[2.4] Stag's Bloody Boner ||Cheap Bm Srs || Atziri & HC viable || Budget Lab Run video, Atziri Video

Just a kinda feedback from my side. Took some time because I didn't rush or anything and couldn't play quite as much. Currently at lvl 72, merc lab still missing but will do that soon enough. Almost 5,4k HP with a Belly's which is pretty good.

My equiptment at the moment:

Nothing super crazy. I actually like the Belly's because of the extra sockets - could potentially buy a Kaom's but will see if I really want to. They are like 3ex which isn't too bad.

Will give advanced feedback once I got into decent mapping area like T8+ to really see how it goes. But until now it's super easy.

Nvm.: bought a Kaom's, 6.3k life. FeelsGood.
Last edited by Mithrandil on Apr 10, 2016, 10:17:37 AM
Thanks a bunch, about to start leveling and try this out. However, I'm going Witch - Necro instead. Here's my tree if anyone wanted to take a look.

Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAABAMDAQDuAuMD7gQHBLMHpQthDeIOPBQgFHEVJxhWGS4aPhzcHb4fAh8YIuIk2CW8J-0pLipNLJws6TLRM4c1kjbFOlg64TwtPydBh0VHRZ1H4kiOSbJKyEyzTeNQR1H7U1JVxlcNWW1akV8_X5hoZWh0aPJqrGvbbqpvO3aseA17w3y4ggeCEILHg1-DzIPbhW2Gs4qvjLGPGo9GkBGa4JuKogCkOaZXpwiofa2Nr2y18rc-vk_AGsBmxPbGrs0WzzLPftAf0iHT-9WB2CTYvdlh2XzaYttP37Dfv-DD6-7siu8O7-vwH_Gs8i_yQfJF85v56P4K_o8=

The pathing and keystone priorities are pretty similar. 198% life, 9 sockets, 5.8% life regen and 33% cast speed.

I waste two points on spell damage with witch but I feel the bonuses outweigh the negatives. In regards to Necro vs. Ascendant, Necro is just too crazy to not go for. Commander of Darkness gives you 2% cast speed per aura you are using, so you can use Hatred, Haste and a level 1 Clarity(which according to Mikelat's Aura Calc, with two EWs and Mortal Conviction, would reserve 31 life). So if we were to compare it to the Scion Guardian, we're only 6% off. Even then, let's not forget about the travel nodes which net you 45% minion damage, 8% cast speed and 10% inc. duration. I haven't even mentioned Spirit Eater and Mistress of Sacrifice haha.

Other than that, I don't see any differences in gearing. Kaom's and a +3 6L staff is still BiS as far as I'm concerned.

But yeah, I haven't tried an SRS build before so this looks fun. Thanks again!
IGN: Squid
"
Mithrandil wrote:
Just a kinda feedback from my side. Took some time because I didn't rush or anything and couldn't play quite as much. Currently at lvl 72, merc lab still missing but will do that soon enough. Almost 5,4k HP with a Belly's which is pretty good.

My equiptment at the moment:

Nothing super crazy. I actually like the Belly's because of the extra sockets - could potentially buy a Kaom's but will see if I really want to. They are like 3ex which isn't too bad.

Will give advanced feedback once I got into decent mapping area like T8+ to really see how it goes. But until now it's super easy.

Nvm.: bought a Kaom's, 6.3k life. FeelsGood.

Thanks for trying it out. I'll post a "how to kill Izaro" video soon to help you out
"
GrenadeSaint wrote:
Thanks a bunch, about to start leveling and try this out. However, I'm going Witch - Necro instead. Here's my tree if anyone wanted to take a look.

Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAABAMDAQDuAuMD7gQHBLMHpQthDeIOPBQgFHEVJxhWGS4aPhzcHb4fAh8YIuIk2CW8J-0pLipNLJws6TLRM4c1kjbFOlg64TwtPydBh0VHRZ1H4kiOSbJKyEyzTeNQR1H7U1JVxlcNWW1akV8_X5hoZWh0aPJqrGvbbqpvO3aseA17w3y4ggeCEILHg1-DzIPbhW2Gs4qvjLGPGo9GkBGa4JuKogCkOaZXpwiofa2Nr2y18rc-vk_AGsBmxPbGrs0WzzLPftAf0iHT-9WB2CTYvdlh2XzaYttP37Dfv-DD6-7siu8O7-vwH_Gs8i_yQfJF85v56P4K_o8=

The pathing and keystone priorities are pretty similar. 198% life, 9 sockets, 5.8% life regen and 33% cast speed.

I waste two points on spell damage with witch but I feel the bonuses outweigh the negatives. In regards to Necro vs. Ascendant, Necro is just too crazy to not go for. Commander of Darkness gives you 2% cast speed per aura you are using, so you can use Hatred, Haste and a level 1 Clarity(which according to Mikelat's Aura Calc, with two EWs and Mortal Conviction, would reserve 31 life). So if we were to compare it to the Scion Guardian, we're only 6% off. Even then, let's not forget about the travel nodes which net you 45% minion damage, 8% cast speed and 10% inc. duration. I haven't even mentioned Spirit Eater and Mistress of Sacrifice haha.

Other than that, I don't see any differences in gearing. Kaom's and a +3 6L staff is still BiS as far as I'm concerned.

But yeah, I haven't tried an SRS build before so this looks fun. Thanks again!

Not a problem. The tree you've linked is a fair bit less tankier than the scion version as it has about 100% reduced armour and is lacking soul of steel.

Possible Necro Tree
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAMAAN-wghCbikiOFScHpb5PDeKMsQLjSbIsnOyKK3gRLWvbH8d8g0yz6-4EB9AfmuAc3DLRg9vv60WduJOPGkVHVcZTUij6iEDAZjpYgseYraasBLOt8dP7Hb756KIAGF2ofTOHaHRBh_AfWpED7tpitz5o8mqsGFb-CoPM8kXYvTwtOuE1koNfplf-j7XyTeNuqngNSsjAGoqvPyepbm87kBEqTV-YeWh7wwDuR-JZbcEELOki4s8yXz-Gs6Q5Gj4UIPIvfLjvDikuUEfxrFcN2WHSIfObrY3yQWhlz36CB3as2XwUcQ4837_bT-DDJbwAAA==

this a tree based off yours, amalgamated with mine. I've removed some of the cast speed as you'll get enough from flesh offering (dont use bone offering, even though it sounds cool it will gimp you too much). I've added in some more dex and EE which is hyper important in my opinion. I probably wouldnt bother with a lvl 1 clarity as you're pretty link starved when you have kaom's. Having said that, try it out and get back to me.

In my eyes here is Ascendant vs necro - Sorry for trash editing

Necro:
+30 atkspd, +29 mspd, +30 cspd (lvl 20 flesh offering on self), +20 dur

+40 dmg with corpses consumed

+6 dmg +2 cspd / aura (2)

+8 cspd, +45 dmg (highway nodes)

total
30 atkspd
29 mspd (self inclusive)
42 cspd (for self)
97 dmg (57 dmg while spirit eater is down) to be honest, probably taking the chaos res highway node is probably better than casting flesh eater every 4 seconds - it's only 25% reduced damage with no downside
20 duration - ends up being ~1.4 seconds on flesh offering and 1 second for srs.

Ascendant:
4% phys reduction, 15% offering effect (+4.5 atkspd, +4.3 mspd - cast speed not needed), 15 dmg (i think it only works for one aura - testing needed), 8% atk+cstspeed on corpse kill

3% block, curse and ele ailment removal, 12% atk+cspd

total:
54.5 atkspd - 46 when corpse kill is down
33.35 movespd (only for minions)
12 cspd
15 dmg
3% block
4%phys reduction
removal stuff
2 passive points
60 int 20 str

Looking at this, the ascendant will be more tanky without taking the tree into consideration. Yes the necro does more damage but at the same time, it's conditional. The condition is you need flesh offering up. I think that'll make boss fights awkward since you'll need to flesh offer, summon more corpses, summon spirits, summon arc totem (for ee) then flesh offer again to get maximum dps.

Try it out and get back to me, I'd love to be proven wrong about Necro
Last edited by Stagsnetti on Apr 11, 2016, 4:06:57 AM
"
Not a problem. The tree you've linked is a fair bit less tankier than the scion version as it has about 100% reduced armour and is lacking soul of steel.

Possible Necro Tree
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAMAAN-wghCbikiOFScHpb5PDeKMsQLjSbIsnOyKK3gRLWvbH8d8g0yz6-4EB9AfmuAc3DLRg9vv60WduJOPGkVHVcZTUij6iEDAZjpYgseYraasBLOt8dP7Hb756KIAGF2ofTOHaHRBh_AfWpED7tpitz5o8mqsGFb-CoPM8kXYvTwtOuE1koNfplf-j7XyTeNuqngNSsjAGoqvPyepbm87kBEqTV-YeWh7wwDuR-JZbcEELOki4s8yXz-Gs6Q5Gj4UIPIvfLjvDikuUEfxrFcN2WHSIfObrY3yQWhlz36CB3as2XwUcQ4837_bT-DDJbwAAA==

this a tree based off yours, amalgamated with mine. I've removed some of the cast speed as you'll get enough from flesh offering (dont use bone offering, even though it sounds cool it will gimp you too much). I've added in some more dex and EE which is hyper important in my opinion. I probably wouldnt bother with a lvl 1 clarity as you're pretty link starved when you have kaom's. Having said that, try it out and get back to me.

In my eyes here is Ascendant vs necro - Sorry for trash editing

Necro:
+30 atkspd, +29 mspd, +30 cspd (lvl 20 flesh offering on self), +20 dur

+40 dmg with corpses consumed

+6 dmg +2 cspd / aura (2)

+8 cspd, +45 dmg (highway nodes)

total
30 atkspd
29 mspd (self inclusive)
42 cspd (for self)
97 dmg (57 dmg while spirit eater is down) to be honest, probably taking the chaos res highway node is probably better than casting flesh eater every 4 seconds - it's only 25% reduced damage with no downside
20 duration - ends up being ~1.4 seconds on flesh offering and 1 second for srs.

Ascendant:
4% phys reduction, 15% offering effect (+4.5 atkspd, +4.3 mspd - cast speed not needed), 15 dmg (i think it only works for one aura - testing needed), 8% atk+cstspeed on corpse kill

3% block, curse and ele ailment removal, 12% atk+cspd

total:
54.5 atkspd - 46 when corpse kill is down
33.35 movespd (only for minions)
12 cspd
15 dmg
3% block
4%phys reduction
removal stuff
2 passive points
60 int 20 str

Looking at this, the ascendant will be more tanky without taking the tree into consideration. Yes the necro does more damage but at the same time, it's conditional. The condition is you need flesh offering up. I think that'll make boss fights awkward since you'll need to flesh offer, summon more corpses, summon spirits, summon arc totem (for ee) then flesh offer again to get maximum dps.

Try it out and get back to me, I'd love to be proven wrong about Necro

Thanks for the reply. So, the rationale for me connecting from the Templar to the Mara tree was so that I can have a choice to get a 10th jewel next to the Devotion life cluster, and getting the Devotion cluster as well as optionally getting the Tireless cluster if I wish to do so. Yeah, I forgot about EE, I had to reset the tree to have a properish link since my copy paste kept messing up from the offline tree.

So, my idea is to get a lot of jewels to:

A) Supplement the life pool. If I were to get the 10th jewel, that would be a possible 50% low-end increased life. With Kaom's, inc. life is very important, because it acts as if it's armour, since having such a high life pool prevents the spiky damage from killing you as often.

B) Scale minion damage. Low end 140% minion damage which is incredible.

C) Act upon any deficiencies that are seen in gear. This includes resistances, dexterity and cast speed.

So to end off on the tree, the only difference is that instead of focusing on Armour, I tried to pick up as many Jewels as I can.

For the subclass thing, I treat those situational bonuses for being a Necro like I would a dps flask where it's getting ready for the boss fight, so we can stack up as much damage to burn bosses as quickly as possible. I feel like, in that case(again, never played this build before, but from the videos i've seen), it kinda fits the gameplay of churning out spirits to burn a boss. Although I do think using Flesh Offering would supplement clear times with it's bonus to movespeed.

So the only bonus I can see is the block chance and phys damage reduction. However, I'd recommend that if someone was worried about physical damage, to change the tree up slightly to get less damage(drop cast speed and the jewel near the two ele damage nodes)and get the endurance charges in the Templar area and the Mara area.

Yeah, Clarity is totally optional but I see it being worth losing 31 life and gaining 2% cast speed and 6% damage on minions.

But those are just some of the thoughts that I've been having. Yeah, I deliberately decided to go for more damage since this is gonna be a softcore character of mine. I don't have enough time and energy to dedicate to an HC character ATM, and I usually go balls-to-the-wall while still attempting to maintain some semblance of reliable survivability when in SC. I guess we'll see, I've only gotten to around level 25 last night, i'll be working on this Necro version for the rest of the week.
IGN: Squid
Playing this on Flashback 2 week.

Currently level 62. Equipped 4x Jewels with minion damage/resists. 17Q SRS.

Leeching people to progress... I need to spawn like 30 SRS to kill white packs. This is with +2/5L staff.

It was unbelivably slow to level using +1 fire wand but people told me it would be alot better when I equip a 5L staff. It is not the case either. Right now killing a pack of Brinerots take like 3 minutes if I hold down SRS button. I knew it wouldn't clear packs fast but destroy bosses, but it doesn't.

I'm pretty tanky with close to 4k HP with absolute trash gear but I thought this one would do a bit more damage. It reminds me of my crappy 2.5K DPS flame totem full tank MF build which was literally the worst build I've ever played.

Am I doing something wrong?

I'm considering rerolling actually.
IGN: Aristona
"
aristona37 wrote:
Playing this on Flashback 2 week.

Currently level 62. Equipped 4x Jewels with minion damage/resists. 17Q SRS.

Leeching people to progress... I need to spawn like 30 SRS to kill white packs. This is with +2/5L staff.

It was unbelivably slow to level using +1 fire wand but people told me it would be alot better when I equip a 5L staff. It is not the case either. Right now killing a pack of Brinerots take like 3 minutes if I hold down SRS button. I knew it wouldn't clear packs fast but destroy bosses, but it doesn't.

I'm pretty tanky with close to 4k HP with absolute trash gear but I thought this one would do a bit more damage. It reminds me of my crappy 2.5K DPS flame totem full tank MF build which was literally the worst build I've ever played.

Am I doing something wrong?

I'm considering rerolling actually.

yeah two things you need to use are EE - with an arc totem and flesh offering, these will bost your damage quite a fair bit higher. Gem levels will also be a big boost. If you watch the lab run video you can see how a 4l run goes and perhaps pick up some tips on how to increase your dps.
Last edited by Stagsnetti on May 11, 2016, 10:40:45 PM
So, played this build 2 weeks, has +2 staff, 6.4k hp with Kaoms heart, but without any gems +maximun hp;
Build is very good for me; Atziri always kill me when she makes 4 copies. I cant cast enough spirits, because flameblasts and spears try to kill me; Please, give me a hint how to kill Atziri.
Ok so with atziri stand in a corner when she splits and cast as many spirits as you can before the split takes form. The flameblast will focus you and not your spirits (which are going to attack a split). You want to drop your totem away from the split that's closest to you (at it'll be targeted by another flameblast). If you put your totem near your spirits the flameblast will go off and kill most of them. Then just focus on dodging flameblasts while getting as many spirits out. It's pretty annoying but you get into a groove.

A Ruby pot or two will help you in the ziri fight, preferably duration ones but it doesnt matter. The amount of damage they mitigate is pretty huge.

Vaal haste is good to use during a split phase to help burn it faster. I usually pop it just before the Split is able to be attacked .

Good luck.
Last edited by Stagsnetti on May 15, 2016, 2:24:48 AM
Hello, played this build up to 71, enjoyed it so far, was wondering with the additional 2 ascendancy points what would you take?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info