[2.4] The Vampire - Tanky 2H Slayer Duelist (90k+DPS) [budget,acrobatics,evasion,leech] - Core Clear

How do you feel about Hyrri's Ire and Bronn's Lithe as chest options. In my mind Hyrri's should synergize well with acrobatics and Bronn's would be a little dps boost.
"
Skillywilly wrote:
How do you feel about Hyrri's Ire and Bronn's Lithe as chest options. In my mind Hyrri's should synergize well with acrobatics and Bronn's would be a little dps boost.

Lack of life is what made me not really opt for those two, with Hyrri my evasion rating would probably be around 15k but the loss of life would be rather brutal.

Guess you could use Bronn's if you put more life in the tree, to compensate for the lack of life and the chest itself should provide around 5 points of DPS passives so it might be an ok option.
[2.2] The Vampire - Tanky 2H Axe Slayer Duelist - /view-thread/1611662
Last edited by Mannoth on Apr 23, 2016, 6:32:35 PM
Thanks for developing and posting this build. Back around 1.0, I asked about the possibility of making a 2H leech build work, and was told it wasn't viable. I'm so excited to finally get to indulge my bloodlust...

Some questions:

-- Why not Lust for Carnage notable? (1.2% of phys damage leeched, 20% increased leech per second) My inner munchkin says STACK AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE, but maybe it's just not needed or an inefficient use of points.

-- Similarly, what do you think about getting some frenzy charge nodes?

-- ...and finally, what about the Fortify nodes? Extra damage, extra defense... but it would cost four nodes, so I dunno, might not be worth it. (I was thinking of more evenly splitting between armor and evasion, and dropping Acrobatics, but you list Acrobatics as a pro so I might not be giving it enough credit!)

Thanks again for posting this build, and for any advice.
With blood rage I am already at 6% life leech so stacking more % leech isn't that needed really, I cap out my leech versus single target in a second or so (currently leeching 2660 life per second).

Frenzy charges are great DPS boosts, I just don't want to use frenzy for boss fights and as such didn't bother getting more than the 3 we get. It's a matter of preference and I prefer constant DPS improvements instead or more life.

With rampart (15% fortify effect) you are looking at 23% reduction vs 20% reduction, a 4% more life multiplier.
That means for every 50% life increase you get an effective 2% life from those nodes (so at 150% life rampart is equiv to 6% life while at 200% it is equivalent to 8% life).

That being said when you factor in that you can get at least double the life or double the DPS for that investment it really isn't that great of a cluster.

As for acrobatics and hybrid armor/evasion, I can only tell you this:
1. You can't stack good armor with 2h users because you lack the shield, especially without juggernaut
2. The benefits of acrobatics is also phase acrobatics which benefits us a lot

Also a small update, i hit level 93 today on perandus chaining t11-t12 and t13 maps and brought my life to 6999 :)

I am thinking of making a video of a t15 clear to showcase the video, just not sure if i can handle Core because of negative chaos res :)
Last edited by Mannoth on Apr 26, 2016, 6:19:00 PM
Added new video to original post.
I'm really enjoying this build. Fun and fast paced but not so face-roll that I no longer need to think, thanks for this.
"
Yaan wrote:
I'm really enjoying this build. Fun and fast paced but not so face-roll that I no longer need to think, thanks for this.

Glad to hear mate, feel free to ask if anything isn't clear in the guide or if I missed to cover some points.
Added alternative to Essence Worm & Hatred:

Combined with Blasphemy Enfeeble this allows us to gain more effective life in almost all situations (Barring curse immune maps/enemies). It is also easy to swap out for such maps if you feel like it.

DPS loss is negligible (In hideout it drops from 61 to 55k) versus no resist enemies and higher versus high resist enemies (It breaks even with Hatred at 55% cold resist and 0% chaos resist) ,and survival boost is noticeable and outweights the loss of 15% life.

On a plus side the ring costs 1 chaos so it's easy to test out also.

I lose 350 life (5%) compared to Essence worm but gain 35% more effective life with enfeeble so it means 30% more effective life total. Versus endgame bosses the reduction of enfeeble is cut down to ~10% which nets a 11% more effective life still coming out ahead of the loss of life.
Versus chaos damage the survival boost is insane, which makes it good for some endgame bosses & monsters.

That being said if you want you can change Punishment CWDT for Enfeeble CWDT for simmilar effect and keep Essence Worm.
Last edited by Mannoth on Apr 30, 2016, 12:05:31 PM
Core cleared:

Would Daresso's Defiance be a good choice?
Neat

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info