[3.5] Say_Ten's Melee Shadow - Murder Everything Cheaply

"
Say_Ten wrote:
"
SilverK29 wrote:
First off thanks for the quick reply.

Is there a specific gem that's supposed to go into the unsets? Am I just missing something massive by not using those gem slots correctly?

I would put blood rage in there because you don't need to support that with anything. If you end up with two unset rings and you are still using the BoR, you would put your vaal skill in the 2nd one.

Having a 6L chest and 4L helm as opposed to the BoR opens up a bunch of other options.

edit: technically speaking, you could also put hatred in there for the same reason, or even the herald, especially if it is annoying for you to get certain colored sockets.

So...color me noob again, but what is/are vaal skills?
I'm having a hard time with T14+ and the syndicate members. I really hate dying and I tend to get 2 shot before I can even react. I'm resistance capped and with switching some gear(gloves and belt) around was able to get to around ~6khp. This is my first real league and I'm curious what other options I have for damage mitigation. Do I need to stack chaos resistance?
Yo Say_Ten, I recently started to play your build and I really like it, just as for a new player I have some questions bugging me.

First, dps - I guess I already have pretty decent dps gear, I just can't reach numbers everyone is sayin on forum, reddit and stuff. I've already sacrificed some of survivability (got barely 5k hp and almost capped res now) but still when I hover over my double strike skill on full buffed it shows like ~400k dps and I don't know what's going on. Even worse, my dps in character stats is like 30k :P

Second, survivability. As I've mentioned above I tried to reach higher dps but even with similar gear to other people I can't reach numbers they have. I don't know if I did something wrong but I feel like people are fooling around and that high dps is reachable only after spending like 100 ex on gear.

Can you take a look at my character and tell me what's wrong there? I'm seriously thinking about switching to another class because I've already spent way more than everyone said I should and I still can't reach the numbers. I don't wanna run tier 12 maps forever.
Last edited by Ceembe on Jan 10, 2019, 4:29:46 PM
"
Neverine wrote:
I'm having a hard time with T14+ and the syndicate members. I really hate dying and I tend to get 2 shot before I can even react. I'm resistance capped and with switching some gear(gloves and belt) around was able to get to around ~6khp. This is my first real league and I'm curious what other options I have for damage mitigation. Do I need to stack chaos resistance?

Change gloves and belt. Other gear is really nice. Shaper's touch and off-hand Bloodseeker are awesome and I suggest them to everyone.

Change bismuth flask for basalt. Get instant divine life flask instead of blood of the karui. Change atziri's promise for diamond flask. It will provide 3 craftable preffixes - get freezing immunity on life flask, bleeding immunity on diamond and curse immunity on basalt.

You have two options with the Lightning strike setup. First, you can change the assassin's mark for the warlord's mark. Second, drop the curse on hit setup and use maim + ancestral call.

Get Vaal Ancestral Warchief. You can support it and vaal double strike with ruthless and melee physical or keep them 1link. Vaal Grace is for sure better than Vaal Haste.

Get full upgraded Solaris and Shakari pantheons and use them.
Last edited by crown_is_heavy on Jan 11, 2019, 4:10:37 AM
"
Ceembe wrote:
Yo Say_Ten, I recently started to play your build and I really like it, just as for a new player I have some questions bugging me.

First, dps - I guess I already have pretty decent dps gear, I just can't reach numbers everyone is sayin on forum, reddit and stuff. I've already sacrificed some of survivability (got barely 5k hp and almost capped res now) but still when I hover over my double strike skill on full buffed it shows like ~400k dps and I don't know what's going on. Even worse, my dps in character stats is like 30k :P

Second, survivability. As I've mentioned above I tried to reach higher dps but even with similar gear to other people I can't reach numbers they have. I don't know if I did something wrong but I feel like people are fooling around and that high dps is reachable only after spending like 100 ex on gear.

Can you take a look at my character and tell me what's wrong there? I'm seriously thinking about switching to another class because I've already spent way more than everyone said I should and I still can't reach the numbers. I don't wanna run tier 12 maps forever.

Drop every flask that you have. You should use:
1. Divine life flask - freeze imminuty, instant recovery
2. Diamond flask - bleeding immunity, duration / reduced charges used
3. Taste of Hate - if you can't afford it - Stibnite with shock immunity
4. Rumi's Concoction
5. Basalt flask - curse immunity / reduced charges used.

Get Shaper's Touch if you can cap your fire resistance without this gloves. Get the Bloodseeker off-hand.

Drop golem and flicker strike for Vaal Grace and Vaal Ancestral Warchief. I would also recommend to use Herald of Purity instead of Herald of Ash. Also two ways what to do with the Lightning Strike setup since you've done 3th lab: 1. Use the Warlord's mark instead of assassin's mark for endurying charges. They will increase duration of Immortal Call and give physical damage mitigation. 2. Use Ancestral Call + maim for better clear speed / power and using the elemental ailment.

You can't use warlord's mark and enfeeble at the same time in CWDT setup. Only one curse can be applied without any gear and nodes. Drop the warlord's mark for the Increased duration support.

About playstyle that might be a reason why you can't pass through the t12 maps. Don't faceroll. Watch the flask timers. You can use Ancestral warchief as a tank for dangerous group of monsters. Clear most of the packs with the Lightning Strike and don't try to go melee. Keep fortify up all the time. Since you will have 2 Vaal skills start your boss killing with full flask usage and using them. Bosses with phases require vaal skill management. Don't be afraid of using TP to refill the flasks.
"
"
Neverine wrote:

Change gloves and belt. Other gear is really nice. Shaper's touch and off-hand Bloodseeker are awesome and I suggest them to everyone.

Change bismuth flask for basalt. Get instant divine life flask instead of blood of the karui. Change atziri's promise for diamond flask. It will provide 3 craftable preffixes - get freezing immunity on life flask, bleeding immunity on diamond and curse immunity on basalt.

You have two options with the Lightning strike setup. First, you can change the assassin's mark for the warlord's mark. Second, drop the curse on hit setup and use maim + ancestral call.

Get Vaal Ancestral Warchief. You can support it and vaal double strike with ruthless and melee physical or keep them 1link. Vaal Grace is for sure better than Vaal Haste.

Get full upgraded Solaris and Shakari pantheons and use them.

Thanks for the feedback. Made quite a few of those suggested changes and I definitely don't feel like as much of a paper bag anymore. Thanks again!
Greetings Say_ten!

I loved the cocky way you wrote the FAQs in this build ^_^
I picked your build this league as I had lesser time than usual and didn't want to spend too much on gear. This was my first Melee experience and Frost Blades really grew on me!

I feel like I've hit a brick wall now as all upgrades are seeming very expensive and I still die here and there on tier 10+ maps.

I know my flasks are not as per advised and I've gone through your comments on other people's posts and I'll fix that.
Apart from that, is there anything glaringly incorrect in my setup?
What items should I focus on improving?

Thanks a ton.
Hello guys im a new player, this is my first char and it's pretty fun. i have problem in tier +12,13 maps, i have full resis 5500hp and decent dps but some enemies burst me in few seconds, this is my build at moment, can u help me with any tip ty alot the Guide is great :D
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/VIIcrew/characters
"
VIIcrew wrote:
Hello guys im a new player, this is my first char and it's pretty fun. i have problem in tier +12,13 maps, i have full resis 5500hp and decent dps but some enemies burst me in few seconds, this is my build at moment, can u help me with any tip ty alot the Guide is great :D
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/VIIcrew/characters

There is also nothing to do with the current gear. Try to get 6 link the Loreweave. 6 link will increase your survivability by alot and give some options for skill links. Change Touch of Anguish for the Bloodseeker.

Drop summon ice golem - culling strike. Get Vaal Ancestral Warchief and Vaal Grace. Totem gives huge DPS boost, helps with clearing and DPSing, also takes some attention from monster packs and bosses. Vaal Grace is a godlike skill for survivability, while it is needed.

All deaths may come from the playstyle. Be more careful and don't faceroll.
I'm having a hard time as well. Would appreciate any advice you can give! DPS is low and survivability is starting to dwindle
Last edited by sk8ter12244 on Jan 15, 2019, 9:53:23 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info