SET FREE THE ASCENDANCY POINTS (or rework the lab) [New ascension methods/lab rework ideas]

"
Fruz wrote:
[
"
Turtledove wrote:
The best way I can think of to try to calculate that statistic would be take the percentage of people posting in the forums [...]

Captain obvious here, but the confirmation bias seems to be huge with you.
The forum's users will never, ever be a good approximation of the whole playerbase, as it has been said and explained many many times.

I don't recall that conversation, Captain Obvious. Perhaps you're confusing the valid assertion that people tend to complain more than they praise conversation?
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
Last edited by Turtledove on Jul 21, 2017, 3:00:01 AM
It has been said many ( countless ? ) times in this forum's section, that when people are not happy with something, they are much, much more likely to come here and complain, than people that don't have any problem with the content, just like it, or simply could not bother.
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
Last edited by Fruz on Jul 21, 2017, 4:54:24 AM
"
Fruz wrote:

One more time, they have infinitely more data than you, from which they can extrapolate about the popularity of the lab.

Actually, the only telemetry they can collect is how often the lab is used. The data they can't collect, is how many of those running the lab, would stop doing so if there was alternative.
"
Kellog wrote:
"
Fruz wrote:

One more time, they have infinitely more data than you, from which they can extrapolate about the popularity of the lab.

Actually, the only telemetry they can collect is how often the lab is used.

No it's not.
They can have any kind of data regarding what's happening in game :
- when people run the lab
- how much time it takes them to run the lab, how much time it takes them to get through traps ( a bit more difficult to do maybe, but definitely doable ), if people are taking their time, or rushing.
- when people get carried
- when people run the lab to get their ascendancy points
- when people run the lab to compete on the ladder
- when people run the lab to farm

"
Kellog wrote:
The data they can't collect, is how many of those running the lab, would stop doing so if there was alternative.

This is irrelevant, and completely relative to what would that alternative ( that will never happen ) be.

Let's try to apply the same reasoning to the act 4 ( that had been quite heavily criticized here, but was not too much of a trouble at the end, likely because people can just overlevel it and smash the bosses if they want, or wait near a portal that somebody gets the job done ).
"How many would stop running act 4 if there was an alternative ?"
That's a really stupid question honestly, I don't think that there is even a need to explain why here.
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
Last edited by Fruz on Jul 21, 2017, 6:43:50 AM
"
Fruz wrote:
"
Kellog wrote:
"
Fruz wrote:

Actually, the only telemetry they can collect is how often the lab is used.

No it's not.
They can have any kind of data regarding what's happening in game :
- when people run the lab
- how much time it takes them to run the lab, how much time it takes them to get through traps ( a bit more difficult to do maybe, but definitely doable ), if people are taking their time, or rushing.
- when people get carried
- when people run the lab to get their ascendancy points
- when people run the lab to compete on the ladder
- when people run the lab to farm

Apart from the farming and ladder aspects, which as far as the ladders are concerned, seem to be quite small numbers, nothing tells them if people actually enjoy running it. Even the farming aspect could be debated.

"
This is irrelevant...

It's completely relevant and in some ways the only thing that matters.

"
Let's try to apply the same reasoning to the act 4 ( that had been quite heavily criticized here, but was not too much of a trouble at the end, likely because people can just overlevel it and smash the bosses if they want, or wait near a portal that somebody gets the job done ).
"How many would stop running act 4 if there was an alternative ?"
That's a really stupid question honestly, I don't think that there is even a need to explain why here.

Absolute nonsense. The acts have to be completed, even if that means only killing the relevant boss to progress. The lab is just a side show, which, because of the Ascendancy points, has become almost mandatory. However, it's still quite possible to go without.
The nonsense is your answer I'm afraid, it's very contradictory.
The labyrinth has to be completed if you want the ascendancy points, period.

And you not understanding how they can extrapolate from the data that they have, is none of my concern, the facts are that you don't know what's what, and that GGG has infinitely more elements than you to be able to know/understand, and take appropriate decisions.
Last edited by Fruz on Jul 21, 2017, 7:07:09 AM
Due to the questions in the Beta 3.0 Labyrinth changes feedback thread, I actually doubt they have most of the data you assume they have, since they asked people to tell them most of that data. Were they simply trying to see how many people lie (or how far their perceptions differ from reality?) about their experience in the labyrinth? I don't think so.

Just saying.
"
Zaludoz wrote:
Due to the questions in the Beta 3.0 Labyrinth changes feedback thread, I actually doubt they have most of the data you assume they have, since they asked people to tell them most of that data. Were they simply trying to see how many people lie (or how far their perceptions differ from reality?) about their experience in the labyrinth? I don't think so.

Just saying.

You mean, data regarding a beta that only a tiny part of the playerbase has access to, that started recently, and where people haven't actually managed to find the sweet spots just yet ?
The thread where they are asking questions specifically about a new piece of content ( considering the changes ), where they could not have had enough time/resources to have anything like what they have for the current version of the labs ?

Or are you just trolling ?
Last edited by Fruz on Jul 21, 2017, 7:54:33 AM
If they have monitoring tools to gather that data internally, like you assume they have, yes, they'd have all that data, even in a beta. (Or do you think they have staff members who are assigned to watch and record data about everyone who enters the labyrinth to gather data about each run? yes, that's absurd... they'd have a tool to gather that data...)
That is a much, much smaller sample size regarding the beta, and they have a limited time.
So yeah, they might want to complete it with more.

Anyway, the original point wasn't whether they have enough data or not to take their conclusions anyway ( even if they obviously have for the current lab ), but that you guys have nothing, infinitely less than what they have.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info