SET FREE THE ASCENDANCY POINTS (or rework the lab) [New ascension methods/lab rework ideas]

"
morbo wrote:
"
Turtledove wrote:
Those developers are the ones that turned my favorite game of all time into utter SHIT.

This over-dramatization is why I have a hard time to take you guys seriously. (and the same goes for GGG, if anyone of them is reading this)

If before Ascendancy, PoE was your favourite game, then I have good news: you can completely ignore Ascendancy, because it goes in parallel with the rest of the content, and play the game as you've played it before.

As an added bonus you'll get slightly harder content, which is welcome, since PoE is too easy anyway (until you get into red maps, at least)

I did ignore the ascendancy points for a release or so and played PoE pretty much as I did before. After GGG made some adjustments to the "power creep" problem then I suffered through the labyrinth for a season. I also took a few breaks from PoE over this period of time to play other games for the first time since loading PoE 3.5 years ago. I now just play Grim Dawn except when my wife wants to play PoE, since she doesn't like playing solo. I really don't care if you believe me or not. At least for me, GGG turned PoE into a boring and tedious game with labyrinth (translate to utter SHIT since it is now so bad I no longer play it, except for the stated exception). I hasten to add that after giving GGG almost $400 they haven't seen a penny from me since labyrinth was released.
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
"
Turtledove wrote:
"
sidtherat wrote:
fun fact: you are defending an obvious alt-post situation. it is so obvious that it hurts. it can be because it was your alt or - more probable - you also know it but are embarassed by such stupid mistake

fun fact 2: the OP of this thread does no longer care. he is '31' and he did uber lab (achievements page confirms that). so he managed to get the grip of 'no changes happened so do not expect them to happen in the future' and moved on with his life.

when will you guys move on? at this point it is approaching health hazard situation..

You crow about irrelevant nonsense that no one cares about except for you and a few Internet Trolls. Like I said. I would assume that percent of alt accounts in the general forum is about the same as in the labyrinth threads. You've offered absolutely nothing to indicate otherwise.

edit: Actually the only relevance to alt accounts to this thread is if there is a significant percentage of posters on the list that have made a significant number of just a few anti-labyrinth posts. This would be an even easier thing for you or one of your Internet Troll buddies to prove.
Over 280 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 680 posters in support Put up or shut up!

"
Xtorma wrote:

What erks me the most about this useless thread is the fact that the main contributors are whining about how others treat them when posting, and then totally disrespect and belittle the devs who worked so hard on this segment of the game, and that I am sure are quite proud of their work.

Those developers are the ones that turned my favorite game of all time into utter SHIT. FUCK 'EM for that!!!! But the good news is that GGG is smart and successful. They are the ones that created my favorite game of all time afterall. I believe that they now recognize their mistake, thanks in large part to this thread. Do not despair Regulator, they will likely fix this horrible terrible mistake in the 3.0 release.

I am sure they respect your opinion, just as much as you respect their hard work. They have been showing you just how much your opinion means to them for months. Hopefully they will continue to do so, while you and yours continue to throw tantrums like a bunch of 4 year olds.
All opinions hold the same value.

Hopefully you'll continue with your schadenfreude and bumping of this thread.

"
All tantrums hold the same value.

Hopefully you'll continue with your schadenfreude and bumping of this thread.

Honesty.
"
Turtledove wrote:

edit: Actually the only relevance to alt accounts to this thread is if there is a significant percentage of posters on the list that have made a significant number of just a few anti-labyrinth posts. This would be an even easier thing for you or one of your Internet Troll buddies to prove.
Over 280 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 680 posters in support Put up or shut up!

I went through the first 78 account names on the list. Over 280 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 680 posters in support I added the following data for those 78 account names.

"
An "o" after the name means the account is older than March 2016. A "$" after the name means that a supporter title is in the profile. An "*" after the name means that neither of those is the case.

Early March was the release date for the horrible, boring and tedious labyrinth. Out of the 78 accounts there was one asterisk. Read their posts, I don't think there is any conspiracy uncovered yet that someone is creating accounts just to try to make it look like more people dislike the labyrinth than there really is as some paranoid people have implied.

Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
"
Turtledove wrote:
"
Turtledove wrote:

I went through the first 78 account names on the list. Over 280 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 680 posters in support I added the following data for those 78 account names.

"
An "o" after the name means the account is older than March 2016. A "$" after the name means that a supporter title is in the profile. An "*" after the name means that neither of those is the case.

Early March was the release date for the horrible, boring and tedious labyrinth. Out of the 78 accounts there was one asterisk. Read their posts, I don't think there is any conspiracy uncovered yet that someone is creating accounts just to try to make it look like more people dislike the labyrinth than there really is as some paranoid people have implied.

There are multiple fake accounts in this very thread, you just apparently don't have the memory to go back that far.

Its fine you dislike the lab, GGG is fine with you disliking the lab, what isn't "fine" is insinuating that one thing that takes a total of under 1 hour (for the 6 points, varying depending on the need\ability to get the uber points)

So if a game that you play takes 1 hour of "boring, blah blah blah" in order to be done and over it, then is that really that big of a deal to be borderline obsessed with it, because honestly its quite pathetic for you to just be a broken record, at least at some point before you were trying to add value, now your not.

Just quit and be done with it TBH. Check back for every 3 months to see they aren't going to change the lab (or more importantly remove ac points from the lab), instead of this obsessive useless postings you've been doing.
https://youtu.be/T9kygXtkh10?t=285

FeelsBadMan

Remove MF from POE, make juiced map the new MF.
Example of a "obsessive and useless posting" above^^

We ain't going anywhere.
"
morbo wrote:
"
I didn't ever say they are mandatory for progression. They are mandatory as part of character customization. You know, the thing that rpg games are all about.

Ok, I'd still not call them mandatory, just a "quite powerful boost to your char". Definitely they are too sweet to ignore, that's for sure.

I would like to point out that due the the Lab (rewards) the difficulty of PoE changed. This was mentioned by Chris if I remember correctly some time ago. I'd say if a part of PoE like lab affects other parts of it then yes, it makes it pretty mandatory.
I AM MAD
ZAP!ZAP!ZAP! ME SOOO WIZZARD!
Just put a "tribute statue" at the start of the Lab, where you can pay 40 chaos as a tribute, and be teleported to where you choose the Ascendancy points, loosing the chance to enchant items - and of course no treasure keys.

Izaro may say something like "Ambition is a poor excuse for not having sense enough to be lazy". And then put "lazy" in front of the ascendancy class on the ladder. "Marauder - lazy Chieftain".
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
"
Phrazz wrote:
Just put a "tribute statue" at the start of the Lab, where you can pay 40 chaos as a tribute, and be teleported to where you choose the Ascendancy points, loosing the chance to enchant items - and of course no treasure keys.

Izaro may say something like "Ambition is a poor excuse for not having sense enough to be lazy". And then put "lazy" in front of the ascendancy class on the ladder. "Marauder - lazy Chieftain".

I would go for that. As an added bonus I'd pay $5 for the mtx of changing "lazy" to "hates lab".

edit:
Sorry Phrazz, I was late in checking the list. Thank you for voicing your feedback to GGG on the labyrinth. I've added you to the list. You're number 685 on the list. This is the list of people that have voiced an opinion that the labyrinth needs to be improved or made optional. Don't give up hope on GGG. They will likely fix it in 3.0. Release 3.0 will be a major release with major changes. It will apparently require changes to the way ascendancy points are rewarded, since they say a difficulty level may be removed. So I think that they will just move the ascendancy points out of Labyrinth completely and make them rewards for a new challenge being planned for 3.0. The reason I believe this is because GGG has historically shown themselves to be smart and successful and they will continue to be smart and successful in 3.0. As the list grows longer our voices grow stronger. Over 280 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 680 posters in support
Last edited by Turtledove on Dec 26, 2016, 3:39:31 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info