[2.2] Phys Crit Iron Commander Siege Ballista || Atziri Down || Budget

Bah! I build around Iron Commander and played for weeks that build before i check the net and find that there are guides about this stuff... Looks like i had the same idea as you :)

I am going with 5 totems and almost same tree as you but i am using another links.

Spoiler
SB + Critchance gem + ppad + pierce (for the MORE damage) + Slower proj (again) + Poison.

Slower Projectiles gem has the cool side effect of not letting me kill stuff too far offscreen and since we shoot ARROWS our projectiles can not get shorter than a fixed amount so thats not an issue with the gem on bow builds. For those who did not knew that :)

Poison is a debuff that deals 10% of the ( phys and chaos) damage from a hit as chaos damage per sec for 2 sek

The poison GEM however double dips dps increases to anything that affects chaos, dots and whatever attack type it is linked to (we have SB witch is totem, attack, projectile) so if we calculate the damage we get from poison support gem we will have something like 80% from the hit poison damage per sec for 2 seconds (not calculating Hatred and Herald of Ash)
Spoiler

increases that affect the poison gem: 100% (drillneck) + 41% (projectile damage increases on tree) + 60% (proj increases in ascendancy - i get Fast and Deadly) + 20% (chaos damage from Fangs of the Viper on the tree) + 12% ( attack damage increase from Coldhearted Calculation on the tree) + 20% (ish) (from the pooison gem itself) = 253%

MOREs that affect the poison gem: (lets say our gems are not highest level) 26% (slower proj) * 26% (pierce) * 40% (projectile weakness curse)

After all the calculations i get 78.4%. So in my setup the poison gem gives me 78% of my attack damage as dot on the target instead the usual 10% a poison not from the gem would. Per sec. For 2 sec so its 156% attack damage over 2 sek - it is like a double damage for every attack i deal (for the sake of clarity i did not calculated Hatred aura or Herald of Ash elemental damage)
And that is not considering other stuff like Far Shot and Point Blank - they also double dip.

Edit: forgot to consider the Rain of Splinters penalty and the MOREs from the frenzy charges; also since i started using Poison gem i removed Point Blank and i definitely do not regret that. Charge generator and curse setup i am using is a 5link in the bow with this gems:

Frenzy + GMP + Power Charge on Crit + Curse on Hit + Projectile Weakness.

The poison gem will have no effect on stuff that are dying fast but from my experience it is insane on bosses and rare mobs that i am not already killing for 2-3 sek. Playing with Tabula so i could try lots of combos.

Spoiler
Why not Faster Attacks gem?

I think with the totem and ppad penalty the quantity of attack speed i need to get from 1 gem to outperform other gems would be far above what the AS gem gives. I am not saying attack speed is useless but i think once i have so many damage increases on the tree that i get more benefit from 1 point in attack speed than from 1 point in damage increase then i would just focus on some AS. At the moment i have already 59% attack speed increase from the tree and ascendancy without aiming for it at all and that also reduces the benefit from Faster Attacks gem compared to something with MORE multiplier.
I am thinking like this: I place faster all 5 totems = i shoot 5 times instead once so in a way totem placement speed outperforms attack speed when considering clear speed on maps.

That is only what i think and i guess the FA gem would feel like quality of life improvement with totems shooting once every second, but i am happy without it.

Sorry about the wall of text; i hope someone will take some idea from what i typed and improve his build or would give me some feedback so i can improve too :)

So far never been consumed so much by a build. Its awesomely fun :)
Last edited by BGkamaz on May 11, 2016, 1:51:44 PM
If you get a 6L then the best is for your Siege Ballista. However, if you get a second 6L then I find this really nice.

Using curse on hit with a curse (enfeeble in this case) gives you very good coverage with your curse. Remember the main goal is not really damage but instead for power charges, frenzy charges, and curse.
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
Going for dual curse with the +1 curse ring when i get 2nd 6-link
I have 1 mana leech point next to Essence Sap near the ranger part of the tree and i am running Hatred and Clarity so i dont need mana leech gem even when i spam Frenzy.

Curses i am planning to use: Projectile weakness and Temporal Chains. With the Poison gem Temporal Chains is nice defense and also a dps increase on high HP targets where the poison gem have time to work. Tried that by putting my totem setup (except ppad) in the 5link and the curse setup in the 6link; i think its the best way to go since my playstyle is placing totems and kiting.
Or i could buy Maligaro with Temp Chains on hit corruption and replace my clear maligaro lol! And i was colecting currency to buy 6link bow oO
I feel so smart right now :(
I'm currently running a chieftain variant with taunting ballista's. It is effective and fun :)
Made a variation on your skill tree for HC:

Spoiler
http://poedb.tw/us/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAICAQBeAO4FLQW1CC4NjQ-rEMwT2hUgFUMWvxmOGbQbrRvIIXYj9iaVKk0s6S2DMHwx-jWSNj031DnUOuE8LT7PPydDMUd-Sn1KyEz_TZJN41FHVUtVhVoaW69h4mKsZU1l02qTbIxtbG6qcFJxQ3Ttdct1_Xb3eu97FHsgfXV_K4Nfg8yEb4azhs6HdonTjAuMNo19jb-UuJuNnaqgn6OKpcumV63CsQG0xbVItfK3Prl8u-O9Nr3mvqfBM8LswzPEosauz17P3dN-1CPWiti92rHawd0N45_qYuyw7T_tg-4O73rxivJF-JP5Y_zF_gr-h_6P_ro=

It has more life, and dex and more projectile damage but less phys bow dmg from tree, overall I think its a good build, have started levelling a char to use it.
Last edited by thevdende on Sep 11, 2016, 1:29:16 PM
my build currently is going to be something like this, just came to look for some pointers. good guide.

Is enfeeble and mana leech, power charge on crit etc still the best curse to use for this build?
Tyrs Paladium - DoT Enthusiast.
Is this viable for 2.6 / will this be updated for 3.0?
Player numbers are plummeting.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info