[2.2] Full Block Earthquake with Varunastra + Aegis (Gladiator)

Hiya! Recently started leveling this build, now at 77 with all the required bits. I am, however, a bit perplexed as to why I'm not at block cap when I should be... Currently at 65% (Missing merc lab, will be doing that later today, but that'd bring me to 67%, not cap).

Linking my gear below, and you can check the tree on Zana_Montana on PHC, I must be missing something but I can't figure out what...

Absolutely loving the build thus far, only a bit concerned about not being at max block for some unknown reason :< Thanks in advance for any help provided!
Ascendancy gives us 8% block if we have been damaged recently (Painforged) which caps our block, along with the 3% from tempest shield.

Nice Armour btw!
"
Howlee wrote:

Did anyone run Uber with this build and how was it? I've never tried it on any character but I've looted one mortal set this league so could attempt it. I guess the Vaals could be problematic since the dps is somewhat limited (~52k tooltip, no EQ enchant)?

I really wouldn't fancy doing uber with this, as good as the build is.
Vaal's would be tricky, I don't think we could take them down quickly enough, and tanky as we are, I think that ball lightning is still likely to stunlock and wreck us.

Trio could be tricky too - again would be a slow takedown, and don't think we are tanky enough to go toe to toe, especially when enraged.

And Atziri herself is nasty for melee builds, especially ones where you need to stand and spam hits. You would need to hit and run with the EQ aftershocks, and it would take ages, therefore more chance to die, and running out of flasks.
"
Carlovski wrote:
Ascendancy gives us 8% block if we have been damaged recently (Painforged) which caps our block, along with the 3% from tempest shield.

Nice Armour btw!

Oh wow, I'm a dummy :P Didn't think about the ascendancy at all!

Bought the armour unsocketed, got the 6 sockets in 200 jewelers and the 6L in 500 fuses, overall quite happy with it :D Not sure what it is with this season but I had never 6 linked anything, and that's my third one this season :o
Very Thank for good build

Hey thanks for the guide and build. I never gotten this far on level and maps. I'm currently lv 91 and this is my gear.

Does anyone have a direction for me to go gear wise? Or this is pretty much it for gear? I still want to go for 60% chaos res but i don't know if that is currently possible in HCPerandus League.
Thanks for the guide! I'm managing to stay alive even with 5-second-lags which is quite a feat. I now also realize how good Aegis is with this build.

I'm running a fairly standard tree, but I'm curious how to reach higher armour + energy shield. Currently only 5k armour without pots and 320 energy shield, and I'm not sure it would pay off to invest a lot into gear at this point:

Spoiler

(yes I'm lacking some Fusings right now)

The only way to get more armour would be to take the Marauder starting points and some "%increased defense from shield" nodes, but I'm not sure they are worth it. How much armour and energy shield should I aim for at level 75?
scroogetemplar / scroogewitch / scroogemarauder

Freezing Pulser (safe + affordable): https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1529856
Dude this build is AWESOME! Thanks for sharing it man. I literally was able to facetank malachai in merciless and even Empanada Izaro on Merci Lab run at lv68 on the FIRST try.

I could not believe how much of a durability difference there was after equipping the Aegis shield though.. now I see why they're a lil on the pricier end. :)

Thanks again!! The path to lv100 has begun :o
Thanks for the guide, GeGuRi.

I'm playing a non=RT Heavy Strike version as I feel its knockback syncs with the bleed and bloodlust as the sixth gem as I employ all three counterattacking gems and they proc bleed often on their own. Secured a +1 curse anvil so my curses are warlord's and poacher's for the charges.

My gear:

Spoiler
]

A question: would you recommend unwavering stance for this build? Never taken it before and I'm using Heart of oak. I can now opt to rejig some passives to use US and save on a point or two, so am wondering if I should.
Last edited by Quixote77 on Apr 25, 2016, 7:10:26 PM
"
DuncanMac wrote:
Hey thanks for the guide and build. I never gotten this far on level and maps. I'm currently lv 91 and this is my gear.

Does anyone have a direction for me to go gear wise? Or this is pretty much it for gear? I still want to go for 60% chaos res but i don't know if that is currently possible in HCPerandus League.

Looks like you have gg gears for phc :D

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info