[2.2] Full Block Earthquake with Varunastra + Aegis (Gladiator)

The purpose of IR is boosting your armour so you get more ES per block via Aegis effect.
As for blind and enfeeble, blind is never a reliable survival mechanic as you have not considered spell/range mob or boss. As for enfeeble, since this guide is built with hard core in mind, having a chance based survivability will bound to have bad RNG. BLind/enfeeble are something nice to have but should not be considered as your core defense. Thats my opinion.
Last edited by mlvnk83 on Mar 28, 2016, 10:05:26 PM
hiya can i ask something, where are you getting your life leech?

and is there any possible way to use frenzy charges? I am used to using blood rage but i cannot use it with aegis build

thanks!
"
behbehbehbeh wrote:

and is there any possible way to use frenzy charges? I am used to using blood rage but i cannot use it with aegis build

thanks!

I don't think the main build uses LL. He's relying on regen and the ES regen on block from the Aegis Aurora for sustain. For Frenzy charges, an easy way to get it in the build would be Blood Dance boots. It might make resists a bit harder, plus they remove some of the attack speed, but it's the best method I see.

For LL, I don't have an Aegis yet, so I went ahead and picked up Lust for Carnage, which gives a fair bit of LL. Another option is Splitting Strikes for a little bit of LL and some damage.
Last edited by vysirez on Mar 29, 2016, 2:59:42 AM
"
behbehbehbeh wrote:

thanks!

u can get life leech from jewel/ gloves/ amulet / ring
this build unfortunately cant use bloodrage
"
vysirez wrote:
"
behbehbehbeh wrote:

thanks!

I don't think the main build uses LL. He's relying on regen and the ES regen on block from the Aegis Aurora for sustain. For Frenzy charges, an easy way to get it in the build would be Blood Dance boots. It might make resists a bit harder, plus they remove some of the attack speed, but it's the best method I see.

For LL, I don't have an Aegis yet, so I went ahead and picked up Lust for Carnage, which gives a fair bit of LL. Another option is Splitting Strikes for a little bit of LL and some damage.

regen/ aegis es should be fine for sustain.
I actually added life leech on one of the jewel for hard bosses, it's not really noticeable but it's something :D
Hi OP,

I'm currently testing using 3 auras with 6L coil. Basically standard set up with dedicated 4L to herald of ash - artic armor - hatred - Enlighten.

Without investing any mana nodes / reservation, lvl 2 enlighten will let me have 27 (out of 680 mana pool). Earthquake 6L mana cost is 21 mana cost

With an attack of 0.42 swing per sec, i'd need 21/0.42 = 50 mana to feel comfortable.

I estimate enlighten lvl 3 should give me 54 mana which is just nice. This however has not considered the effect of mana degen map mods up to 80% in highest tier. As currently I'm lvl 97, I have 3 more points when I reach 100, and allow me to invest 2 points in mana nodes (Mana Flows, Revelry or Druidic Rite). I'm leaning toward picking up Druidic Rite for the flask charge and duration bonus but it depend on whether I have enough intelligence on my end game gears. If getting intelligence is a problem, Mana Flow provide +20 on top of the mana.

I really hope to test this in mana degen map mod and see how it goes. Worst case scenario would be requiring lvl 4 enlighten and 1 big mana nodes to feel comfortable.

The idea is since we have aegis providing max cold resist, it would be nice artic armour able to provide buffer against fire. And that will be 2 out of 3 elements that we will have solid defense against. What do you think of this set up.
Has anybody here noticed or tested whether gratuitous violence reduces your loot gain? Asking here since this is one of the few builds i know that uses that node.
ign:SerCleavy
I noticed occasionally crabs don't transform into second forms and no loot otherwise I don't feel any difference with other mobs
"
mlvnk83 wrote:
Hi OP,

I'm currently testing using 3 auras with 6L coil. Basically standard set up with dedicated 4L to herald of ash - artic armor - hatred - Enlighten.

Without investing any mana nodes / reservation, lvl 2 enlighten will let me have 27 (out of 680 mana pool). Earthquake 6L mana cost is 21 mana cost

With an attack of 0.42 swing per sec, i'd need 21/0.42 = 50 mana to feel comfortable.

I estimate enlighten lvl 3 should give me 54 mana which is just nice. This however has not considered the effect of mana degen map mods up to 80% in highest tier. As currently I'm lvl 97, I have 3 more points when I reach 100, and allow me to invest 2 points in mana nodes (Mana Flows, Revelry or Druidic Rite). I'm leaning toward picking up Druidic Rite for the flask charge and duration bonus but it depend on whether I have enough intelligence on my end game gears. If getting intelligence is a problem, Mana Flow provide +20 on top of the mana.

I really hope to test this in mana degen map mod and see how it goes. Worst case scenario would be requiring lvl 4 enlighten and 1 big mana nodes to feel comfortable.

The idea is since we have aegis providing max cold resist, it would be nice artic armour able to provide buffer against fire. And that will be 2 out of 3 elements that we will have solid defense against. What do you think of this set up.

Hey,

Those 3 auras will give you a bit tankiness while not losing any of dps, I like it.

I am currently running determination + hatred with lvl4 enlighten, but I think it should be just fine with lvl 3 enlighten as well.

I am sitting at 81 mana remaining, and having no problem at all even in no regen maps, so you should be good.

Just by looking at defensive wise, I would prefer determination over arctic armour (since it goes well with aegis), but since you are also able to use herald of ash and gain more dps+ clear speed.

I can't say which setup is better, but I personally just prefer determination since I am lacking some armour without it.

"
Angelolz wrote:
Has anybody here noticed or tested whether gratuitous violence reduces your loot gain? Asking here since this is one of the few builds i know that uses that node.

I haven't really notice much, but didn't really test it.
If it is actually happening, it should be barely noticeable I assume.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info