[2.4] The Vampire - Tanky 2H Slayer Duelist (90k+DPS) [budget,acrobatics,evasion,leech] - Core Clear

"
Freez3r wrote:
i have 1 question: do you also think its viable to focus on armor ( get iron reflexes )

im not a fan of evasion, and if i get items like devoto's or lightning coil IR will be very strong

I feel like it's not needed, here is why:

a) Basalt Flask + 6x Endurance charges is enough to have 44% physical damage reduction, which is good enough in my opinion (lightning coil and taste of hate is an option if you really want to push it further)
b) Armor is useless unless you have a ton of it
c) There is a new map mod that reduced armor by a lot :\
d) Armor does nothing against elemental attacks, which are a lot more dangerous that physicals when you are running endgame maps
e) Evasion has a nice synergy of delaying the next hit (on average) which means there is a higher chance that by the time next hit lands you will be full on life (through leech).
[2.2] The Vampire - Tanky 2H Axe Slayer Duelist - /view-thread/1611662
Last edited by Mannoth on Dec 1, 2016, 6:24:00 AM
thanks for your detailed reply!

makes def. alot of sense and i agree that u need tons of armor to be effective.

will try the eva route for the first time then.
oie matey... just want to try this build (respec my lvl79 slayer to this) and i want to ask which weapon would be better... i think marohi is better but i just want to be sure XD
this marohi or...

this +2 melee?

edit: both are just self-found loots
Last edited by uswh0le on Dec 3, 2016, 4:56:16 AM
As far as DPS goes Marohi by a landslide mate in this situation :P

One thing to consider is the reduced movement speed penalty, which might make the build feel a bit slower.
Liking this so far in breach, but was wondering whether you think lacerate would work well - not really a fan of cyclone and don't want to play earthquake again. And what would you recommend for support gems (multistrike maybe?) if so?
Also can this take on the guardians/shaper? Doubt I'll get that far but it's nice to have the option.
"
Wogget wrote:
Liking this so far in breach, but was wondering whether you think lacerate would work well - not really a fan of cyclone and don't want to play earthquake again. And what would you recommend for support gems (multistrike maybe?) if so?
Also can this take on the guardians/shaper? Doubt I'll get that far but it's nice to have the option.

I have to be honest, I haven't really tried.

Didn't have much time to play after Perandus since I was having my finals at the university.
If I get around it I will test it out on standard.

Lacerate should work just fine, links are rather straight forward and easy to interchange increased/concentrated effect out or run fortify on movement skill (this depends on personal preference, I prefer my fortify on my skill when using a really close combat skill like cyclone).

If I get bored during breach I will test out on standard some guardians/shaper runs.
Awesome! thanks for the quick reply. I guess it really just comes down to the gear for it to be guardian/shaper viable, but gl if you do try it.
+16% to Fire and Cold Resistances
--------
+34 to Strength
+38 to Intelligence
+133 to Evasion Rating
+61 to maximum Life

These are the stats on a ring I am about to mod, should I add phys, 7-10 all resists, or 20+ of one resist (likely lightning)?

I am almost done assembling the gear for the build and will be resetting my tree to match this one.
Thank you for continually updating this build and answering.
"
mikef144 wrote:
+16% to Fire and Cold Resistances
--------
+34 to Strength
+38 to Intelligence
+133 to Evasion Rating
+61 to maximum Life

These are the stats on a ring I am about to mod, should I add phys, 7-10 all resists, or 20+ of one resist (likely lightning)?

I am almost done assembling the gear for the build and will be resetting my tree to match this one.
Thank you for continually updating this build and answering.

Add the resist which is missing, if all your resists are covered add the flat physical.
If crafting the all resists or a single specific resist will enable you to run elemental weakness maps then craft that one.

If you are doing well with resists aim for a good Steel Ring (though do know they cost quite a bit for good ones so it is only recommended for min maxing your DPS).

Hello Mannoth I've enjoyed your build so far I'm hoping for tips to help my survivability, I got to normal atziri trio but got crushed. I know I need to get the endurance charges but would like anymore advice so I can actually beat normal atziri, thanks in advance

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info