[3.5] Say_Ten's Melee Shadow - Murder Everything Cheaply

Hi I've got a noob question for you.
Why would you put the support gem of melee splash damage to your dual strike when the gem of might and influence provides to melee splash?
"
zrlormee wrote:
Why would you put the support gem of melee splash damage to your dual strike when the gem of might and influence provides to melee splash?

You may be looking at an older character or piece of gear. You use splash (if you want) until you get Might and Influence...at which point you ditch splash (if you're using it).

While you're leveling, you can choose to use splash if you want or you can use something else...it's all about preference and what you're comfortable with early on.
Hey Say_Ten!

Thanks for this build, it's the first I am using and I had a blast since I started with the game about 2 weeks ago.

All was smooth sailing until now, but I am really banging my head against T12+ maps. I'm fine with T10 maps (even rare ones are still OK with most mods) but after that I am just one-shotted left and right when playing rare maps. Especially bosses are a pain on some maps, even just blue and not rare (e.g. Sulphur Wastes) - and I'm absolutely avoiding reflect and double boss.

I am pretty new, so I am not sure if it's just me sucking at the game (still :) ) or if I can improve my tree / gear. I know my claws could be better but I don't have 10ex after 2 weeks of playing :D

I'm at 5200 HP, All res > 110% except fire @80%, Around 150k tooltip DPS with Dual Strike (All skills running except Vaal Haste).

Would be awesome if you could give me some tips!

Thanks in advance :)
"
Say_Ten wrote:
"
zrlormee wrote:

You may be looking at an older character or piece of gear. You use splash (if you want) until you get Might and Influence...at which point you ditch splash (if you're using it).

While you're leveling, you can choose to use splash if you want or you can use something else...it's all about preference and what you're comfortable with early on.

I'm following your gear on the first page. Did i follow the wrong one?
Hey zrlormee, maybe I can already help here, you should look at Say_Ten's current character to know better what to aim for (click his name here in the forum, then characters, and so on) the guide is helpful but things have changed a bit as it is another league now. You can also find a most up to date and final skill tree that way.

However, if you are still leveling, all that is not that much important. It's more important that you work with what you've got - e.g. if you are missing health, go into health nodes first, if you are missing dmg, go into dmg nodes first. If you got gear but cant get the right colors on it yet because you are missing the Masters, use some other skill gems that appeal and work for now. You will get to the final goal of this build at Lvl 65-70 or so.
"
goozaan wrote:
Hey zrlormee, maybe I can already help here, you should look at Say_Ten's current character to know better what to aim for (click his name here in the forum, then characters, and so on) the guide is helpful but things have changed a bit as it is another league now. You can also find a most up to date and final skill tree that way.

However, if you are still leveling, all that is not that much important. It's more important that you work with what you've got - e.g. if you are missing health, go into health nodes first, if you are missing dmg, go into dmg nodes first. If you got gear but cant get the right colors on it yet because you are missing the Masters, use some other skill gems that appeal and work for now. You will get to the final goal of this build at Lvl 65-70 or so.

Ohh. I see. Sorry i just joined the game and forum so wasn't familiar with the mechanics. Thank you so much!!
"
goozaan wrote:

Hi sorry I've something to ask. Under his profile the character that he screenshot at the first page, the skill tree is blank. Which skill tree should i follow? ><
The character to look at is Strike_you_out i think. You can also look at mine, I do the same build.

The tree should be visible as soon as you open the character, below the character. Then its easier if you click on "Open tree in new tab / window" - you get a bigger picture. If the tree is not showing, which browser are you using? For me it works with both Firefox and Chrome.
Hey bro, u can post or update u guide how is u char now? with u current equipaments \ gems n build ?

thx bro!
"
goozaan wrote:
Hey Say_Ten!

Thanks for this build, it's the first I am using and I had a blast since I started with the game about 2 weeks ago.

All was smooth sailing until now, but I am really banging my head against T12+ maps. I'm fine with T10 maps (even rare ones are still OK with most mods) but after that I am just one-shotted left and right when playing rare maps. Especially bosses are a pain on some maps, even just blue and not rare (e.g. Sulphur Wastes) - and I'm absolutely avoiding reflect and double boss.

I am pretty new, so I am not sure if it's just me sucking at the game (still :) ) or if I can improve my tree / gear. I know my claws could be better but I don't have 10ex after 2 weeks of playing :D

I'm at 5200 HP, All res > 110% except fire @80%, Around 150k tooltip DPS with Dual Strike (All skills running except Vaal Haste).

Would be awesome if you could give me some tips!

Thanks in advance :)

i suspect that maybe you aren't doing a good enough job of keeping fortify up or using your flasks like a maniac when you need to. if you are, then you need to learn to move better (when, how, how fast/soon, etc).

practice with easier content for now. like you admitted (and i always do) certain map bosses are just much harder than others.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info