[3.5] Say_Ten's Melee Shadow - Murder Everything Cheaply

"
SilverK29 wrote:

So...color me noob again, but what is/are vaal skills?

wiki that

but they are corrupted/more powerful versions of normal skills that charge up via souls (killing shit) and then you unleash them
"
Greetings Say_ten!

I loved the cocky way you wrote the FAQs in this build ^_^
I picked your build this league as I had lesser time than usual and didn't want to spend too much on gear. This was my first Melee experience and Frost Blades really grew on me!

I feel like I've hit a brick wall now as all upgrades are seeming very expensive and I still die here and there on tier 10+ maps.

I know my flasks are not as per advised and I've gone through your comments on other people's posts and I'll fix that.
Apart from that, is there anything glaringly incorrect in my setup?
What items should I focus on improving?

Thanks a ton.

sup

what's your current life pool? some of the rolls on your gear are a little low but as long as you are around 6k, that's not really the issue, aside from betrayal shit being insane.

flasks, yeah, at least run a basalt.

i think one major thing you are missing out on is only one of your claws being life on hit. you could swap your imperial to a bloodseeker for insta leech or try to replace your leech claw.

culling strike on your whirling blades is useless since you are critting/culling 24/7. put blood magic on that shit so you can warp across the screen before your friends can pick up all their wisdom scrolls.

you could also support warchief if you move some other shit around

instead of warlord's mark, you could try enfeeble.

and with your ascendancy capped out, you could also try removing CoH/AM from frost blades and attaching real damage gems to it. you could probably pick up a lot of dps there.
"
sk8ter12244 wrote:
I'm having a hard time as well. Would appreciate any advice you can give! DPS is low and survivability is starting to dwindle

find a 6 socket chest to store/level gems

your rings arent ideal. on the left one, craft flat phys instead of whats on there. on the right one, maybe just replace it altogether...but first...

get a new belt with more res and life.

gloves and boots are ok and good for now and so is amulet

work on flasks, follow my guide.

could spam lab enchants on helm or buy one too...
Just wanted to drop by say and thanks for this guide. And thanks @crown_is_heavy @Say_Ten for the help from earlier questions I've posted. I love playing this build.

I've just recently been able to acquire all my gear with the appropriate stats and resistances (resistances all over capped, HP at 5978), my question now, should I be worried about my armor and evasion? currently I'm sitting at 1221 and 3761 respectively.

Btw, switched from Lightning Strike(LS-Multi-CritChan-CritDam) to Frostblade(FB-multi-maim-AC). My DPS displayed in game dropped quite a bit...however, I seem to be clearing out mobs even faster now. I assume it's because the in game display doesn't account for maim and AC. Is that the best combo/support for FB or is there any other configuration I can do to get even more out of it?

Again, awesome guide.
And thank you.
"
MKU wrote:
Just wanted to drop by say and thanks for this guide. And thanks @crown_is_heavy @Say_Ten for the help from earlier questions I've posted. I love playing this build.

I've just recently been able to acquire all my gear with the appropriate stats and resistances (resistances all over capped, HP at 5978), my question now, should I be worried about my armor and evasion? currently I'm sitting at 1221 and 3761 respectively.

Btw, switched from Lightning Strike(LS-Multi-CritChan-CritDam) to Frostblade(FB-multi-maim-AC). My DPS displayed in game dropped quite a bit...however, I seem to be clearing out mobs even faster now. I assume it's because the in game display doesn't account for maim and AC. Is that the best combo/support for FB or is there any other configuration I can do to get even more out of it?

Again, awesome guide.
And thank you.

You shouldn't care about your evasion and armor.

Yup, Frost Blades with Multi - Maim - AC seems insane due to omega fast trash destroying and freezing. This setup is the best for clear speed, for solo target / single attack damage you can use the elemental damage support, but I would've keep AC since FB is used mainly for AoE.
I haven’t read through all of this post yet but just wondering about one thing. You use lightning strike with assassins mark and you also use cwdt with enfeeble. Which one takes priority or have I missed something somewhere where we can use both at the same time?
"
Nefiros wrote:
I haven’t read through all of this post yet but just wondering about one thing. You use lightning strike with assassins mark and you also use cwdt with enfeeble. Which one takes priority or have I missed something somewhere where we can use both at the same time?

Assassin's mark for damage boost and power charge generation + some life on kill, enfeeble as a defensive curse. You can debuff a boss for some juicy hits in the beggining, than CWDT procs and lower boss's dmg

Hey man, love this build and guide. This is my first character in PoE and obviously my first league. Currently I am able to clear T13 maps somewhat, or at least that's as high as I have gone. Been stuck on level 88 for awhile now due to dying. I'm wondering if you could look at my gear/setup and tell me what you think I should prioritize upgrading to take me to the next level.

I do have a Starkonja's (2 actually) to play with like your guide references. And about 2ex and 600 chaos to work with for upgrades. Don't want to mess up by going in the wrong direction gear wise, so any advice you can give me would be awesome.

Thanks for the great guide, really made leveling my first character must less stressful!

Here's my PoB:
https://pastebin.com/4EqbEkix
(I think I did this right, this program still confuses me)
Last edited by CuteMike4U on Jan 21, 2019, 8:08:21 PM
"
"
MKU wrote:

Again, awesome guide.
And thank you.

You shouldn't care about your evasion and armor.

Yup, Frost Blades with Multi - Maim - AC seems insane due to omega fast trash destroying and freezing. This setup is the best for clear speed, for solo target / single attack damage you can use the elemental damage support, but I would've keep AC since FB is used mainly for AoE.

it's because it chains. if you manage to set up LS with pierce you will clear shit much faster. if you find me in game i can demonstrate. FB just has more utility until you can at least get pierce on LS and then, ideally, set up an elder claw with built in ancestral call. note that the claw would also benefit frost blades so i recommend trying to get one anyway. i think i bought the only two decent ones i've seen this league, one of which is up for sale.
"
"
Nefiros wrote:

Assassin's mark for damage boost and power charge generation + some life on kill, enfeeble as a defensive curse. You can debuff a boss for some juicy hits in the beggining, than CWDT procs and lower boss's dmg

i also frequently will re-curse with AM, depending on what kinda shit i'm knee deep in

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info