[2.2] Phys Crit Iron Commander Siege Ballista || Atziri Down || Budget

Just one small question.

On your CWDT setup, why do you use enduring cry if it doesnt work with CWDT anymore?
My take on helm in HC is Starkonja. gives a big chunk of life, 50 dex and crit+speed. Abyssus is sooo non-HC item for me.

So what ascendancy classes / points did you guys take?

I only had 2 questions... why Iron Reflexes wouldn't you get a decent amount of evasion from 1200 dex? Also is the phys dmg from cruel worth losing the skillpoint?
"
Iron Reflexes
Keystone Passive Skill

Converts all Evasion Rating to Armour
Dexterity provides no bonus to Evasion Rating

I've seen a surprising number of people ask about this. Here's your answer: You get nothing, good day, sir.
"
Jonmcdonald wrote:
"
Iron Reflexes
Keystone Passive Skill

Converts all Evasion Rating to Armour
Dexterity provides no bonus to Evasion Rating

I've seen a surprising number of people ask about this. Here's your answer: You get nothing, good day, sir.

If that was towards me... that wasn't my question

if you get 1200 dex.. you should get a decent amount of evasion right? so why take iron reflexes instead of staying evasion? unless i'm missing a point
"
ravensshade wrote:
if you get 1200 dex.. you should get a decent amount of evasion right? so why take iron reflexes instead of staying evasion? unless i'm missing a point

That's my point: I agree.
Going past 800 dex seems like a bad idea. You spend so much effort getting that 1 or 2 extra ballista but you sacrifice a lot of dps.

As an example:
30k per ballista x 5 = 150k | 15k x 7 = 105k. It just doesn't seem worth it to me. Especially because you have to set up all 7 ballista, so your clear speed suffers too.

At Level 70:

DPS
Spoiler

Gear
Spoiler

Passive Tree

Someone already mentioned this but Starkonja's Head fits this build perfectly. The +100 hp is awesome too. Though your tool tip says rat's nest gives more dps if you're crit-capped with power charges then Starkkonja's is better.

Also, Silver Flasks boost your dps a lot too, though taste of haste is probably better for defensive purposes.

Lastly, after swapping out a bunch of gems to see which works best I found the best combination was:

Siege Ballista + Slower Projectiles + Physical to Lightning + Weapon Elemental Damage + Faster Attacks + Physical Projectile Attack Damage

Frenzy + Mana Leech + Power Charge on Critical + Culling Strike

Other links are:

Cast When Damage Taken + Molten Shell + Immortal Call + Phase Run

Increased Duration + Frost Wall + Blink Arrow + Faster Casting

Manual casting Frost Wall worked really well for me against bosses.

I prefer taking Fast & Deadly and Sharp & Venomous. Those 2 seem to help with damage the most. Far shot is too conditional, especially when in tile sets indoors.

The other unique that, in my opinion, is best in slot would be Maligaro's Virtuosity.

Here's my completed passive tree.

Put the Fluid Motion jewel in the jewel slot near Totemic Mastery to gain +60 dex.

Put the Static Electrictiy jewel in the jewel slot above Herbalism for a huge dps boost. This jewel can also be swapped out for a good rare with +life, +damage/attack speed

And the last Jewel slot near the Duelist holds Rain of Splinters
Last edited by FoldedCorner on Mar 21, 2016, 2:12:45 AM
i would rather do this as Scion using the dead eye, assassin 60 more dex 2skill points and you dont really lose that much as % projectile damage yet gain bit more?
2 bad you dont really gain the power charges totems grant would grant :P

-sorry i missed the powerful precisions 100% pierce % crit increase (witch of some wont even show on tooltip)

-- looking at the scion life wheel why not put point to path of warrior? +12% physical damage not marked as melee?
Last edited by Drikon on Mar 21, 2016, 1:37:38 AM
been gone for the last 5 days so i'll try and answer some of the questions listed here.

As mentioned before IR is purely prefference. I have taken it at this time just because there wasn't a great selection of dex,life,dual res gear at the time so i couldn't be picky about my bases. I have the same phys mit as I would evasion rating so I opted just to have the flat phys mit.

CWDT has EC in it because I caste it manually and I want it linked it increased duration which effects the flat life regen duration.

800 dex is better then 1000 dex. I just decided to hit 1000 dex and push to 1200 dex because no one else had but left for 5 days right after I finished testing this.

I see people coming to me with 30k and 35k tooltips calling themselves a crit build. That is great and all but generally your crit is very low (sub 40%) and your HP is horrific, 120% or even lower. Seen some even under 100%.

Ill be tweaking the tree a little to optimize it but it shouldn't be a strain on your regret stash in the least. You don't even need to really change anything in its current state. Maybe just mix up some jewels and gear a little.

also I as I have mentioned elemental damage will have higher tooltips then physical but you can't see the damage from bleeds and poisons. Also elemental damage falls off harder in later maps then physical. If you want ele damage, go templar crit.

edit:

current planned changes

changes give us the same life, more flat damage, more attack speed, same crit, Acro, and room for other things if desired. We lost a frenzy charge but made up for it plus some with our flat damage gains.
Last edited by Kartikdon on Mar 21, 2016, 7:45:34 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info