15:56 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info