SET FREE THE ASCENDANCY POINTS (or rework the lab) [New ascension methods/lab rework ideas]

"
Turtledove wrote:
"
tryhardgg wrote:
I'm here to give my daily The lab sucks! feedback .

Based on the strawpoll, https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1639251, if everyone that disliked Labyrinth posted just a single time here, this thread would become the largest thread ever on the PoE forum.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/504429

Also, what do you define as disliked? Anything below 5 (including 5)? If so, such thread wouldn't even be as big as this one. :v (476 votes 5<= ; this thread 561)
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
https://joeduncan123.imgur.com
https://joeduncan1234.imgur.com
"
Perq wrote:
"
Turtledove wrote:
"
tryhardgg wrote:
I'm here to give my daily The lab sucks! feedback .

Based on the strawpoll, https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1639251, if everyone that disliked Labyrinth posted just a single time here, this thread would become the largest thread ever on the PoE forum.

Also, what do you define as disliked? Anything below 5 (including 5)? If so, such thread wouldn't even be as big as this one. :v (476 votes 5<= ; this thread 561)

I have no clue what the URL you linked to was supposed to mean?

Regarding your last sentence, this statement makes zero sense to me unless you are trying to say that every single person that dislikes (whatever definition you want) has voted in the strawpoll?
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
"
Turtledove wrote:
"
Perq wrote:
"
Turtledove wrote:

Regarding your last sentence, this statement makes zero sense to me unless you are trying to say that every single person that dislikes (whatever definition you want) has voted in the strawpoll?

Linked URL was the biggest thread on the forums, to date.

You gave a link to some strawpoll, so I looked it up, and there wasn't as many people there, as you claimed. So your based on a strawpoll makes little sense.

Even if all of the people who doesn't like the Lab would post in one thread, what difference does it make? What if thread with everyone who likes the Lab was bigger? Lol.

What is the point of that sentence, exactly? :V
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
https://joeduncan123.imgur.com
https://joeduncan1234.imgur.com
"
You gave a link to some strawpoll, so I looked it up, and there wasn't as many people there, as you claimed. So your based on a strawpoll makes little sense.

Please show us there are a lot of people liking the lab, like a hundred time more that the dislikers, and then maybe your presence here will make a sense, because for now it doesn't.

"

Then give us a strawpoll showing the opposite ? Or maybe you just can't because you know its wrong ?

"
Even if all of the people who doesn't like the Lab would post in one thread, what difference does it make? What if thread with everyone who likes the Lab was bigger? Lol.

Why you ask for something when you already got the answer ?

"

The point of your presence here ?
Pas ici pour rendre service ;).
Un jeu avec autant de qualités que de défauts, malheureusement ignorés et soutenus par une marée de supporters nolifes sans aucune objectivité.
"
MisterER wrote:
"

Please show us there are a lot of people liking the lab, like a hundred time more that the dislikers, and then maybe your presence here will make a sense, because for now it doesn't.

"

Then give us a strawpoll showing the opposite ? Or maybe you just can't because you know its wrong ?

"

Why you ask for something when you already got the answer ?

"

The point of your presence here ?

So just because your strawpoll which is in the feedback and suggestion forums that hasn't likely gotten new votes in a while has more dislike then like doesn't prove anything. People that are content or happy with the situation don't purposely seek out ways to jump up and down about it, but people that are unhappy will.

Its like those 1800 numbers for call my driving or give feedback on a place you've been, the amount of complaints to complements are always skewed, just like your poll is going to be. Absolutely everyone should understand how that works.
https://youtu.be/T9kygXtkh10?t=285

FeelsBadMan

Remove MF from POE, make juiced map the new MF.
"
Perq wrote:
"
Turtledove wrote:
"
Perq wrote:

Linked URL was the biggest thread on the forums, to date.

Thank you for explaining the thread, I read the OP and was just confused because I didn't notice the length of the thread.

Regarding the point that you asked about, it really wasn't worth all this nonsense but if curious then please look at the context of my thread. Regards,
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
"
goetzjam wrote:

So just because your strawpoll which is in the feedback and suggestion forums that hasn't likely gotten new votes in a while has more dislike then like doesn't prove anything. People that are content or happy with the situation don't purposely seek out ways to jump up and down about it, but people that are unhappy will.

Its like those 1800 numbers for call my driving or give feedback on a place you've been, the amount of complaints to complements are always skewed, just like your poll is going to be. Absolutely everyone should understand how that works.

Please note that the discussion below was originally posted a week or so ago and the detail numbers are changed since new votes have been added although the percentages per category are similar and so I think the discussion is still valid.

While it is true that not being a random sample for the straw poll sample means that it is not the best representation of the full population, it does not mean useless. What it means is that caution must be used when interpreting the results. Since there is not a better poll a flawed poll is still better than nothing. What is does safely mean is that a significant portion of the population dislikes the Labyrinth. What exact percentage is unclear. But, for example, someone argued at one point before the straw poll was available that only 5 people disliked the Labyrinth. I think that has been debunked by this straw poll. Another example, I think it could be safely guessed that at least 40% of the population has a mild like to strong like of Labyrinth. The reason I think that is a safe guess is that as has been pointed out there is probably a higher inclination for people disliking the labyrinth to vote in the straw poll and so it could be reasonably argued that 40% would be the bottom for that statistic.

Perhaps we can try to quantify what the higher inclination is to vote in the straw poll for people disliking the Labyrinth?

Does the poll do anything to lead people to conclude more negative opinions about labyrinth or try to draw in people that only hold that negative view? Here's the title of the thread. "[Poll] It's been a month now, how much do you like the labyrinth/acendancy class/enchantments?" That doesn't seem to do that. Here's the text of the OP for the thread.
lab
Ascendancy
enchanments

That also seems to follow good practice to get as fair and unbiased of a vote as possible. Note that the Labyrinth isn't singled out and negative opinions are not expressed or implied. If it was primarily Labyrinth dislikers that responded then I'd expect a much larger voting population for the first poll compared to the following two polls. Let's look at that.

lab - 500 total votes
Ascendancy - 429 votes
enchanments - 391 votes

True that there is a larger population voting in the lab straw poll. There is also a larger population voting for ascendancy than enchantments. I think people are going to just naturally drop out after voting in one or two straw polls anyway. Also, I didn't vote in the second two straw polls simply because I never ascended and so didn't feel I was sufficiently qualified to vote in the next two straw polls. Other people might have felt the same way. Anyway 71 more people voted in the lab straw poll than the second and 109 more people voted in the third poll than the lab poll, trying to look at it conservatively, I really can't imagine much more than around 80 votes being lab dislikes above what might be expected out of the full population. The 80 votes is just over half of the people rating labyrinth as a 1, the worst content. So that still leaves a very significant population of people that dislike labyrinth. I think far more than what GGG would like to see and perhaps enough for GGG to decide that they could increase their user base by making ascendancy points available outside the labyrinth somehow?

EDIT: Currently there's a total of 813 votes total in the lab strawpoll. Of those there is 478 with a mild to strong dislike of lab (1 thru 5) or 59% and 201 that rated lab the worst. Let's for example, delete half of the the votes giving lab the worst rating, that would be 100 votes. If we eliminate those 100 votes then it works out to be 53% of the people disliking labyrinth.
Last edited by Turtledove on May 4, 2016, 2:19:03 PM
@Turtledove

The straw pool means nothing. I don't know why you wasted your time to try and break down why you think it means anything. Any straw pool is just an assessment of whoever knows and responds about the poll, its actually going to be far more bias then those 800 numbers are because a lot of the people here and more importantly the ones searching to complain about the lab will go much further then those that are happy or ok with the lab.

Like I can't even understand why you think the poll means ANYTHING, the only thing you are right about is that more then 5 people dislike the lab, the numbers however past that are of NO USE.

Even GGG's poll where they posted about what they wanted the perandus league to be is going to not be an accurate representation of the community as a whole. Even if it was in game it wouldn't be because D3 season just started last week and lots of people only come back to play PoE after new ladder or whenever the race season starts up.

Simply put you can't use any polls as a representation of what people "feel" and apply it to a larger group, like you know the whole community.

You can say of the people that browse feedback and suggestions forums 60% or whatever don't enjoy the lab. That would be fine to say, but you can't say the community or people that play the game because thats not what the poll represents.

As always more people are inclined to browse these forums to have something they want to feedback about, more importantly complain about, so its no surprise to me that the poll would indicate that "more" people dislike the lab.

Regardless GGG doesn't do anything based on community straw polls, as Chris has indicated in the past they don't represent what the community as a whole wants. Not only that they don't do design changes based on what the community wants either.

As stated likely here and elsewhere the removal of AC from the lab isn't logical for the game. Not only that it removes the largest factor people do the lab and removes the "need" for you to do the content they specifically want you to do. I feel like we are going in circles because people won't just let this topic die down until after the next major league, the chances that the lab gets any changes, other then the fixes to ES\ect before then is slim to none.
https://youtu.be/T9kygXtkh10?t=285

FeelsBadMan

Remove MF from POE, make juiced map the new MF.
"
goetzjam wrote:

As stated likely here and elsewhere the removal of AC from the lab isn't logical for the game. Not only that it removes the largest factor people do the lab and removes the "need" for you to do the content they specifically want you to do. I feel like we are going in circles because people won't just let this topic die down until after the next major league, the chances that the lab gets any changes, other then the fixes to ES\ect before then is slim to none.

As ignorantly and without any solid reasoning stated you want to say on the first sentence. Lore? Easy solution provided in the OP. Get your shit together.

The same content they incentivize players to skip ? Wake up from the slumber, labyrinth as is makes absolutely no sense besides lore, it changed the ACTION in ARPG to ARCADE, it divided the community like nothing before, it spawned countless threads against it, and some of them still are alive 2 fucking months after the release.

You must be out of your mind to blindly dismiss feedback however small and insignificant it might seem to your narrow-minded point of view. But as always i just wasted 3 minutes of my life to write something that will make absolutely no difference since WK just skip reason and logic whenever they encounter it.

Why arent you ingame playing the precious lab by the way? Or are you bored/frustrated by it too? Cause you seem to spent much more time defending that shit than actually playing the game
Inundated with cockroaches, I am

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1609216 - labyrinth rework ideas/suggestions
"
goetzjam wrote:
@Turtledove

The straw pool means nothing. I don't know why you wasted your time to try and break down why you think it means anything. Any straw pool is just an assessment of whoever knows and responds about the poll, its actually going to be far more bias then those 800 numbers are because a lot of the people here and more importantly the ones searching to complain about the lab will go much further then those that are happy or ok with the lab.

Like I can't even understand why you think the poll means ANYTHING, the only thing you are right about is that more then 5 people dislike the lab, the numbers however past that are of NO USE.

Even GGG's poll where they posted about what they wanted the perandus league to be is going to not be an accurate representation of the community as a whole. Even if it was in game it wouldn't be because D3 season just started last week and lots of people only come back to play PoE after new ladder or whenever the race season starts up.

Simply put you can't use any polls as a representation of what people "feel" and apply it to a larger group, like you know the whole community.

You can say of the people that browse feedback and suggestions forums 60% or whatever don't enjoy the lab. That would be fine to say, but you can't say the community or people that play the game because thats not what the poll represents.

As always more people are inclined to browse these forums to have something they want to feedback about, more importantly complain about, so its no surprise to me that the poll would indicate that "more" people dislike the lab.

Regardless GGG doesn't do anything based on community straw polls, as Chris has indicated in the past they don't represent what the community as a whole wants. Not only that they don't do design changes based on what the community wants either.

You are plainly wrong, even contradicting yourself. On the one hand you state that "The straw pool means nothing." Then later you admit that it does have some meaning. You assert falsely that there is no relationship between people browsing the forums and the general population. The people browsing the forums is after all a portion of the population. The situation regarding straw polls is exactly as I stated it.
"While it is true that not being a random sample for the straw poll sample means that it is not the best representation of the full population, it does not mean useless. What it means is that caution must be used when interpreting the results."
I presented a cautious interpretation of the poll showing 53% of the people dislike labyrinth. We could be even more cautious and take the ridiculous position that all 201 votes rating the labyrinth as the worst should be discarded. Then it works out to be 277/612 = 45%. That is STILL 45% of the people saying that they dislike labyrinth. Sorry Geotzjam, the numbers don't lie, that is STILL a very significant portion of the people.

The last two paragraphs is simply your opinion and guess as to what GGG will decide, even though you try to present them as hard fact. What you seem to ignore is the obvious fact that GGG wants people to like PoE and to have fun when they play PoE. If they can make a simple change that significantly would improve those two important considerations then they would typically make that simple change.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info