[2.2] Full Block Earthquake with Varunastra + Aegis (Gladiator)

Why didn't you take the http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Bloodletting node so it'd add up to Gratuitous violence?
Hi Master)) I update my chest and helm and aegis, and drop BOR and Lioneye, start use 6l now. Its AWESOM! Have 5600 hp and 950 ES, 8500 armour and 16k dps))))
Just facetanked Twinned T9 Dominus and Twinned t10 Argus whitout problem. Stay and hit)))
BUT T12 Village ruin BOSS its fkin insane, what do you deal whit him? I have chaos resist 97% in HO, need 38 for cap.

PS can you ask or test what give us more DPS - Lion's Roar or Atziri Flask?
village ruin boss is not hard to deal with, the idea is try aim the bird first as it is the kiter type and the pig will definitely within reach of earthquake. u want earthquake to hit both bosses so both go down together.
Last edited by mlvnk83 on Mar 29, 2016, 7:34:48 PM
This Build rocks hard! Killed Abaxoth and the other 2 Unique Beyond Bosses on T10 Zana map.
BoR is a really Budget Option but u need a high armor 6L chest to be succesful.

@op: Pleeease add your screenshots in your guide and not 7 post later :)
X
Last edited by Valkoon on Mar 29, 2016, 9:43:59 PM
"
treitz wrote:
This Build rocks hard! Killed Abaxoth and the other 2 Unique Beyond Bosses on T10 Zana map.
BoR is a really Budget Option but u need a high armor 6L chest to be succesful.

Yea, i'm starting to realize this. My BoR is having trouble with some T9 and T10.
"
mlvnk83 wrote:
Hi OP,

I'm currently testing using 3 auras with 6L coil. Basically standard set up with dedicated 4L to herald of ash - artic armor - hatred - Enlighten.

Without investing any mana nodes / reservation, lvl 2 enlighten will let me have 27 (out of 680 mana pool). Earthquake 6L mana cost is 21 mana cost

With an attack of 0.42 swing per sec, i'd need 21/0.42 = 50 mana to feel comfortable.

I estimate enlighten lvl 3 should give me 54 mana which is just nice. This however has not considered the effect of mana degen map mods up to 80% in highest tier. As currently I'm lvl 97, I have 3 more points when I reach 100, and allow me to invest 2 points in mana nodes (Mana Flows, Revelry or Druidic Rite). I'm leaning toward picking up Druidic Rite for the flask charge and duration bonus but it depend on whether I have enough intelligence on my end game gears. If getting intelligence is a problem, Mana Flow provide +20 on top of the mana.

I really hope to test this in mana degen map mod and see how it goes. Worst case scenario would be requiring lvl 4 enlighten and 1 big mana nodes to feel comfortable.

The idea is since we have aegis providing max cold resist, it would be nice artic armour able to provide buffer against fire. And that will be 2 out of 3 elements that we will have solid defense against. What do you think of this set up.

One other option to reduce the mana reserve is to use Alpha's Howl, not sure what your helm is currently. I know it could be rather expensive to switch, with the enchant issue, but if you don't have the enchant yet, it's an option.
Last edited by vysirez on Mar 30, 2016, 12:33:23 AM
From your build with BoR, you think Unwavering Stance and Iron Reflexes is worth it? Our build uses both Blind and Enfeeble which both are debuff that decreases the chance to be hit by quite a large margin, 50% for Blind and 30%-35% accuracy decrease. That is a lot more damage coming in but it won't stun us. Also, I think since we have Unwavering Stance then we will be crit more often as well since a swing doesn't need to double roll us like if we didn't have it.

I haven't grabbed those nodes yet but just curious on your thoughts.

Thanks!
Hi, I had the craziest RNG yesterday and found a drillneck, tabula, lightning coil and shavs within 1 hour of farming vaal zones for challenges x)
Well, by selling the shavs I got my aegis but I was wondering if I should try to 6L the lightning coil and use it or sell it as well and get a high armor 6L instead?
Not sure which would be better since this build allready offers a lot of phys reduction. Is lightning coil good/worth it or am I better off with something else?
Thanks for the help!
Just got to lvl 64 and equipped my Varunastra - was going ok with a lvl 41 mace, but it was a huge DPS boost, even more when I took the deadly dilettante cluster. At about 20k dps with quite a few dps nodes still to take, and a couple of decent jewels in the stash ready to go.
One thing I hadn't appreciated was how quick whirling blades was going to be with all the attack speed mods we take.

I notice you take the ranger life/evasion nodes - do they really do that much with little/no base evasion? Would take eventually for the lif I guess, but there are more efficient life nodes to take first.

Aegis is working well, even though I am still wearing a tabula (I did have a rare I was going to wear at lvl 57, but sold just before I got there) - need 4 more levels for my end game armour.
With my current gearing my es total isn't going to be great, might need to look at getting some pure es boots. Not sure if crafting %es on rings would ever be worthwhile - maybe armour would be better. It's expensive too (Though I did randomly 6l a quill rain yesterday and sold, so got a bit of currency).
Thinking of trying to squeeze in Molten Shell (On the high level CWDT setup with golem) - but it can sometimes bite back on ele reflect (Guildmate ripped in hardcore at lvl 89 from it)

Current gear -

Helm to be swapped for my 30% reduced EQ duration one next level, chest to be replaced for a 1680 armour rare in 4. Made the mistake of pre-buying a lot of my gear, which does take some of the fun out of levelling. Can still improve rings and probably gloves and boots though.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info