[2.4] Pure SRS *Cheap* *Atziri* *Magic Find* *Endgame Viable*

"
Okay so deafening essence of loathing, the wiki says 7% mana reserve reduction, but in game it is only 5%.

You could still make it work with a conquerer's efficiency jewel, but at that point you're probably giving up too much.

Still, if you got a GG craft with good life and tri-res, might be worth it, but it would take a pretty good one to give up not only the +2 auras but the jewel socket as well.

Thanks for all the math and consideration.

I'm sad that the wiki is wrong. :(
How much does anger really helps in damage? It seems pretty poor boost since it does not scale from linked support gems. What is better haste or anger?
⎛⎝⎛⎝⎠⎞⎛⎝⎛⎝⎛⎝⎠⎞⎛⎝⎛⎝⎠⎞⎛⎝⎛⎝⎛⎝⎠⎞⎛⎝⎛⎝⎠⎞⎛⎝⎛⎝⎛⎝⎠⎞⎠⎞ ☼ EVIL ☼ ⎛⎝⎛⎝⎠⎞⎛⎝⎛⎝⎛⎝⎠⎞⎛⎝⎛⎝⎠⎞⎝⎛⎝⎛⎝⎠⎞⎠⎞⎛⎝⎛⎝⎠⎞⎛⎝⎛⎝⎠⎞⎠⎞
Clan ‡Evil‡ (Discord) https://discord.gg/faVmKsP
"
Lazer_Death wrote:
How much does anger really helps in damage? It seems pretty poor boost since it does not scale from linked support gems. What is better haste or anger?

It benefits from minion damage, spell echo, and melee splash. It doesn't benefit from melee physical or empower. It doesn't benefit from hatred.

Anyway I basically did the math for this above, but lets fill it in. With level 25 SRS and level 22 anger it is:

103*1.75 / [1367.25*(1+ 0.37*1.75)] = 8% more damage from anger, with level 25 SRS.

That's of course not counting the commander of darkness damage, because I assume if you were considering swapping it to something, you'd still have that bonus.

-----------------------

Lets also consider the case where you only have a 5L +2 staff, and don't use empower. This should make anger look better, since it doesn't scale off empower / srs gem level.

Level 22 SRS is only 679 average damage, base. 1018.5 with melee phys.

103*1.75 / [1018.5*(1+ 0.37*1.75)] = 11% more damage from anger, with level 22 SRS.

-----------------------

As I described above haste is harder to value, because you don't take full advantage of cast speed due to the 50 spirits cap. However if we take my values from above and naively fully value cast speed, we get:

[1 + 1.42 + 0.23]*[1 + 0.73 + 0.23] / ([1 + 1.42]*[1 + 0.73])-1 = 24% more damage.

So 24%, that's the ceiling (the most damage it could possibly contribute). That represents a fight where you start at 0 spirits, end the fight before hitting 50 spirits.

We can calculate a minimum value too:

[1 + 0.73 + 0.23] / [1 + 0.73]-1 = 13% more damage.

Here what I've done is to simply remove cast speed from the equation. This represents a fight where you start and end the fight with 50 active spirits.

The reality is, therefor, based on how you play, haste's damage contribution is between 13-24% more damage.

So even worst case, it is better than anger. There's also quality of life gained from the move speed and the cast speed.

-------------------------------

Accounting for enemy resists (negative or positive) could skew the anger numbers in either direction a bit, of course.

The real question is, what aura would you run instead of anger?
When can you run 3 50% auras? I counted 30% reduction on tree + alpha's howl. If you have 1000 mana that leaves us with 70 mana after reservation. Can I expect to have much more mana? Or crazy mana regen?

Not sure how it's doable
"
Medoo wrote:
When can you run 3 50% auras? I counted 30% reduction on tree + alpha's howl. If you have 1000 mana that leaves us with 70 mana after reservation. Can I expect to have much more mana? Or crazy mana regen?

Not sure how it's doable

I have 1800 mana, and I don't have the dynamo circle like the OP does (I don't need it because I'm still on a 5 link, and my mana regen is more than enough).

But yes, you do need to go kind of crazy with the mana regen. You're not spending down a pool, you're directly spending your regen so you need to be regen-stable. You only need ~2 SRS casts worth of actual pool.

Speaking about mana, the OP says you can't run no-mana maps, but I actually find I'm able to. I turn off anger, haste, and clarity, and run 2x mana potions, and I'm pretty much fine. Progress is much slower, but the maps are clearable.
Another essence that may be useful is minion speed (fear):

I haven't gotten a really good craft yet, but seems like a pretty good mod to pick up. The extra minion speed really gets the little guys going around the map, helps with clear speed quite a noticeable amount.

The mod appears to be a suffix.
Last edited by magicrectangle on Sep 16, 2016, 6:46:36 AM
I realise this is meant to be a cheap build but is this build open for improvements item wise? I am pretty new to the game, what's next after I purchase the listed items. Thanks!
Last edited by Nyanfloyd on Sep 16, 2016, 6:57:30 AM
"

I plan to use something like this

since i will need more vitality stats i bought a helmet

so maximum that i can apply with my life based on Kaom build is dmg 2 auras, and maybe 1 vitality aura.

What do you think? I dont like alpha because it gives evasion and no HP.
⎛⎝⎛⎝⎠⎞⎛⎝⎛⎝⎛⎝⎠⎞⎛⎝⎛⎝⎠⎞⎛⎝⎛⎝⎛⎝⎠⎞⎛⎝⎛⎝⎠⎞⎛⎝⎛⎝⎛⎝⎠⎞⎠⎞ ☼ EVIL ☼ ⎛⎝⎛⎝⎠⎞⎛⎝⎛⎝⎛⎝⎠⎞⎛⎝⎛⎝⎠⎞⎝⎛⎝⎛⎝⎠⎞⎠⎞⎛⎝⎛⎝⎠⎞⎛⎝⎛⎝⎠⎞⎠⎞
Clan ‡Evil‡ (Discord) https://discord.gg/faVmKsP
Guide is great.
Damage is insane.
Playstyle is fun. (most of the time)

Defense is utterly shit. The leveling experience was great but every single physical big hit from maps you instantly die from. Running Quay? Make sure do not run any possible harmful mod or he will oneshot you. Running Uberlab? Make sure to stock up on the quicksilver flasks, if he hits.. you dead.

Now I don't usually play the summoner type of builds but I've got some sort of poe experience atleast.
It may be the fact that I'm doing something wrong but looking at your videos it seems you're having the same issue. Low hp, little to now physical defense.
SRS is supposed to be the fast clearing, constantly running/casting type of build. Sure it works fine between tiers of 1-8. Damage is also fine for doing it in 9-14 maps BUT the fact that you can't because you WILL die if you're running with the spirits into the packs.
So yes, I can stand behind and let the spirits run in first but clearing like that I might aswell play some dumb totem build and it's extremely slow, still the fact now that every boss room is an arena you can't let the spirits do it alone boss will come after you. Aaaand fuck no, nobody is going to run white tier:11+ maps if that was what anyone was thinking. There will be harmful mods on the maps. This build is only great for farming exp on gems in Dried Lake.

Just my opinion on the build, still was a blast until I hit higher maps.
Thou shalt not guard.
"
Lazer_Death wrote:
"

I plan to use something like this

since i will need more vitality stats i bought a helmet

so maximum that i can apply with my life based on Kaom build is dmg 2 auras, and maybe 1 vitality aura.

What do you think? I dont like alpha because it gives evasion and no HP.

If you drop a 50% aura you could drop the charisma circle, which would free up 10 points for putting into life nodes.

Anger is definitely the aura to drop, if you're dropping one. That would leave you with 23% reserve reduction counting the essence hat. That isn't enough to run a 35% aura, but it is enough to move clarity back to mana for even more life.

Given the amount of damage this build puts out, and how glass it is, you can probably afford to lose the 4th aura for survivability and still have great damage. In fact, I may try that myself.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info