SET FREE THE ASCENDANCY POINTS (or rework the lab) [New ascension methods/lab rework ideas]

So what are the average times of a lab runs on normal / cruel / merc / uber? Compile some data, make some nice graphs and maybe this thread wont be so boring.

(Before the expansion was released, Chris said that completing the lab will take "around 45 mins", which is an extremely conservative estimate)
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
Last edited by morbo on Dec 23, 2016, 3:18:33 PM
"
To be eligible for the normal leaderboards, players must be level 40 or lower and must not have started cruel yet.
same for Cruel

so it might be really difficult to get the data for these 2
"
morbo wrote:
So what are the average times of a lab runs on normal / cruel / merc / uber? Compile some data, make some nice graphs and maybe this thread wont be so boring.

(Before the expansion was released, Chris said that completing the lab will take "around 45 mins", which is an extremely conservative estimate)

Averages are much more work to calculate. To get the median one need only find the mid-point time in the list. I would guess that the average is above the median, at least based on the ladders I've looked at. Since the ladders were just reset, we can't really look at them yet until more data points are available. Although there are a few observations that can be made based on my historical observations.

* At the beginning of a ladder reset the times are longer at the beginning of the list. This makes sense because when the labyrinth is run multiple times any faster time for a character will replace the previous best time for that character.

* The higher the difficulty the larger the size of the block of really fast times. This makes sense because the higher difficulty the more likely that someone will farm that level and get faster and faster times. This is why I say that we should be looking at the normal difficulty ladder. This more closely reflects the time that someone doing the labyrinth just for the ascendancy points should be expected to get.

* The times on the ladder have generally been getting faster and faster. The median times used to be 30 to forty minutes. It has been steadily improving to the current ladders being closer to 20 minutes. This makes sense because people in general are getting better at running labyrinth even if they only run it for the ascendancy points.

Note that I generally look at and I'm referring to the softcore league, Breach league in the current season.
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
And the average would be MUCH higher if GGG cared to record the majority of players who only go in while way overleveled and only do it once because MOST dislike the experience.
"
And the average would be MUCH higher if GGG cared to record the majority of players who only go in while way overleveled and only do it once because MOST dislike the experience.

Not neccessarily. People like to play efficiently and going into Norm. lab say at 30, is less efficient. Depending on your build, for some it's more efficient to do all the labs when you reach 70+ or do the lab delayed, eg.: you do Norm lab, when you first enter into Cruel. The added clearspeed from Asc. points has to outweight the time spent in the Lab.

GGG could easily shorten the Norm & Cruel labs, reserve fast layout seeds for those two difficulties, remove golden doors from them, etc.. That wold be perfectly fine to improve the experince in early game. (making Merc & Uber harder would be ok too, imo).

But GGG didn't make any such changes, so I'll assume they feel the lab is ok. I wouldn't expect major changes in 3.0
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
Last edited by morbo on Dec 24, 2016, 2:49:26 AM
"
morbo wrote:
"

Not neccessarily. People like to play efficiently and going into Norm. lab say at 30, is less efficient. Depending on your build, for some it's more efficient to do all the labs when you reach 70+ or do the lab delayed, eg.: you do Norm lab, when you first enter into Cruel. The added clearspeed from Asc. points has to outweight the time spent in the Lab.

GGG could easily shorten the Norm & Cruel labs, reserve fast layout seeds for those two difficulties, remove golden doors from them, etc.. That wold be perfectly fine to improve the experince in early game. (making Merc & Uber harder would be ok too, imo).

But GGG didn't make any such changes, so I'll assume they feel the lab is ok. I wouldn't expect major changes in 3.0

Well, if we are gonna guide our way by what GGG feels is ok...
Dude, I think you logged in on your alt-account
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
"
morbo wrote:

Not sure who this was directed against but if it was qwqwqw333_final, then I know he was already on the list, Over 280 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 680 posters in support?
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
Every time I am forced to run the labyrinth, it be a prophecy, need for an enchant that I cant buy, and whatnot, I always log off after. If I died it takes a looong time before I want to log on again, if I didn't it's because it just isn't any fun.
Take out the hardcore element and tune down the traps and one-shot mechanisms. Or just replace it with something more fun.
Last edited by Astaroth_PoD on Dec 25, 2016, 4:45:11 AM
"
morbo wrote:
I mean youre talking to the guy who literally creates multiple accounts to agree with himself and who tries to police the forum while insulting everyone else, its no surprise ahahahaha.
Harvest sucks! But look at my decked out gear two weeks in!

Labyrinth salt farm miner.

"But my build diversity" , "Game is too hard!" - Meta drone playing the same 1-3 builds for years.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info