SET FREE THE ASCENDANCY POINTS (or rework the lab) [New ascension methods/lab rework ideas]

I wonder how cool it would be playing frogger with an imprecise mouse, pointer, sloppy animation, inconsistent hitboxes, lag and desync?

I am for removing of ascendancy points from the lab, as the content and gameplay of traps in it is terrible
"
I wonder how cool it would be playing frogger with an imprecise mouse, pointer, sloppy animation, inconsistent hitboxes, lag and desync?

Lag and desync are issues on your end at this point. The servers did have issues early on in the league, well more the ISP\data center having issues, but those have been resolved.

Yet another stupid "but desync" excuse. LOL

As far as hit boxes, I call bullshit on that, its quite clear when you are and aren't getting hit (hint you lose HP\ES)

As for mouse movements, again this is an issue on your end, the mouse only goes where you tell it to.

The last question is do you play on lockstep or predictive and which gateway server do you use (also what ping)
https://youtu.be/T9kygXtkh10?t=285

FeelsBadMan

Remove MF from POE, make juiced map the new MF.
I'm talking about frogger, dude
"
I'm talking about frogger, dude

From what you wrote, it seems like you are trying to say the lab is like playing frogger and those circumstances are what you are playing inside of PoE.

I can't make you think the lab isn't like frogger, but I can damn well tell you that the other things you mentioned are issues you can resolve yourself.

FeelsBadMan

I was wondering out loud if frogger could have been one of the greatest video games of all time if there were a mouse type control instead of a joystick and you could lag spike back into a car after already jumping past it.

You're reading something into what I said that isn't there. :)
"
goetzjam wrote:

The terrible comparison is saying this issue is a large one when it isn't after 6 months to a year no one will give 2 shits about this topic, unlike the other things people do care about, like trade and apparently the XP penalty in "softcore" leagues.

It is a terrible comparison because there is a fundamental difference between people complaining about trading/exp loss, which are fundamental parts of the types of games POE seeks to follow in the footsteps of. It doesnt even make sense to me to complain about stuff like that.

The frogger traps labyrinth, on the other hand, is a radically and fundamentally different type of gameplay that has been forced onto players.

"
I was wondering out loud if frogger could have been one of the greatest video games of all time if there were a mouse type control instead of a joystick and you could lag spike back into a car after already jumping past it.

Look at the thread you are replying in. If you don't think people would make the same conclusion as me, then obviously your post is off topic and should be removed.

FeelsBadMan

"
goetzjam wrote:
"

Look at the thread you are replying in. If you don't think people would make the same conclusion as me, then obviously your post is off topic and should be removed.

There is obviously a difference between complaining about a radically new type of content being added to POE, and complaining about ARPG staples that have always existed in ARPGs (until some recently).

"
Khoranth wrote:
"
goetzjam wrote:
"

There is obviously a difference between complaining about a radically new type of content being added to POE, and complaining about ARPG staples that have always existed in ARPGs (until some recently).

If GGG never does anything that other games of its genre does, then its potential is limited. So following your logic we shouldn't have half of the things we do now.

FeelsBadMan

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info