[2.2] Full Block Earthquake with Varunastra + Aegis (Gladiator)

"
poiuyt123 wrote:
1 more thing crossed my mind, how do you sustain your mana without mana leech? The mana from hit from Varunastrasa can't be enough in all situations?

You need a bit of mana leech on a jewel or gear, jewel probably easiest (though the mana on hit does pretty good work).
I took care of it early with a block chance/mana leech jewel as my first one.
Early levelling (before you get varunastra) you may need a mana flask occasionally until your damage gets high enough to leech the full cost.
"
Carlovski wrote:
"
poiuyt123 wrote:
1 more thing crossed my mind, how do you sustain your mana without mana leech? The mana from hit from Varunastrasa can't be enough in all situations?

You need a bit of mana leech on a jewel or gear, jewel probably easiest (though the mana on hit does pretty good work).
I took care of it early with a block chance/mana leech jewel as my first one.
Early levelling (before you get varunastra) you may need a mana flask occasionally until your damage gets high enough to leech the full cost.

or if you switch to a blasphemy/poachers mark setup which I keep meaning to do, you should be able to fully support off mana on hit - though not on curse immune maps.
Sounds like a lot of hassle....i think the jewel or boot enchant is the way to handle it then.
Between one jewel, Varunastrasa effect, and don't forget +8 mana on block (from Testudo) I haven't had any mana issues. Can spam EQ (21 cost) with only 61 mana not reserved.
I'm using the same build (followed the guide as closely as I can) but my DPS is drastically different. Currently my earthquake does 9k damage at level 87 gladiator, most of the damage nodes I've already picked so is there something I'm mising so badly? I have all damage you have (except I've currently not levelled the last 3 which is the 2 nodes for 10% damage and one which is 22% mace damage with lower stun threshold

Even with hatred activated my Bringer of Rain with earthquake, melee damage on full life (level 1 as I only just swapped it realising the huge dps disparity), melee physical damage (level 1 same reason) and added fire damage (level 19) seems like I have 12k and can't imagine getting to 30k or so just from the levelling of the gems I mentioned.

I have varanastra, le huep of all (20% physical damage), ring with + physical damage (4-6), Bringer of rain etc. Am I missing something? I've gone through the whole game like this and just realised hte massive difference in DPS.
Last edited by Giglameshu on Apr 21, 2016, 12:40:03 AM
Sorry if it was mentioned already, but why Aegis Aurora?

With 8k armour (without pots) you can recover 160 ES per block. Not bad at all, but it seems to me since you also take a number of "%increased defenses from shield" nodes that a 1.6k armour shield would still be better defensively. I know that Aegis has pretty high block but a high armour shield with 29-30% block is not unthinkable either.

Just started a character in Perandus to follow this build, can't wait to get to 28 (earthquake level)!
scroogetemplar / scroogewitch / scroogemarauder

Freezing Pulser (safe + affordable): https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1529856
@Giglameshu Post your gear and tree
@scrooge999 I think they use aegis so they can use melee on full life since you constantly leech ES.
@domelious so far (as I'm not level 100) this is what I've done.

http://www.poeplanner.com/AAAABAQCB7kdFeyK8OlGxILKkITZL8xi7E1GwYJHfr02ZU2-pxm0LYMVIAkz0TbiLCzphrPdDeCVn4JW6AhJstyE79rBdO0FLXrvQKDTb0a3wL-plQz3rK8blzJOIWBEnlO7v9VhIRpVNugB56cwns0UTfxLvJ8YkZ_LWK-pbsAaeA1vO7XybqpKyDWS2L3-CtIhVw3ZYa2Nz352rOoYUeZ3Uzs7nsWUh-nVeTl-4ho-

Very minor differences in tree. I go up to get the extra all res and evasion rating, I am getting crit in the end as well but compared to OP's tree it's pretty much identical. All my jewels are yellow with at least 13% melee damage too.

not sure how to link items yet. sorry.

varunastra 122 - 259 physical damage, bringer of rain 4 link (earthquake level 19, added fire damage level 19, endurance charge on melee stun, life leech) runs at 8.1k dps without hatred. Even with hatred and swapping life leech / endurance charge on stun for things like concentrated effect of melee damage on full life it seems to get to around 13k

then I'm using anvil amulet, chernobogs pillar shield (7 - 16 fire damage to attacks), boots don't contribute to damage except the 39 strength, belt doesn't contribute damage, gloves are aurseize so mainly mf, rings are as follows

Rarity: Rare
Wrath Hold
Coral Ring
--------
Requirements:
Level: 59
--------
Item Level: 75
--------
+30 to maximum Life
--------
Adds 4-6 Physical Damage to Attacks
+44 to Intelligence
21% increased Rarity of Items found
+20% to Cold Resistance
+29% to Chaos Resistance

Rarity: Unique
Le Heup of All
Iron Ring
--------
Requirements:
Level: 24
--------
Item Level: 74
--------
Adds 1-4 Physical Damage to Attacks
--------
20% increased Damage
+13 to all Attributes
19% increased Rarity of Items found
+14% to all Elemental Resistances
Last edited by Giglameshu on Apr 20, 2016, 3:15:21 AM
"
domelious wrote:
@scrooge999 I think they use aegis so they can use melee on full life since you constantly leech ES.

Ok I get that, especially since the build on the first page has almost no life leech. Still I'd probably rather get some leech from the Duelist area and use Added Fire Damage instead while getting to use a high armour shield. But then I haven't actually played the build yet ;).
scroogetemplar / scroogewitch / scroogemarauder

Freezing Pulser (safe + affordable): https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1529856
"
Giglameshu wrote:
I'm using the same build (followed the guide as closely as I can) but my DPS is drastically different. Currently my earthquake does 9k damage at level 87 gladiator, most of the damage nodes I've already picked so is there something I'm mising so badly? I have all damage you have (except I've currently not levelled the last 3 which is the 2 nodes for 10% damage and one which is 22% mace damage with

Even with hatred activated my Bringer of Rain with earthquake, melee damage on full life (level 1 as I only just swapped it realising the huge dps disparity), melee physical damage (level 1 same reason) and added fire damage (level 19) seems like I have 12k and can't imagine getting to 30k or so just from the levelling of the gems I mentioned.

I have varanastra, le huep of all (20% physical damage), ring with + physical damage (4-6), Bringer of rain etc. Am I missing something? I've gone through the whole game like this and just realised hte massive difference in DPS.

Swap varunastra for facebreakers, you wont be able to use EQ but hey, budget dmg. I'm lvling with them and at lvl 45, no flat phys on amulet or rings I'm at 10k dps. Sure it won't be this build but....

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info