League challenges - the pre-loading of challenges should be disabled

Just another "take from others because I don't like it" demands. How does the current iteration even effect you in the slightest?
This feels like yet another post about people being salty not being able to do some challenges because they're "gated" by players pricing it...
Just another Forum Signature in a Sea of Signatures.
Completely disagree. There were instances where i wouldnt have found a single thing without someone elses help.

Perandus Leagues unique Chest would be the case for me this time. The only one i got was from buying it off of someone else, otherwise i havent found a single one.

I believe its called "Perandus Locker", guaranteed unique perandus chest.

By removing the ability to get challenges you mess up alot of things. First off it would mess up anyone unlucky enough like myself to not come across something specific for the entire duration of the league. Second off you remove a large aspect of the economy which is selling challenges you dont need to others.

And of course, theres people like me who will sell certain challenges but give plenty of others away for free. I gave away quite a few Tantalos during the duration of perandus league to help others out, also plenty of the twinned T12+ as well, soo in that case you would be removing a third aspect which is community involvement and the social aspect of helping others.
Harvest sucks! But look at my decked out gear two weeks in!

Labyrinth salt farm miner.

"But my build diversity" , "Game is too hard!" - Meta drone playing the same 1-3 builds for years.
Last edited by Tin_Foil_Hat on May 29, 2016, 5:55:00 AM
"
Xtorma wrote:
Just another "take from others because I don't like it" demands. How does the current iteration even effect you in the slightest?

Not at all. Rather, take from those who sit half a day at global 820 leeching free challenges in under 5 seconds each with zero effort and give a challenges minigame with a proper QUESTING to everybody. Also, a good context for fair challenge sharing MARKET for those who are willing to run them for others and vice versa.

The current state is just a huge unfair heap of non-sense which global 820 will show again fast once the new league starts. We'll see hundreds of reddit scammer accusation, naming, shaming, trading (while not allowed at global), stealing, spamming, etc. In case challenges would be even remotely based around partying up and PLAYING for them, people would actually make a party and say "hey guys, lets clear X zone together", or "lets kill Y boss together", etc.

"
This feels like yet another post about people being salty not being able to do some challenges because they're "gated" by players pricing it...

On contrary - the suggestions from the OP would make a consistent market for those who wanna do services.

"
Tin_Foil_Hat wrote:
By removing the ability to get challenges you mess up alot of things. First off it would mess up anyone unlucky enough like myself to not come across something specific for the entire duration of the league. Second off you remove a large aspect of the economy which is selling challenges you dont need to others.

And of course, theres people like me who will sell certain challenges but give plenty of others away for free. I gave away quite a few Tantalos during the duration of perandus league to help others out, also plenty of the twinned T12+ as well, soo in that case you would be removing a third aspect which is community involvement and the social aspect of helping others.

Please read the OP post again. Suggestion I gave would NOT remove the ability to share challenges, on contrary, it would make a questing for challenges a bit more systematic and non-liberal experience. The RNG stuff like "find a specific chest", can still remain shareable ad-hoc, but challenges like "full clear twinned T14" should be party-locked before the map was opened.
Last edited by npavcec on May 31, 2016, 1:11:59 PM
Couple thoughts ...

channel 820 is voluntary sharing community, nobody force anybody to use channel 820 or to share or to join others while doing challenges. There are many guilds that do daily chains together, challenges together and mapping together.
By penalizing players who are lazy or knows no different, i am missing the reason. And it can't be just he salt.

Lets take it, what kind of consequences it could have
- general party play - you won't be able to do quests unless you started in the group who started the quest
- party racing - shall we forbid party racing from skipping areas and running for quests?

By that, the instance based system would have to change into something like Labyrinth is designed now - you have to enter with the party, or you are not allowed.

Any sweet talk about that the amount of challenges should somehow reflect personal achievements, cmon, we are playing game, we enjoy it, achievements? Some players consider farming maps for 100 hours to get the lvl 100 as an achievement. Cmon, get real and stop taking PoE so seriously.

And yes, I have done my 40/40 in cooperation with channel 820, but mostly i was the one offering twin Abyss full clear, corrupted 8mod maps or just exchanging masters while running low maps. It's a way to play, you don't have to do the same things as others. You can still enjoy the game on your own.
I represent only myself, my own thought and believes. I am individual, not a representative of the community.
I am not speaking on behalf of someone else and I don't get offended by things that have nothing to do with me.

3.13 was the golden age.
bump
because op linked to the thread on reddit i want to bump it so it gets more attention.

it's actually a great solution until ggg implemented some tech that supports sharing or trading stuff in your instances.

I disagree GGG loves making this RNG bullshit thing without it I'd straight up just quit probably.

Finding a lich ON MY OWN is not a good time.

See if they review the whole RNG bullshit that they have yeah I'll straight up agree with this you shouldn't really be able to buy challenges when you didn't do anything but paid money for it lol

However for multiple leagues now RNG challenges are there because apparently the challenge guy on there team doesn't know what a challenge is I guess and mask it as a ''GET TOGETHER THE COMMUNITY'' Get that shit outa of here dude.

But yeah I'll agree to the OP if they review this RNG garbage they've been doing EVERY FUCKING LEAGUE.

Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Last edited by Coconutdoggy on Jan 1, 2018, 7:41:58 PM
I strongly disagree. Why?

Look at my statistic, how many maps I cleared, etc. I seen only 9 liches, and one of them I bought, because fuckin Ulaman do not spawn for me. How many weeks I must to nonstop rush abysses to meet them by myself? And yes, it's not something hard or skill based. They just don't spawn, because of RNG.

And game depend of pure RNG a lot.

Spoiler
No sharing/trade? Thanks, I'm leave.
E = mc^(OMG)/wtf
Finding 50 liches without sharing? I would rather not play the league at all. Period.

GGG would need to change the way they "design" challenges altogether to accomodate this.
And we all know how likely is that

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info