SET FREE THE ASCENDANCY POINTS (or rework the lab) [New ascension methods/lab rework ideas]

"
Here's the thing with lab: it's terrible decision to make it mandatory content and treat different builds differently. Running through traps with 4-5 endurance charges as slayer is just walk in the park. Try to do the same with lifebased vaal pact build. Yup, not only it's not fun, it becomes super stressing and tedious, yet it's mandatory. It's not like "Well, should I try to do this Uber Atziri set I got or not?", it's more like "Well, I really need those ascendancy points...I'll get 5 eternal flasks to try and be safe"

And you have to do it 4 times. In all of its tediousness.

What lab basically does is, make me start avoiding life based characters once I can afford decent ES gear. Unless it is slayer.

i farmed last league as vaal pact life bladeflurry char.
i didnt even need to remove abyssus at most layouts.
No rest for the wicked
"
SaiyanZ wrote:
Trying to to my first Uber lab for a while to get some enchants. Game is lagging like shit. Don't know if I'll reach the end.

i have 15 ping and 230 fps.
what am i doing wrong?
No rest for the wicked
"
SaiyanZ wrote:

a wall and in order to fix my boots I'll have to go through this shit over and over again.

30с fixes everything
No rest for the wicked
"
mezmery wrote:
"
SaiyanZ wrote:

a wall and in order to fix my boots I'll have to go through this shit over and over again.

30с fixes everything

For 30c I would want 30 movement with it as well.
"
sidtherat wrote:
"
Turtledove wrote:

So I guess that you're saying that GGG doesn't care about feedback and suggestions in the Feedback and Suggestions forum?

they did care when you posted it for the first time.

after tenth time and 100th post it is no longer a feedback but an obsession

There's no real evidence that they really cared much after the first complaint. Thinking that GGG keeps track of who has said something once or 10 times or even 100 times is even less likely, IMHO. Although, I doubt you really believe what your wrote and instead thought it would just be a "cute" thing to post.
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
"
Turtledove wrote:
"
sidtherat wrote:
"
Turtledove wrote:

So I guess that you're saying that GGG doesn't care about feedback and suggestions in the Feedback and Suggestions forum?

they did care when you posted it for the first time.

after tenth time and 100th post it is no longer a feedback but an obsession

There's no real evidence that they really cared much after the first complaint. Thinking that GGG keeps track of who has said something once or 10 times or even 100 times is even less likely, IMHO. Although, I doubt you really believe what your wrote and instead thought it would just be a "cute" thing to post.

Based on the evidence and direct emails about the FFA loot, I know they stay true to their vision for the game. They are not responsive to criticism nor do they care (in my opinion). This is great because they do not make knee jerk decisions. This is bad when they fall off a cliff like they have now.

But do not waste your time posting here is your goal is to change their minds, if they haven't changed their mind and your still playing due to this sliver of hope, find a new game.
"
Zalhan2 wrote:
"
Turtledove wrote:

Based on the evidence and direct emails about the FFA loot, I know they stay true to their vision for the game. They are not responsive to criticism nor do they care (in my opinion). This is great because they do not make knee jerk decisions. This is bad when they fall off a cliff like they have now.

But do not waste your time posting here is your goal is to change their minds, if they haven't changed their mind and your still playing due to this sliver of hope, find a new game.

I haven't played PoE in months. I played Grim Dawn for a while, great game. I've more recently been playing Diablo 3. It too is great. D3 is a better game to play with my wife. She didn't like Grim Dawn. So, switching to Diablo 3 freed me up completely from PoE. She hated labyrinth and so when we started up new characters, I had to play double the number of trial/labyrinth runs, uck!

PoE is generally a great game. I hope that GGG will finally come to their senses and fix the labyrinth or make it optional. If not then I'm not sure I'll ever try out the new stuff in it?
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
"
Turtledove wrote:

I haven't played PoE in months. I played Grim Dawn for a while, great game. I've more recently been playing Diablo 3. It too is great. D3 is a better game to play with my wife. She didn't like Grim Dawn. So, switching to Diablo 3 freed me up completely from PoE. She hated labyrinth and so when we started up new characters, I had to play double the number of trial/labyrinth runs, uck!

PoE is generally a great game. I hope that GGG will finally come to their senses and fix the labyrinth or make it optional. If not then I'm not sure I'll ever try out the new stuff in it?

You've been saying the later part for a while now. So let me ask you, if 3.0 doesn't make the lab optional are you going to continue on your crusade, despite GGG giving you every possible indication that they don't wish to change it to make it "optional"
https://youtu.be/T9kygXtkh10?t=285

FeelsBadMan

Remove MF from POE, make juiced map the new MF.
"
Turtledove wrote:
"
Zalhan2 wrote:
"
Turtledove wrote:

I actually got sucked back into WOW to play with friends who see POE as too player unfriendly and they actually play DOTA so they do not mind pain and suffering. Diablo isn't the same game as POE, though I am looking forward to the necromancer.

Still no desire for me to play yet either, though I am not one of those people refusing on principle. I just don't want to play it at the moment mainly due to Lab, might change mind if new stuff is worth the pain and stupidity of the Lab, WOW has some mind numbing dumb fights but you don't have to do them FOREVER OVER AND OVER. Bad stuff has a shelf life and goes away, unlike POE
"
goetzjam wrote:
"
Turtledove wrote:

You've been saying the later part for a while now. So let me ask you, if 3.0 doesn't make the lab optional are you going to continue on your crusade, despite GGG giving you every possible indication that they don't wish to change it to make it "optional"

It makes no difference if he does or not, because 3.0 will bring in a bunch of new players who try the lab for the first time, say 'WTF is this?', and stir up the lab hate train all over again. Remind me of this post if I am wrong and I will more than happily eat a slice of chumble pie.
Wash your hands, Exile!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info